What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Changing weapon "meta" of the server

angellfall

I'm not posting this under suggestions as idea of the post is to just light some discussion, if people would like the weapon meta to be changed or not.

So currently the weapon "meta" is the same as it has been for really long time. 6.5 and 7.62 weapons dominate streets. However this leaves alot really cool arma 3 weapons un-used. There is plenty of SMG's and even the 5.56 weapons what play really nicely. However ofcourse issue is that if everyone else is rolling with 6.5 or 7.62, you will be just outgunned way too heavily if you are using SMG. Current prizing of weapons does not encourage wider range of weapons to be used. And this is the point where I would like to spark some discussion.

Current weapon prizepoints are made so, that 6.5 and 7.62 weapons are something what any normal rebel afford after one suggesfull run. Even tho the prizes are somewhat more what em used to be, they are still kinda too low and atleast in my opinion it kills the variety of weapons used on the server. What if we would be more supportive towards SMG's and 5.56 weaponry. By doing this player would feel more rewarded when he would get a 6.5 katiba or even mxm on his/hers hands, and we have not even gotten into the hard hitting guns like 7.62's, or mk200 etc. Also thisway the cargo drops would become more "valued" targets as obviously they would be dropping more heavy weaponry compared the normal street standards, making rebels (and police alike) have contained firefights inside given zone where all parties involved know that getting the loot would have impact with more ways than just saving the money not having to buy same guns. Another avenue would also be that some weapons what we dont currently have ingame could then be also taken in with really ridiculously high prizetags.

Also another not to say issue, but somewhat my own personal annoyance is silencers and 4x+ scopes. Personally I think scopes and silencers would be just perfect rewards for players completing something. For example silencer provides alot utility in a firefight and somewhat I do personally think the firefights would be alot more cool if you would hear the weapon sounds and the firefight raging around you. Long range scopes compined with silencers then cause the annoyance. I dont think there is nothing as cool in arma when you are chatting with a guy and bullet hits his head blowing it up, and after a second you hear a massive *boom* from a hilltop nearby. Im somewhat aware that devs are making somekind of missions, what if these kind of "specop" items would be more of reward from daily missions etc.

Please share your ideas if a change would be good and what you would like the change to be, obviously it does not have to be something what I was talking about. Or if you like the way it is just now, what is it what you are so keen about the current weapon "meta". Also add into discussion the negative sides what this kind implementation would bring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normal Loadouts already cost us about 500k for 6.5mm (with suppressor) 

I do agree that SMG's and 5.56 are left out but they also are not the best weapons for longer ranges and everything would just get into CQC fights.

I personally feel the prices are fine how they are and should not get any higher.

I agree with the cargo drops getting more valuable by doing this and getting kills with a 5.56 or 6.5 will be more rewarding but by paying the price of upping the weapon prices that's a no for me.

I do understand it would be more of a fair fight between cops and rebels but at the end of the day cops get free gear and we don't. Also gets really repetetive doing runs so people with less money need to do more runs and pay higher prices.

Just my opinion :)

Normal Loadouts already cost us about 500k for 6.5mm (with suppressor) 

I do agree that SMG's and 5.56 are left out but they also are not the best weapons for longer ranges and everything would just get into CQC fights.

I personally feel the prices are fine how they are and should not get any higher.

I agree with the cargo drops getting more valuable by doing this and getting kills with a 5.56 or 6.5 will be more rewarding but by paying the price of upping the weapon prices that's a no for me.

I do understand it would be more of a fair fight between cops and rebels but at the end of the day cops get free gear and we don't. Also gets really repetetive doing runs so people with less money need to do more runs and pay higher prices.

Just my opinion :)
Idea definetely is not to raise the prize of the standard gear what rebels have with them but to swift the balance from normal kit what currently is example carrier rig helmet and mxm kahlia to lighter vest and lets say spar 16 rco. Thisway if you wanna really gear up for a special ocasion lets say for a bank op you would spend more for the better gear but you would know that the money would actually have more effect. Also thisway if you would be rolling out with mk200 it would be just havoc for normal SMG's and 5.56, it would be rare, but more epic.

I do understand it would be more of a fair fight between cops and rebels but at the end of the day cops get free gear and we don't.

I'm just a bit tired of people claiming that police get's free gear. And I really wanna clarify this. I do not have access to Main Police PNC, so let's talk about this on a Constabulary scale - Let's take Kavala for example.

Currently, we have 67% of our officer on PC and SPC ranks.

Standard Patrol equipment of our officer goes as follows

• MK20C [PC], MK20LR [SPC] - Both caliber 5.56mm
  • Taser
  • RCO scope
  • Black Police Uniform
  • Police vest [No ballistic protection]
  • Beret
Vehicles - SUV

Is this a gear you would choose as a rebel? What if you find yourself responding to a robbery and you have 15 armed rebels all with 7.62mm... Maybe this gear is free, but unless you are experienced and manage to outnumber or outsmart your rival it won't give you any advantage whatsoever. Trust me, I'm confident to say that majority of the police force would prefer to actually be able to pay for better equipment and weaponry then getting this for free. 

Would you personally be happy to use this equipment on daily basis?

I agree with @angellfall that 7.62 calibre weapons will most likely make you prevail in most gunfights with anyone, and should be treated as more of an End-game item. For example, a special license would be required or it would be only obtainable from cargo drops but in bigger volumes. 

I understand the rebel side of this, however, if rebels were some people were to just put weapons in their backpacks, or not carry them on the public, it would eliminate a big amount of unnecessary gunfights - as there would be no advantage on either side. 

I don't mind 4x scopes as that gives at least some advantage to rebels, but the removal of silencers would be an interesting change and could offer better immersion to all sides.

+1

I'm not sure how making rebels do more grinding would help anything. They would just be less likely to hand over their guns when arrested, and more likely to rob officers for their guns. When there are gunfights that last for hours, it can cost each rebel millions while the police can come back for free.

If you think rebels should spend all their time grinding, just to be stuck with sub-par weapons then the server will end up dying. No one want to spend all their time doing runs back and forth just to get an officer trying to take their gun away. That's not fun. Whether you approve of rebel roleplay or not, without it being police would not be any fun either.

People don't backpack them because you end up forgetting to take them back out before you log out, and then loose all your attachments. If the server properly was able to properly save weapons stored in you backpack then I'm sure a lot more rebels would backpack them when they could.

If you think a guns price should be changed then say which gun, and what you think the new price should be.

I'm not sure how making rebels do more grinding would help anything. They would just be less likely to hand over their guns when arrested, and more likely to rob officers for their guns. When there are gunfights that last for hours, it can cost each rebel millions while the police can come back for free.

If you think rebels should spend all their time grinding, just to be stuck with sub-par weapons then the server will end up dying. No one want to spend all their time doing runs back and forth just to get an officer trying to take their gun away. That's not fun. Whether you approve of rebel roleplay or not, without it being police would not be any fun either.

People don't backpack them because you end up forgetting to take them back out before you log out, and then loose all your attachments. If the server properly was able to properly save weapons stored in you backpack then I'm sure a lot more rebels would backpack them when they could.

If you think a guns price should be changed then say which gun, and what you think the new price should be.
How do you think it would end into rebels having to do more grinding? I think what happened with dodgy daves was just what was expected that the high end guns became more harder to optain as the prizepoint of weapons what most rebels are more keen optaining is lower than the ones in advanced weapon shop. I would expect the outcome to be just as the same. Now most people are rolling with katibas and mx mxm variants. If weaponprizes above 6.5mm would be beefed most of the rebels would be then be running more with 5.56 and smg variants. Therefore weapons you would generally buy would not be sub-bar as everyone else would be running with the samekind smg/5.56 setup. 

Cop weaponry is not realy valid point on this discussion as it is easily to be altered like it was at tanoa. In tanoa most rebels where utilizing smg's and cops had samekind of layout. 

Lower caliber weapons also add more gameplay effects to the ballistic vests where it is really hard to penetrate with smg or 5.56 so having carrier rig would actually have better gameplay impact. We could even play with an idea that the most common vest used would be the raven vest or the light carrier rig. Better armour would have to be hand made etc to be more harder to obtain.

Point is not to be trowing around numbers how much a weapon would be worth but to have more round conversation around the subject. What positive or negative sides it would bring.

Ok, ill gladly use a Spar-16 but the problem is that id have to rob a SGT+ with a Spar-16 and that is a lot of hassle just to get a rifle when i can just buy one in my gangbase. I'd love to get a Spar-16 but the reason that i refrain going for the spar-16 is due to if i get in a fight with UNMC / AR or even some higher level gangs i want to be able to have a weapon that actually can hit on quite far range like eventually 600m+ and even actually kill them, that is why i usually tend to go for either 6.5 and 7.62. Add Spar-16 or finding other fixes like that.

I'm just a bit tired of people claiming that police get's free gear. And I really wanna clarify this. I do not have access to Main Police PNC, so let's talk about this on a Constabulary scale - Let's take Kavala for example.

Currently, we have 67% of our officer on PC and SPC ranks.

Standard Patrol equipment of our officer goes as follows

• Taser
  • RCO scope
  • Black Police Uniform
  • Beret
Vehicles - SUV

Is this a gear you would choose as a rebel? What if you find yourself responding to a robbery and you have 15 armed rebels all with 7.62mm... Maybe this gear is free, but unless you are experienced and manage to outnumber or outsmart your rival it won't give you any advantage whatsoever. Trust me, I'm confident to say that majority of the police force would prefer to actually be able to pay for better equipment and weaponry then getting this for free. 

Would you personally be happy to use this equipment on daily basis?

I agree with @angellfall that 7.62 calibre weapons will most likely make you prevail in most gunfights with anyone, and should be treated as more of an End-game item. For example, a special license would be required or it would be only obtainable from cargo drops but in bigger volumes. 

I understand the rebel side of this, however, if rebels were some people were to just put weapons in their backpacks, or not carry them on the public, it would eliminate a big amount of unnecessary gunfights - as there would be no advantage on either side. 

I don't mind 4x scopes as that gives at least some advantage to rebels, but the removal of silencers would be an interesting change and could offer better immersion to all sides.

+1
I'd gladly take a one shot rifle

but at the end of the day cops get free gear
Correct.
Give this man a biscuit.
_89046968_89046967.jpg

I'd gladly take a one shot rifle
I'm talking usage with lethal ammunition, the fact that some people abuse rubber bullets (1 shot as you say) is a different story which has nothing to do with actual equipment :) but let's stay on topic here and discuss angelfalls opinion, not my comment. We can have this conversation elsewhere <3

• Taser
  • RCO scope
  • Black Police Uniform
  • Beret
Vehicles - SUV

For free? I would gladly take this as my loadout if I could have it whenever I wanted to; also your vest has level 2 armour I'm pretty sure, which does have ballistic protection. Mk20 is pretty awesome, especially with a free suppressor.

For free? I would gladly take this as my loadout if I could have it whenever I wanted to; also your vest has level 2 armour I'm pretty sure, which does have ballistic protection. Mk20 is pretty awesome, especially with a free suppressor.
You are absolutely right, I've made a mistake there. - Vest actually is LVL 2 Armour, my bad

Im going to be blunt with you here. You are police; you get your gear for free. You want better guns? Get into AR or NCA.

We spent 500k-1million per loadout.

The only change i'd like to see is the removal of suppressors from the server. would love to see more actual gunfights close quarters rather than someone sniping 1.6clicks out. It's boring, static dull gameplay in my own opinion. 

Heres my suggestion, rebels get rubber bullets for the protector, vermin and 5.56's. If you're actually wanting to see more variation on the server, then why not?

[SIZE=inherit]We spent 500k-1million [/SIZE]per loadout[SIZE=inherit].[/SIZE]
The fuck? Do you buy a rebel license per loadout? Or do buy the golden AK perhaps. 

You're getting ripped off mate. 

On topic, I like this suggestion and I have a dream that altis will be like tanoa when it was around. You'd be a badass if you had a protector. 

The fuck? Do you buy a rebel license per loadout? Or do buy the golden AK perhaps. 

You're getting ripped off mate. 

On topic, I like this suggestion and I have a dream that altis will be like tanoa when it was around. You'd be a badass if you had a protector. 
mk1 - 480k

20 7.62 mags - 100k

1 7.62 silencer - 160k

Then I've got to buy the clothing, scopes, bipod, and the other mics which add up to another 100-200k.

I am indeed getting ripped off, Dodgy Dave has crazy prices

Last edited:
mk1 - 480k

20 7.62 mags - 100k

1 7.62 silencer - 160k

Then I've got to buy the clothing, scopes, bipod, and the other mics which add up to another 100-200k.

I am indeed getting ripped off, Dodgy Dave has crazy prices
there is the trusty trg-21 50k+3.5k+30k in gear+20 mags =150k tops +rob a police suppresor easy life

mk1 - 480k

20 7.62 mags - 100k

1 7.62 silencer - 160k

740k* but still point being you choose to get that load out. No one forced you too. We are forced to have a shitty MK20c. 

I'd happily pay 800k for a police mk1 loadout. 

740k* but still point being you choose to get that load out. No one forced you too. We are forced to have a shitty MK20c. 

you said that he is wasting his money by buying these things but you buy them too...

im not saying anyone forced me it. You're saying rebel life is cheap. It's not.

I'd love to have the mk20c, one shot gun? Who would turn that down? I'd be more than happy to take that over a mk1 any day.

On the note of you buying able to buy a mk1 loadout. Personally, I really wouldn't mind if that was a thing where cops could buy better gear with their own money; it really wouldn't fuss me. My only concern would be that people who get the gear for free would give it to their buddies who 'paid' for it, if you catch my drift. As long as something where inplace where that wouldn't happen (server rule wise) I would be more than happy.

Back