What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Official Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciaran

Computer Janitor
Management
Dev Team
Los Santos Police Senior
Discord-Logo+Wordmark-White.png

Over the last few weeks, our internal staff team has moved to Discord, a free communication platform that offers great text (and voice) communication.

We have decided to open this to the public, and are working on moving text police channels from Slack to Discord. You can join our Discord by clicking here

We will not be using Discord for our primary voice solution though, since it lacks critical features like Whispers for police, there are a few music bots available though.

Please do take a moment to read the rules of the server, which is an extension of our community rules.

Hope to see you there!

- RPUK Management Team

Last edited by a moderator:
The flood gates have opened

maxresdefault.jpg

Ive been waiting for this day.

p.s. I thought this was turned down long ago, many a time? why we using it now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Discord? We already have slack. If cost is a issue I'd much rather use RocketChat then Discord. Discord is not really meant to be for text communication for large communities/teams.

Will the police/NHS/UNMC be switching from Slack to Discord?

Why Discord? We already have slack. If cost is a issue I'd much rather use RocketChat then Discord. Discord is not really meant to be for text communication for large communities/teams.

We've already been using discord for like a month now as test and I believe almost everyone who was on it agrees it's better than slack. We also did try rocket chat at one point as well but that didn't suit our requirements either.

I'm assuming all of the above may switch to discord at a later date when it is decided how tags are going to be given out automatically 

I think discord is pretty good for text communication between large amounts of players! Sign in, get assigned a tag and with that tag you get automatically added to the appropriate channel's! If tags get removed Access to the channel/s gets revoked. It makes managing channels alot easier!

Donators can now get access to a special Donator Discord room, coming with a purple name colour on Discord (overridden by faction affiliation), to do this, link your Discord with your forum account HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back