What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Graphics Card Help

LeeA

So after my PC breaking last year which meant I couldn't play on the server anymore, I finally have enough funds to get a new PC, and a better one too. I have almost everything else figured out, apart from one thing. A graphics card. I know this question would have been answered a million times but a lot of updates happen within arma and my CPU of choice will be different to the people who have asked etc etc. So, what GPU is best suited for arma. The CPU is the i7-7700k with the Gigabyte GA-Z270X Gaming 5. The graphics cards i have been looking at are the 1080Ti/1080, 1070, 1060 6GB and the 980Ti/980.

After looking at forums, apparently Arma doesnt work that  well with SLI, or does it? The 1080Ti is obviously the best card out of the lot, but its a bit overkill. Would it be better to SLI two 1060s instead of spending thee same/slightly more on just the 1 card? As i know they are quite cheap. 

Forgot to mention but I will be playing arma on high at 1080p, on just 1 display, however I will be running 3 displays total. Power isnt an issue.

Thanks for any advice 

So after my PC breaking last year which meant I couldn't play on the server anymore, I finally have enough funds to get a new PC, and a better one too. I have almost everything else figured out, apart from one thing. A graphics card. I know this question would have been answered a million times but a lot of updates happen within arma and my CPU of choice will be different to the people who have asked etc etc. So, what GPU is best suited for arma. The CPU is the i7-7700k with the Gigabyte GA-Z270X Gaming 5. The graphics cards i have been looking at are the 1080Ti/1080, 1070, 1060 6GB and the 980Ti/980.

After looking at forums, apparently Arma doesnt work that  well with SLI, or does it? The 1080Ti is obviously the best card out of the lot, but its a bit overkill. Would it be better to SLI two 1060s instead of spending thee same/slightly more on just the 1 card? As i know they are quite cheap. 

Forgot to mention but I will be playing arma on high at 1080p, on just 1 display, however I will be running 3 displays total. Power isnt an issue.

Thanks for any advice 
Arma is still more or less a CPU bound game, GPU doesnt factor in a huge amount. As I said in my PM - dont go for a 9xx, the 10xx series is more current, more advanced, and a better use of your money. a 1080i is total overkill for Arma, or any 1080p gaming really. Depending on what else you're playing a 1070 would be good middle ground, or a 1060 if you're looking to save some money.

I will be playing other games along side arma, just i know every other game will be more than easy to run with whatever graphics card i choose. Looks like the 1070 will be the card to go with then, thanks a lot 

Back