What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

For the guys that complaing about spikestrips

Its exploiting in the game tho, and he aint running 2000 meters with the spikes out

Its exploiting in the game tho, and he aint running 2000 meters with the spikes out
Has anyone ever been banned for it? I have never seen any staff say it is exploiting, and if you ask me, it clearly isn't...

Last edited by a moderator:
Spikestrips nowdays are really light and easy to move around. You can imagine tat 20years from now, they are even more advanced. How they work in game right now is really clunky and when there is not anything coded into the spikes that we cannot run with them, the expectation is that you can run with em.

I think the difference is that IRL it doesn't cause your car to explode or fly and land on the moon itself; also, I'm sure something like this is extremely difficult to do, hence why you don't see your average officer doing it

Obviously, but running to put it under a car isn't.
Well that is a staff decision whether not its exploiting but running about with spike strips is shit RP to say the least, they are heavy and you can't just swing them about at mid air.

Well that is a staff decision whether not its exploiting but running about with spike strips is shit RP to say the least, they are heavy and you can't just swing them about at mid air.
Since when is your actions RP? I thought you had to verbally say everything now? ;)

banter because im unhappy about ruleplay

Like stated before, spike strips are not so heavy IRL. Old spikesrip systems are, but there are multible more modern systems what are really light weight and you easily could run with em, even for extended periods of time.

We also need to take the gameplay aspect into consideration. If it would be not possible for vehicles like hatchbacks go 80km/h middle of field and in woods, situation would be totally different. For example spiking someone in tanoa was totally different than in altis, as you really had to follow the roads to get somewhere.

Like stated before, spike strips are not so heavy IRL. Old spikesrip systems are, but there are multible more modern systems what are really light weight and you easily could run with em, even for extended periods of time.

We also need to take the gameplay aspect into consideration. If it would be not possible for vehicles like hatchbacks go 80km/h middle of field and in woods, situation would be totally different. For example spiking someone in tanoa was totally different than in altis, as you really had to follow the roads to get somewhere.
Lightweight ones that extend 20ft+ still weigh 10kg and fully deployed there is little chance u can run about holding them in mid air

Now I'm not bothered about an officer moving to place it while deployed but its the cops that literally CHASE you with spike strips deployed have an issue with

I think it should just weight on the side of gameplay over realism honestly.

Spikestrips are powerful as they are in their own right; I don't see why cops should be allowed (not saying they are but lets assume they do in this example) to run around and place them dependant on if a vehicle is moving around etc.

That's my two cents on the issue.

Lightweight ones that extend 20ft+ still weigh 10kg and fully deployed there is little chance u can run about holding them in mid air

Now I'm not bothered about an officer moving to place it while deployed but its the cops that literally CHASE you with spike strips deployed have an issue with
There is alot lighter ones even currently in use what can cover over 1.5 lanes. Reusable ones are the heavy ones, but atleast in Finland police has allready moved to use ones what if get run over will get send back to manufacturer, mainly made from plastic and hollow aluminium spikes. Weight of these is less than 5Kg, ofc there is downside in fast deployments, but you can carry them further.

You cannot run with the spikes when its deployed, when you deploy the spike it just flats it self into the ground. I dunno if the better way of doing the animation would be that when you have the spike selected insted of having the "not flat" barbwire it would be a case and then when you debloy it it would just Place the flat barbwire. Even if we would take that 10kg even me as a fat nerd can run with that weight and still be able to trow it forward to deploy it. And then againg it is a game where you can run from kavala to sofia and keep on sprinting with full military gear on you...

Back