What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

RIP Busters Computer

Busterguy

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
So last night in the early hours of the morning. My computer passed.

She has been with me for a good 3-4 years and has seen me through college and university.

last night while playing rust the computer gave a gray screen and crashed. After trying to reboot multiple times I had no luck in restarting. (No connection to any screens, would instantly turn off if you were to press the power button)

So moving on. New computer time.

my plan is to get this:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-performance-overclocked-intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-16gb-ddr4-8gb-evga-gtx-1080-sc-250gb-pcie

its an

i7 7700k

16GB ddr4

gtx 1080 evga 

250gb boot SSD

1TB HDD

£1700

now you might ask why I'm going pre built? Well with Scan they have a finance option where you just pay 10% then 9 months later you pay the rest interest free. Otherwise then you gotta pay like £60 each month for 39 months.

so what are your opinions? Or do you have any suggestions to revive my current computer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Corsair 500W CX in that build; buyer beware, that may just be about enough, but the power supply is typically for home PC's not for Gaming/Streaming/Overclocking.

Refer to this:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1431436/why-you-should-not-buy-a-corsair-cx430-500-600

AFAIK: I did hear something about the PSU's being better after releasing new models in Late 2016, BUT I would offer a word of caution and look for a build with a higher quality PSU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you at least attempt to troubleshoot your PC? You never know what might be wrong. Maybe it's just a dead PSU, RAM stick or something a like.

No point wasting so much money when it could be a simple fix. After all, that is the entire point behind using standard components - they're interchangeable.

Yh one of my friends said the same thing. If I go to order i might ring them up to change it. Or just change it myself later.
It will probably raise the price by a fair £50-£100, but its peace of mind for a build you are spending a lot of money for which will last years. Corsair's AX PSUs are usually go-to buys, especially if you want one that will last.

Why don't you at least attempt to troubleshoot your PC? You never know what might be wrong. Maybe it's just a dead PSU, RAM stick or something a like.

No point wasting so much money when it could be a simple fix. After all, that is the entire point behind using standard components - they're interchangeable.
Yh il will probs salvage some parts. But I've been wanting to get a new computer for a while now. And now seems like a perfect excuse to upgrade.

my current specs is this:

i7 3300

AMD Radeon HD 7770

16gb ram (which I installed)

128gb ssd (which I installed)

So last night in the early hours of the morning. My computer passed.

She has been with me for a good 3-4 years and has seen me through college and university.

last night while playing rust the computer gave a gray screen and crashed. After trying to reboot multiple times I had no luck in restarting. (No connection to any screens, would instantly turn off if you were to press the power button)

So moving on. New computer time.

my plan is to get this:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/3xs-performance-overclocked-intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-16gb-ddr4-8gb-evga-gtx-1080-sc-250gb-pcie

its an

i7 7700k

16GB ddr4

gtx 1080 evga 

250gb boot SSD

1TB HDD

£1700

now you might ask why I'm going pre built? Well with Scan they have a finance option where you just pay 10% then 9 months later you pay the rest interest free. Otherwise then you gotta pay like £60 each month for 39 months.

so what are your opinions? Or do you have any suggestions to revive my current computer?
I see donations incomming on vladics stream hahaha

Im so sorry to hear about your loss, i know how much she meant to you, if you ever need any support im always here bud. 

@Busterguy I think you should be thinking more into this, yes you can buy it now, but that is £2000 debt that your putting yourself into. Once your in debt it will Lome over you and always be in your mind.  Believe me. Also that is alot of money if you are working then save up and get something if you ain't Working you don't get anything is my suggestion. Just don't make a rash decision 

Dealt with Scan a few times, never had any problems with them as a retailer, very easy RMA process anytime i hada faulty component. Their 3XS systems were always heralded as great gaming computers. You shouldnt need to change anything in the build - it should be good to go as-is.

As for the finance question - you need to think about affordability, can you afford the payments? Do you have any debts that will disqualify you from finance etc? People think credit and financing is a big scary thing, but do it nearly every day with phone contracts etc. As always, if you can scrimp and save the cash and buy it outright - it's better, you'll save money on any payable interest etc.

As for the old computer - if you're dead set on buying the new one anyway, might as well see if you can revive the old one to use as a server or network storage or for a sibling, or even as practice tearing down and rebuilding machines. I'd do as suggested above and try it minus the gpu, and take out everything that isnt 100% essential. Try it with just the motherboard, CPU and RAM, and a screen plugged into onboard gfx if there is any and see if it boots!

Back