What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Please guide me with a rule

Blanco Bullet

Could someone please advise me regarding the combat log rule , I had a situation where i was purchasing a pistol from a player for 30k i handed over 35k just to be grateful and he logged before dropping pistol , now im not bothered about the money and i dont care aobut the pistol its more the fact that the player in question thought it is ok to leave mid RP and didnt do anything wrong when i tried to talk to him . So my question is am i right in thinking this was combat logging mid roleplay . Thank you

I would say this is somewhere in borderline more information about this situation would be good to make it clear to us to say.
but logging out during any form of RP can be considered as Combat logging or poor role play

From what you have told it seems to me that the player in question did indeed do something wrong, you were doing a trade and he logged out in order to save his equipment. 

I'll quote you the rule here:

(2.5) Combat logging at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained (Punishment is a ban, which may be permanent. *) *Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes thats how i take the rule too , i have tried contacting him to explain this but he seems he did nothing wrong or even accept how i am perceiving it , I dont want the player banned or anything its just annoying when you try to follow rules and others dont , i  just would like for him too accept that was poor RP i mean he could of just robbed me instead lol if he has not responded in hour i shall make a report for poor RP at least. 

Yes thats how i take the rule too , i have tried contacting him to explain this but he seems he did nothing wrong or even accept how i am perceiving it , I dont want the player banned or anything its just annoying when you try to follow rules and others dont , i  just would like for him too accept that was poor RP i mean he could of just robbed me instead lol if he has not responded in hour i shall make a report for poor RP at least. 
You have good intentions to try to contact this guy and teach him what he did wrong, at this point if he is not listening you, bring someone from staff team to talk to him if thats not enough feel free to bring your evidence about this situation pref. video and report him.
End of the day it is you to decide do you want to keep resolving situation or to report him.

Edited* Yes he did combat log, and fail RP...To disconnect in order to avoid further RP. It would of been completely fine for him to just RP that he robbed you, however by disconnecting he intentionally avoided roleplay after engaging in to a roleplay situation. Even though you lost your money, rest assured that you have to wait 20 seconds before disconnecting to ensure that your gear is saved after syncing, so the guy probably didn't get the money anyway if he disconnected immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back