What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Could u up the ping limit to 300

HeadShot808

Hello today i could not join the server because i have 245 ping. and all my american friends cant join either like 2 out of 6 can join and those 2 live in east coast. Us farther away cant join the server and i would really like to play on a good rp server. So could u try fix the problem

Hello today i could not join the server because i have 245 ping. and all my american friends cant join either like 2 out of 6 can join and those 2 live in east coast. Us farther away cant join the server and i would really like to play on a good rp server. So could u try fix the problem
It's our problem too! +1

It's not a 'problem' to be honest. The ping limit is there to ensure a evenly fair experience for all players can be had, instead of a more unstable server with players and higher ping flying around 

for those affected, im sure the ping limit is annoying, its not arma server, so its not like ping is crucial, its for roleplay, so 300ms shouldnt make much difference.

i hope they increase the ping ceiling for you guys!

ive had jumping cars etc with players within the ping limit so thats not gona stop haha

Have you tried server 2?
Yep Same Thing

It's not a 'problem' to be honest. The ping limit is there to ensure a evenly fair experience for all players can be had, instead of a more unstable server with players and higher ping flying around 
It would not make that big of a difference. when i used to have 434 ping and i joined i was fine people saw me as normal not teleporting around. i think you should raise the cap

it's more about desync, not ping. having a higher ping doesn't make a big difference. 

we're talking about people having around 300ms ping not having +1000ping

+1HeadShot it's my friend now we can't pkay together anymore, he had no problem he was moving normal and had no lag... increase the limit

Increasing the ping limit reduces the stability of the server. Trust me lads, I remember when the ping cap was higher, maybe there wasn't even one. You'd look at a hill and see an enemy and then bam, he's rubber bands through the hill and enjoy up directly behind you. Server 2 has a higher ping cap, however it is not always online and tends to have a lower player count.

LISTEN, we are not asking for the ping to be set to 1000 JUST 250 or 300. And for server 2, yes it works but the main issue for bad ping is different places around the world [ mainly US ] When most US players can play and are home from work/school server 2 is about to be shut down. The only people who dont agree are people who dont have this issue, if you had this issue you would be bitching to. I know almost 100% 250-300 ping WONT matter that much compared to 200. We are not asking for 500+ ping, just bloody 250-300. Now i have brought this up with staff before and they gave me this answer  " Well if we raise it 50 maybe in a week someone will say just 50 more and it wont matter, then 50 more eventually bringing ping to high." Now if you raise it 50-100 ping making it 250-300 people may want it raised even more but here is the solution - say no. Now you may be thinking why don't they just say no to this ping raise? Well it would allow A LOT more people be able to connect and play from the US or people with just bad internet. I know my ping is generally 220 on RPUK, 50 or 100 would let me play along with many other people. Some people may have issues but there isnt much more that could be a resolution while having the experience being good. This is my opinion and i hope the ping gets raised, for the people who dont have this problem atleast think how it would piss you off not being able to play a server that you love.

I will speak on behalf of the middle east and i get around 90 ping, perfectly fine.. call up your ISP and tell em to change your lines or come to your box and fix it up.

I will speak on behalf of the middle east and i get around 90 ping, perfectly fine.. call up your ISP and tell em to change your lines or come to your box and fix it up.
This problem is not only about middle east it's about all of the players from USA 'west coast' and some other players that have a bit higher ping than the ping limit. it's not good for the server population as well because there are more than +20 players having this problem and upping the ping limit a bit is not a big deal either for admins and players

exactly im from the West Coast in US. I have GREAT internet but bad ping based off location.. 

I'm from South Africa and I was playing on the server a few days ago fine with 200 Ping and my general ping is 180-170 on the server and I haven't had any issues with people rubber banding or teleporting and I didn't really have a problem why change it so all of a sudden I really did enjoy playing on the server and by the time server 2 comes up I'll have to wait at least 6-8 hours or sometimes longer and I really do not want to be waiting that long just to play with friends.I really do enjoy the servers features and the abilities you have in this server it is original compared to other servers and I would not mind investing more time in this server but only if the ping limit would be changed or brought up to like 200-250, thanks anyways in advance for giving me such a nice server to play on :)

I'm from South Africa and I was playing on the server a few days ago fine with 200 Ping and my general ping is 180-170 on the server and I haven't had any issues with people rubber banding or teleporting and I didn't really have a problem why change it so all of a sudden I really did enjoy playing on the server and by the time server 2 comes up I'll have to wait at least 6-8 hours or sometimes longer and I really do not want to be waiting that long just to play with friends.I really do enjoy the servers features and the abilities you have in this server it is original compared to other servers and I would not mind investing more time in this server but only if the ping limit would be changed or brought up to like 200-250, thanks anyways in advance for giving me such a nice server to play on :)
so true, i have never seen anyone rubber banding at all unless they lose connection. Never seen anyone rubber band on S1 And S2 for a long time.

Back