What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

If people could stop

Lemmen

I like boats
could rebels please stop waving their guns around kavala like dicks and when confronted "if you touch me you'll get shot" it's taking the piss and should go under the baiting rule

(3.7) Baiting - Baiting for the sake of a gunfight is not roleplay. Punishment is a ban. Examples: Flying over someone with a chopper waiting for warning shots to instantly shoot them back, robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, etc.

People didn't use to do this before the whole playing the rules rather than game mentality came around, they were actually scared of losing their guns, now you can shoot your way out ezpz

I can understand what you man when some rebels would rather a gun fight then to talk things through but at the same time they dont want their gats taken of them, like seariously sometimes them turning things into a gunfight is there only option when the cop completely blocks out there RP with a weapon.
I mean some of the rebels/HOBOS with less money do not want their weapon taken of them that they have spent a lot of IRL time doiG runs for.

As for me im not really bothered about actually losing my gun but, I wont let the police take it off me.

I can understand what you man when some rebels would rather a gun fight then to talk things through but at the same time they dont want their gats taken of them, like seariously sometimes them turning things into a gunfight is there only option when the cop completely blocks out there RP with a weapon.
I mean some of the rebels/HOBOS with less money do not want their weapon taken of them that they have spent a lot of IRL time doiG runs for.

As for me im not really bothered about actually losing my gun but, I wont let the police take it off me.

But, what would you be expecting, there's gonna happen if you run around with an assault rifle in a big city with alot of civillians? In real life armed response would get called in for a pistol in plain view, like, then hide away your firearm, then police can't take it from you.

But, what would you be expecting, there's gonna happen if you run around with an assault rifle in a big city with alot of civillians? In real life armed response would get called in for a pistol in plain view, like, then hide away your fir
Yep, mine is either on my back or in my bag depending if it fits or not, Ill normally just hide from the police If i really need to but normally its fine, I can use my words to prevent firearm confiscation hehe

Yep, mine is either on my back or in my bag depending if it fits or not, Ill normally just hide from the police If i really need to but normally its fine, I can use my words to prevent firearm confiscation hehe
That's the whole issue, having a firearm on your back is having a firearm visibly in public no matter what, and the police have to deal with that. also for newer players seeing rebels walking around guns everywhere isn't exactly a great first impression in my opinion.

Ye and totally agree with this. Therefore there should be somekind of system what would punish further people not complying police or way to police to reward people who do comply. As not its easier for rebel to just go into a gunfight as sometimes it is just give the gun or fight. The weapon would not be worth risking your life, but rarely do rebels mimic value of life in gameplay. Therefore I do think gameplay mechanic would be good on its place right there. Dunno if in future the tanoa leveling system will be applied. M8by giving gun to police would give you XP or something and later benefit you somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, certain guns cant be backpacked, and running round in kavala with a backpacked gun is a robbery waiting to happen. 

I completely agree, im doing it aswell as everyone else.

When i first started here and was buying guns and had roughly 1 mil or so i was so scared of losing my shit even though it was always trg's and shit.

But now everyone is running around with there guns out and police dont even care now they just ignore the fact you have a gun just because they cant be bothered with bullshit.

That's the whole issue, having a firearm on your back is having a firearm visibly in public no matter what, and the police have to deal with that. also for newer players seeing rebels walking around guns everywhere isn't exactly a great first impression in my opinion.
You don't HAVE to deal with it. From my experience, most of the time rebels running with guns are just going to a garage so they can get a car out. Lots of rifles not being able to be backpacked, combined with the fact that if you backpack a rifle and forget to take it out before logging off means you loose all the attachments, it's not feasible to expect everyone to hide their guns. You can loose 150k+ if you forget to remove your fully kitted out gun from your backpack before logging off. Even if you just loose your regular 3.5k scope, that still means you have to go and re-gear unless you enjoy your iron-sights. Sure you could then make the argument of removing the attachments before backpacking it, but frankly doing that every time you think there are cops nearby simply isn't worth it.

I completely agree, im doing it aswell as everyone else.

When i first started here and was buying guns and had roughly 1 mil or so i was so scared of losing my shit even though it was always trg's and shit.

But now everyone is running around with there guns out and police dont even care now they just ignore the fact you have a gun just because they cant be bothered with bullshit.
We do care, however it is very hard for use to take guns of a large group of people as it will most likely turn into a gunfight and when there are little units on it makes it even harder. We have to access every situation and see how likely it is that we come out successful and if it seems really unlikely then there is no point trying as we will probably all get killed. 

I completly agree with this. 

I am a rebel and i will protect my values or my friends when in need. But i will always try to keep my gun away from cops so that they can focus on whatever they are doing. 

I always urge my fellow gangmembers to keep it hidden until needed and i will keep doing that. Unfortunately im not always on to "enforce" this. 

+1

Police. Be stricter 

I don't mean to come across as an 'older member' that is like the ancient family member that's always like "back in my day we didn't have phones we had trees and cow shit for fun!" but I will probably be percieved in that way.

Way back when, your average Joe didn't really walk around with his/her's big ass illegal rifle on their back in places like Kavala, Agios, Athira or even the Airport. They had a sort of mutual respect with the police and quite often would do their best to hide it (their gun). If they got caught, 5/10 times they've hand it over, get let off with a ticket and go get a new one. Wasn't that big of a deal and they knew it their fault for not complying.

Nowadays, rebels are much much much more  confident when it comes to breaking the law in this manner and will quite happily walk around in groups with their rifles out in the open (for no reason other than they cba to backpack it/want to look like big man!). It's not like they're the TRG hobo-rebel hybrid that just got the license either.. I get that some scenario's it's almost fair game to have it out and flaunt it, but in the majority it's just begging for trouble.

We seem to be more in the mindset that just because the UNMC and police are allowed to brandish their firearm's, the civilian faction should be allowed too. I don't know if this is due to the police being 'worse' in combat, being feared less, rebels outright getting cockier and feeling they have the RIGHT to brandish their guns or quite what. It's just not how it should be and by that I also mean how it used to be.

A lot of the time it comes down the police officers attitude when dealing with this kind of situation.

Even when UNMC & Police had a peace accord you would still get ballsy police especially AR/NCA coming up like billy big bollocks and demanding things.

Example 1

Police roll up, right UNMC hand over your fucking weapons or you will be tazed/shot/arrested etc - Response: Yeah right you touch me or shoot me you know the consequences.

Example 2

Hello guys, would you minding hiding your weapons please, we have had calls from scared citizens about UNMC with big guns - Response Not a problem officer, *puts gun away*

Obviously it's not as clear as that but I personally will not tolerate anyone be it rebel or police demand i do something *OR ELSE*

These days there sadly is no real gangs like back in the day with the likes of TI/TKC/EXP/GC/PLF etc etc etc, it really is just hobo gangs with no respect for the police and in before UNMC have no respect for the police, WE do have respect for them and just because we are in conflict doesn't mean we will at some point go back to being peaceful with them, after all the police ARE essential to our end goals.

A lot of the time it comes down the police officers attitude when dealing with this kind of situation.

Even when UNMC & Police had a peace accord you would still get ballsy police especially AR/NCA coming up like billy big bollocks and demanding things.

Example 1

Police roll up, right UNMC hand over your fucking weapons or you will be tazed/shot/arrested etc - Response: Yeah right you touch me or shoot me you know the consequences.

Example 2

Hello guys, would you minding hiding your weapons please, we have had calls from scared citizens about UNMC with big guns - Response Not a problem officer, *puts gun away*

Obviously it's not as clear as that but I personally will not tolerate anyone be it rebel or police demand i do something *OR ELSE*

These days there sadly is no real gangs like back in the day with the likes of TI/TKC/EXP/GC/PLF etc etc etc, it really is just hobo gangs with no respect for the police and in before UNMC have no respect for the police, WE do have respect for them and just because we are in conflict doesn't mean we will at some point go back to being peaceful with them, after all the police ARE essential to our end goals.
I agree with this, some officers don't know how to compromise and feel like they must take the weapon in every situation, which then leads to huge gunfights.

I don't mean to come across as an 'older member' that is like the ancient family member that's always like "back in my day we didn't have phones we had trees and cow shit for fun!" but I will probably be percieved in that way.

Way back when, your average Joe didn't really walk around with his/her's big ass illegal rifle on their back in places like Kavala, Agios, Athira or even the Airport. They had a sort of mutual respect with the police and quite often would do their best to hide it (their gun). If they got caught, 5/10 times they've hand it over, get let off with a ticket and go get a new one. Wasn't that big of a deal and they knew it their fault for not complying.

Nowadays, rebels are much much much more  confident when it comes to breaking the law in this manner and will quite happily walk around in groups with their rifles out in the open (for no reason other than they cba to backpack it/want to look like big man!). It's not like they're the TRG hobo-rebel hybrid that just got the license either.. I get that some scenario's it's almost fair game to have it out and flaunt it, but in the majority it's just begging for trouble.

We seem to be more in the mindset that just because the UNMC and police are allowed to brandish their firearm's, the civilian faction should be allowed too. I don't know if this is due to the police being 'worse' in combat, being feared less, rebels outright getting cockier and feeling they have the RIGHT to brandish their guns or quite what. It's just not how it should be and by that I also mean how it used to be.
I do remember that before I joined the police almost 1.5years ago it was alot different. Police was the last people you would want to piss off. You went speeding past police car and they would follow you to the end of the earth to get you if you where wanted. Have a rifle in your hands and 3 more cars show up. Shoot that gun and get apsolutelly stomped by 40 officers slapping your face.

Somewhat I do think that if we go year back if there where a gunfight and you would stay and circle around the area with your car, you would be just shot dead after a while. Hobos in a gunfight where not a thing, as people pretty much just slaughtered hobos running about. 

Much where different.

I am 100% agreeing there should be some kind of system or to change the economy as to many people are wondering the streets with rather large rifles "showing them off" to new players and many other people!

I am 100% agreeing there should be some kind of system or to change the economy as to many people are wondering the streets with rather large rifles "showing them off" to new players and many other people!
There might be multible things around the fact why rebels walk around with their guns. But I would expect alot to be from deterrent side of police. It is hard for normal police patrols to deal with rebels when 9/10 times when they walk in kavala its going to go south.

However I somewhat do think that the issue is internal police issue and police is just giving way too much slack to rebels walking around with guns. Then again I do think that having some information shared to rebels from police would be peneficial. Lets say if we double the amount we go after guns in kavala, it would roughly double the gunfights. Obviously at this point if the rebels are not aware that police is targeting people at kavala with guns more, they would just go mad. However thinking it also from another angle it is usually the rebels choise to go and have a gunfight and usually when they do have that fight it ends up rebels loosing alot more gameplay vise (obviously because police does not pay for the gear). So we might also be in need to thing something else gameplay vise adding more into the experience of just giving ur weapon away and making it good 50%50% beneficial choise for the rebel.

Back