What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Police Split

Vladic Ka

Angry Jock
Management
Ok with the new metagaming rules in place we have a problem with police splits across the servers. It used to be that police could simply be asked to switch servers and was normally done via a staff message in TS but obviously before we start doing this again I want to know your, the communities, thoughts on it?

Edit: The way forward on this would be not to ask people to change server but to ask anyone logging in to pick the server with the lower number of police.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be done as normal again i see no problem

I see no problem in it at all, provided the message comes from staff/management as we are neutral parties. We are not asking people to sway the events that are happening in-game, merely asking that the main whitelisted faction that has the greatest effect on the server be adequately present so that civilians have a more balanced and 'Server one' like experience.

+1 from me.

+1 It would mean that server 2 is not just a place flooded with rebels and is not just a place for gangs to go to rob hobos when police isn't on.

I don't even think this rule would be in effect for balancing out police on the server anyways?
It's a whitelisted faction that serves a huge purpose on the servers. The balance of police on two servers would be in no way considered metagaming.
It's only in place to stop server hops because of (big) events that can be swayed by reinforcements, (dependant of the sitaution ofcourse, could be something intirely different).
Populating a low server to balance out the police over two servers is as I see it, common sense and nescesairy.

So not sure what changed for police after this rule got in place but it should be still the same, as populating a server to balance out the police is in no way metagaming...

+1 for the forward thing, but if there aren't many police coming online and there is a low server, I feel like the police online can hop serversas well, as long as they don't log off while there is HM or whatever is going on.

The new rule has made my self allocated task of keeping server 2 covered by cops even harder...

I'd love to be able to get people over there again when there are 10-20 armed rebels thinking they're hard knocking about in Kavala against 4 PCSO's.

+1

Maybe allow police to ask for others to come on server 2 however place a rule stating that they are not allowed to enter any ongoing situation for the first 15 minutes of logging in?

I feel like the police online can hop serversas well, as long as they don't log off while there is HM or whatever is going on.
This is the bit that I have an issue with as no they shouldnt be switching servers as per this rule:

(2.11) Teleporting, Once you have spawned in you are unable to respawn unless you have been killed or are stuck in a position due to a bug (please take screenshots), For example you cannot respawn to get to another location quicker - Punishment is a ban.

Switching servers is essentially teleporting.

Been patrolling server 1 for a while before and usually just get irritated by the mass kicks so i tend to just divert the patrol to server 2. Simply because the patrol is not steady and just a bit boring because of the lag. I dont see an issue with Patrols leaving to go to server 2. I can say from experience from being a cop for around a year, I have never experienced mass patrol hops to other servers even when server 3 was up.

I think that like most rules, common sense should be applied and if it is blatant hop on / switching servers due to wanting to respond to a gunfight etc fair enough. But as i see it, when most people join a channel and join the server, no usually have no blinking idea of current operations and simply want to have fun and get on with it. 

Currently i think that most people nowadays have forgotten about the fun RP and random shit that used to occur "Back in the day" and just want to "Rule-Play". Anyways, i still have a blast. Should you get banned for switching servers looking for more solid rp and better experience, no bloody way!!!

Just Use ya common sense lads (And lasses) 

This is the bit that I have an issue with as no they shouldnt be switching servers as per this rule:

(2.11) Teleporting, Once you have spawned in you are unable to respawn unless you have been killed or are stuck in a position due to a bug (please take screenshots), For example you cannot respawn to get to another location quicker - Punishment is a ban.

Switching servers is essentially teleporting.
Hmm, fair point but you could argue that if you are not involved in any (rp) situation and you log off in the same place you spawn at on the other server, you limit the teleport that has happened.

So that you are able to swap servers and have to meet certain requirements such as logging off in the place you want to spawn in, and ofcourse not break 4.7.

This way cops are able to balance servers out and civilians/rebels can swapt to possibly a friends server, as you would assume they'd be wanting to play together, much more fun!

Shouldnt be to strict on that rule as long as people dont take advantage of it such as the example.

Edit: The way forward on this would be not to ask people to change server but to ask anyone logging in to pick the server with the lower number of police.
If I understand this then it would mean a 50% - 50% split on police across the 2 servers....

Well often there is 130+ on server 1, but only 20-50 on server 2....

If this is the case then the percentage police to everyone else will be unproportional; perhaps a proportional ratio would be the way forward? such that if 70 players on S1, and 30 players on S2, then 70% of police go on S1 and 30% on S2? 

If I understand this then it would mean a 50% - 50% split on police across the 2 servers....

Well often there is 130+ on server 1, but only 20-50 on server 2....

If this is the case then the percentage police to everyone else will be unproportional; perhaps a proportional ratio would be the way forward? such that if 70 players on S1, and 30 players on S2, then 70% of police go on S1 and 30% on S2? 
We are talking about police numbers. At about 7 tonight there was 24 on server 1 and 4 on server 2.

I have played on both servers as a cop on server two there is less chance of roleplay as most things end in a shoot out but I think it might work.To be honest splitting them would help as there is never any back up when your on server two but when you are on server oneits like an army coming to save the president so we should split it.

@Vladic Ka please use the suggestion section in the future xD (jk). But I believe it is much better when we are able to, like @SI Tampax said go on to a different server to distribute the officers across because as of lately there has been around 30 cops on server 1 and around 5 on server 2 which is causing question for concern as usually those 5 cops end up getting taken hostage by groups of people with greater numbers.

@Vladic Ka please use the suggestion section in the future xD (jk). But I believe it is much better when we are able to, like @SI Tampax said go on to a different server to distribute the officers across because as of lately there has been around 30 cops on server 1 and around 5 on server 2 which is causing question for concern as usually those 5 cops end up getting taken hostage by groups of people with greater numbers.
Yes I have been watching the numbers thats why I made this thread mate. Id rather it was a natural split tbh but that doesnt seem to be happening. Do the police need some fresh faces? I dont know.

Yes I have been watching the numbers thats why I made this thread mate. Id rather it was a natural split tbh but that doesnt seem to be happening. Do the police need some fresh faces? I dont know.
By fresh faces do you mean more cops or more command?

More active police. Command can influence this but Id rather not have any more of them.
Indeed, we could use more active Police. As of lately the numbers of cops within the force have dropped quite a large amount, around 3-4 months ago there was given or take 400 cops, now we're around 250 approx. A small segment of those being absent for long periods of time and also some being part time. Someone fresh faces would be good, however as you said yourself, it's something which Police Command would need to influence and something Constabulary command members would also need to keep on top of, how they would do that, I'm not entirely sure tbh.

Back