What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Streaming PC audio splitting help

Kech

The King
Got a 2nd PC for streaming only also have a 6-channel 2-bus audio mixer (not USB).

What I want to do is on the streaming PC have only my Mic and Ingame audio being heard in the stream and have ingame and teamspeak from my gaming PC to come through my headset.

Now can this all be separated within the mixer? or am I asking for a mixer that can split output? 

i'm pretty sure this is a really easy thing to do and probs just being dumb but for the life of me cant figure it out if its possible, anyone with some experiance with this would be great, either message me here or on TS. (probs easier to use TS) 

giphy.gif

I think I recall JackFrags making a video about streaming using a second PC, in which he mentioned split audio and playback. Search for it on YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember @Vladic Ka doing something with his sound splitting, maybe if it is the case he will be able to help you.

I used voicemeeter banana to output to two headsets. I am rubbish with sound tbh.

Yer Ill have a look, someone on reddit said something about using AUX channel to isolate TS into just there headphones, ill try having a word with vladic (if hes about) to see what process he has used 

I'm afraid I have no idea really when it comes to sound-mixing, though i don't understand using a 2nd pc - could this not be accomplished by your streaming software?

I'm afraid I have no idea really when it comes to sound-mixing, though i don't understand using a 2nd pc - could this not be accomplished by your streaming software?
Nope, having a 2nd PC soloy for streaming frees up enormous resources, plus with my current build I would have to upgrade to be able to stream and play with little performance issues, roughly £600 in upgrades. 

Building this 2nd for me is a lot cheaper (mainly being as I already have most of the components) roughly to build cost around £150.

this is why I have a 2nd PC designed for this.

Nope, having a 2nd PC soloy for streaming frees up enormous resources, plus with my current build I would have to upgrade to be able to stream and play with little performance issues, roughly £600 in upgrades. 

Building this 2nd for me is a lot cheaper (mainly being as I already have most of the components) roughly to build cost around £150.

this is why I have a 2nd PC designed for this.
Ok sure, so what are you actually using for streaming software wise? There are a multitude of guides out there for 2-pc streaming setups using capture cards, without capture cards, but it varies depending on:

• Your streaming software
  • Where you're streaming to
  • Are you planning to use a Capture Card
This twitch article gives a basic setup with a cap card https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1988680-broadcasting-with-two-computers

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a video of a guy setting one up with a similar model of mixer to yours. Perhaps it'll be of help.

Just now, Zeito said:

Ok sure, so what are you actually using for streaming software wise? There are a multitude of guides out there for 2-pc streaming setups using capture cards, without capture cards, but it varies depending on:

• Your streaming software
  • Where you're streaming to
  • Are you planning to use a Capture Card
This twitch article gives a basic setup with a cap card https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1988680-broadcasting-with-two-computers

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
oh my bad, I have a capture card (Elgato HD60 PRO), the software will be OBS.

The video feed is not the issue its a very simple setup so shouldn't have an issue with that.

The current issue is with the audio is isolating teamspeak to only output to my headset rather than be broadcast with the rest of the audio, thanks for the video I think I've seen this one before, have a rough idea that I might be missing something but its gonna be a case of trial and error once all the parts arrive.

A fix for this is if I can block the TS feed on my 2nd PC without blocking the other audio 

Back