What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Please help.

Romly

s some of you know from my last post about the tea catastrophe, most of my stuff is fucked. For some of my stuff there's no hope but some of it I've taken apart and cleaned. I've manage to get my PC to turn on but it's behaving like I don't have a graphics card.

Not sure why. No the card wasn't drenched in tea. I've had this issue before and all I did was unplug and re plug the HDMI cable into a different port and it worked strangely. It did get work except this time the screen is too zoomed in.

Even when I go into the settings I'm already recommended but the screen is too zoomed in. I've done lots of trial and error and no setting fits the screen. I play on a TV monitor not a PC monitor, so I went and nicked my family PC monitor hoping it would work and still no hope. The screen was the right size but the graphics card stopped working.

Someone please help, I'm very bored and tired of trying to fix this.

So just to clarify, an input is displayed on screen without the graphics card correct?

either the gpu is wrecked or the mobo is wrecked and cant communicate with it properly over pci-e.

You really need to connect the GPU to another machines mobo and test weather it works or not. You could possibly try another slot on your mobo. Out of curiosity - if you open device manager and look through there, how many devices are missing or have little yellow ! marks beside them? IDeally your mobo is broken as they're a lot cheaper to replace.

Also, you might find this is covered under your home insurance if you have it. In which case ring them up and see your options.

Back