What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Salty rebels crying vdm

I'm interested to know what people think of the following scenario. I was told I'd committed vdm but as far as I'm concerned what I did was 100% legit.

I was driving a hemit box from Athira to the UNMC, just as I left athira I started getting followed by 2 guys in a off-road one of whom was riding in the back and another guy in a pink qilin. They tried to box me in a few times and force me to stop but I evaded them. Eventually the guy in the back of the off-road produced a rifle and they started trying to move past me to get in my lane again and box me in.

i wasn't about to let these rebel cowards steal my stuff so I tried to run the off-road off the road mad max style.

So the off-road exploded quite unexpectedly. I was thrown out of my truck and had a split second standing in the road like an idiot before my hemit exploded. 

Turns out my attackers were a bunch of salty Americans. They were complaining that I'd moved out of my lane when they had moved into my lane at least twice while trying to box me in. I advised them that they were acting aggressively and I took an appropriate action. I wasn't expecting there to be a giant inferno but if they died as a result of being dicks then they only have themselves to blame.

So yeah what do you guys think? I'm claiming the moral high ground on this one. I was hoping to make it to the unmc so they could teach these numpties a lesson.

On a side note I've got nothing against North Americans coming on the server but sometimes it feels as if there exploiting the time difference to avoid the cops, (as most brits are in bed at 2am on a Thursday morning) just saying...

I'm interested to know what people think of the following scenario. I was told I'd committed vdm but as far as I'm concerned what I did was 100% legit.

I was driving a hemit box from Athira to the UNMC, just as I left athira I started getting followed by 2 guys in a off-road one of whom was riding in the back and another guy in a pink qilin. They tried to box me in a few times and force me to stop but I evaded them. Eventually the guy in the back of the off-road produced a rifle and they started trying to move past me to get in my lane again and box me in.

i wasn't about to let these rebel cowards steal my stuff so I tried to run the off-road off the road mad max style.

So the off-road exploded quite unexpectedly. I was thrown out of my truck and had a split second standing in the road like an idiot before my hemit exploded. 

Turns out my attackers were a bunch of salty Americans. They were complaining that I'd moved out of my lane when they had moved into my lane at least twice while trying to box me in. I advised them that they were acting aggressively and I took an appropriate action. I wasn't expecting there to be a giant inferno but if they died as a result of being dicks then they only have themselves to blame.

So yeah what do you guys think? I'm claiming the moral high ground on this one. I was hoping to make it to the unmc so they could teach these numpties a lesson.

On a side note I've got nothing against North Americans coming on the server but sometimes it feels as if there exploiting the time difference to avoid the cops, (as most brits are in bed at 2am on a Thursday morning) just saying...
sounds 100% like VDM.

2.1) Vehicle Deathmatch (also known as VDM) - Using your vehicle as a weapon (e.g running people over, causing explosions, ramming, etc), will result in you receiving a ban. Three vehicles are excluded from this, MRAPS (Ifrits, Hunters and Striders) can ram other MRAPS in order to disable them, yet not to kill the passengers. This is allowed as these vehicles are the only vehicles ingame that can withstand being rammed. Please note that you need to initiate roleplay before attempting to ram an MRAP. (Please note - MRAPS don't need to be initiated on in the redzone) This is to prevent random ramming on site. (Three minutes of chasing also constitutes initiation of MRAP and MRAP ramming).

If they are driving incredibly close and are attempting to box you in that may not be your fault. That are other factors that could cause them to crash or look like you crashed into them such as de-sync. Trying to run someone off road is classed as VDM because you are using your vehicle as a weapon. But if they are driving extremely close and trying to stop you with their vehicle that might be classed as VDM too. It's a sticky situation, it's better off to show us a video.

Well I'm sorry in that case, do I just have to stop as soon as someone tries to run me off the road?

Last edited by a moderator:
as far as I'm concerned
Thing is. Rules are simple and quite clear on this. I don't understand the logic of this post. You take the time to write down a whole story asking us if we THINK you were in the right and explaining how you THINK what you did was right... While the whole matter comes down to a simple reference to the rule page, from which Zeito already copied the relevant part for your convenience.

I'd suggest taking the time to read the rules instead of asking silly questions ^^

Well I'm sorry I that case do I just have to stop as soon as someone tries to run me off the road?
Like the guy above said, it can be a close call, especially if there's a little lag or something that causes one party to run into the other. You don't have to stop, though stopping could invite some sort of roleplay. If you dont stop, best bet is to just avoid getting close and avoid ramming them.

As said, it's best to see a video of this, but if someone tries to box you in or sets up a road block and you ram your way into the vehicles or try to push them aside - it's VDM.

Well I'm sorry in that case, do I just have to stop as soon as someone tries to run me off the road?
No, you can try and keep driving, as long as you have wheels and a reasonable/realistic chance to escape ^^. Just don't ram them. if they get directly in front of you and you can't avoid it, they are in the wrong themselves tho. Army physics are just no good for road rage battles =P

1.  Video would be required to determine exactly what happened.

2.  "I tried to run the off-road off the road mad max style".  That is pretty much and admission of VDM regardless of what happened prior.

3.  If as a result of 1 it shows them using vehicles as a weapon then you have grounds to report them, what you don't have grounds for is to VDM in return.

4.  Coming the forums calling people "dicks" and "salty americans" is not a constructive way to frame your question and not acceptable in an adult community.  It could potentially be a violation of rule (12.3) Creating threads with the intention to cause issues or drama will not be tolerated and may lead to warning points or being issued a ban.

All in all not a great way to introduce yourself to the community.

Ok well I guess I've learnt my lesson. From past experience I don't stop for anyone but the cops.

It seems a bit unfair that they can wave a gun at me and try to force me off the road and I just have to except it. They should of moved out of my way when I switched lanes I wasn't really planning a collision I just didn't want them boxing me in again.

Different situations different events, so as to not get people quoting you rules directly and not helping as shown above feel free to pm me directly with any questions anytime and I will be more than happy to help if availible 

Last edited by a moderator:
1.  Video would be required to determine exactly what happened.

2.  "I tried to run the off-road off the road mad max style".  That is pretty much and admission of VDM regardless of what happened prior.

3.  If as a result of 1 it shows them using vehicles as a weapon then you have grounds to report them, what you don't have grounds for is to VDM in return.

4.  Coming the forums calling people "dicks" and "salty americans" is not a constructive way to frame your question and not acceptable in an adult community.  It could potentially be a violation of rule (12.3) Creating threads with the intention to cause issues or drama will not be tolerated and may lead to warning points or being issued a ban.

All in all not a great way to introduce yourself to the community.
I am very sorry and feel very stupid. It won't happen again.  

I am very sorry and feel very stupid. It won't happen again.  
Lesson learned, everyday is a school day. If you haven't already refreshed yourself with the rules, you should go do that.

If you have questions, you can always ask. Best to ask beforehand and know, than to plead ignorance if you break a rule and get banned for it, as the first thing you see when you login is that there's no excuse for not knowing the rules :) Any questions about them you can usually jump into the staff support channel on TS and someone will happily answer your question :)

When I am in a situation such as your own, I just make sure I stay at full speed and stay on my side of the road, if they get in front of you and brake,they're in the wrong, so just keep going foot to the floor.

I've also previously had people shouting out the window of their vehicles and telling me to pull over or they'll shoot me, may I just have some confirmation that this is against the rules?  

Back