What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

What is wrong with that PC

Wicker

HOBO
So I would say my pc is pretty good I has an 970 and I7 9700k prosscor, But I've been having alot of issues with most of my games, Ive been laggin on arma 3, rust and GTA5 and I do not understand what is wrong with the pc, because I remeber when I did not have my i7 it worked just fine. I dont know if it was because of the reason of changing motherboard with i7 or what the issue is.

I'm willing to bet you've got an old, shit, beaten up hard drive like myself. With a 3 year old hard drive from PC World and no SSD, things are going to run shit. I'm not spending more money on my PC now though because I'll be in Uni in September...

If you're having trouble and you have an old hard drive though, I would definitely suggest investing in an SSD and new hard drive.

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970

Processor

Intel core i7 6700k @4.00GHz

Hard Drive

Intel SSDSC2CW120A3

ST3100524AS

Im a bit unsure on the name of the motherboard is their anyway you can check?

The hardrives are around 6 years old I bet 

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970

Processor

Intel core i7 6700k @4.00GHz

Hard Drive

Intel SSDSC2CW120A3

ST3100524AS

Im a bit unsure on the name of the motherboard is their anyway you can check?

The hardrives are around 6 years old I bet 
There's your problem!

Pick up a small SSD for arma and your operating system (They're not cheap), then stick everything else on a large Hard Drive - That should fix the issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help @DCC Tampax  @Samatlewis 
Also make sure that your CPU does not overheat. That is often situation at summer time when the core temperature of your room rise and if out are rolling with a fan cooler(1st to get upgraded if you have the normal one). But like was pointed out to you, get SSD , you can get em for really good prices. However there are quite alot of differences in these things and the price is not all what matters. So be sure to check some tests before you buy stuff. Also depending ur motherboard it might be an option for you to get SSD drive what can directly be mounted to ur motherboard without a SATA cable. In that case the speed is even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do i check if the motherboard is combatable with the ssd im looking for?
Do you have the box for the mobo?

Otherwise they're all pretty compatible nowadays to be fair, I'm not sure if you can even get incompatible SSD drives :/

If you wanna splash the cash on an NVME drive make sure you have a M.2 drive slot, very fast but pricey. Or if ya want a bog standard SSD make sure your Mobo has a Sata 3 port available.
maximus-iv-gene-z-4.jpg

Looks like this^^^^ (Will be on the edge of your mobo or where you existing HDD is connected.)

If you wanna splash the cash on an NVME drive make sure you have a M.2 drive slot, very fast but pricey. Or if ya want a bog standard SSD make sure your Mobo has a Sata 3 port available.

Looks like this^^^^ (Will be on the edge of your mobo or where you existing HDD is connected.)
FYI - not all m.2 drives are NVME and not all Mobos support the NVME or non NVME standard :)

Also worth checking you havent done something silly like like plugging your monitor into your mobo instead of the graphic card @Wicker

Just note - your video connection may be like the above (DVI) but may also be HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA. The important thing is that the cable fro myour monitor plugs into the GPU, not into the motherboard.

Back