What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Girls on the island

Nalurah

Yesterday I was on by myself as a UNMC member on server 2 as server 1 is full. Nothing to worry about of course, figured I'd just do some stuff to improve the reputation of the UMNC, talking to some civs, etc. As I was helping some people who got injured in a car crash a police car pulled up and under the new terrorist act wanted to arrest me. One of the arresting officers was my former head of constabulary and friend so I figured this would be some good roleplay. And it was! (You guys thought I was gonna whine about the police huh?)

After a good half hour of roleplay, banter and just genuine laughter they took me over to the HMP. I was actually mildly curious about this as I had never gone to (police) prison before so I wanted to know what it was like. After arriving there we noticed a ton of other police cars and three prisoners from the same gang who shall remain nameless already inside the facility. I was being processed by the officers bringing me to prison when the prisoners realized I'm a girl. Comments like "Ah good, throw her in here so she can start sucking" followed. That wasn't the first time, not even the second or the tenth. It happens too often for me to keep count.

Now here is where I am very thankful to @CSI Hugo who instantly turned me around and marched me out of the building saying 'I won't put you in there with them'. Hugo knew of course that I deal with comments like that quite often on the server and that it can really upset me.

People often say it's just the internet, that you shouldn't be online if you can't handle that. So I shouldn't be able to do something I love because some people don't know how to act towards women?

So let me say something to those boys who think it's cool to make remarks like earlier mentioned to women online because they can hide behind the safety of their monitors. It's easy for you guys to forget that you're talking to an actual person right? That behind the feminine voice you hear that triggered you is someone with genuine feelings who you just made feel like some kind of worthless object. Think about what it would be like if that person you were talking to was a girl/woman you held dear like a family member. Would you say stuff like that? Would you like it if others did?

My point is for all the people on the server thinking they are just having a laugh, don't forget that there are actual people behind the voices you hear that might not like your comment. If Hugo hadn't protected me in that situation but instead thrown me in jail as he was supposed to do things would have probably ended poorly. I would have probably broken several server rules in an attempt to just get away from the harassment as I already have enough experience in real life of not being able to get away.

I guess in a sense this post is for the people who get bullied or harassed on the server for being who they are. Hopefully it will be able to change the mind of some of the people doing the bullying and make this community even better than it already is.

Thank you all for reading this.

I agree with this as well. I sometimes get the situation when I am on as a Police Officer where people are saying stuff like 'I thought you had to be 16 to be in the Police' 'I don't want to talk to squeakers' 'I want someone who has had their balls dropped' etc and it's a regular thing for me too. I do believe in my case it's breaking RP and I remember a long time agooooo, someone called James O' (Something) who had quite a high pitched voice - was in Athira and was a really good officer. He RPed it every time that he took Helium before every patrol because he had some medical issues. In my case, I can't be bothered dealing with people and RPing something like that with them and I just ignore them or give them a ticket.

In your case, ignore them. They are just useless and have nothing better to do than torment you. It's shocking and cowardlike how people can do this to not just me and you, but others as well. I had someone who was probably a few years younger than me (I am 13) in Kavala Square trying to talk to people and 2 or 3 people just went 'Oh no, it's a squeaker. Lets not talk to him' and I just felt so sorry for the lad.

As I said before derailing the topic onto myself, ignore them. I know it's hard but you just have to try to ignore them. If you ignore them and that doesn't work, contact an admin and they will hopefully sort it out. If there are no admins online, record it all and report it as 'Other' since they are doing it several times on purpose, as per this rule:
(1.1) Bullying is punished by a permanent ban without appeal.

Hope this helps. Any advice that you, or anyone wants, just find me. I will always be able to (at least try) and help!

I would like to point out that this case was dealt with, and punishments have been given. I am also reminding everyone, that we do not allow that kind of behaviour and if we as a Staff Team find this being done, will deal with it in a manner to support the severity of the situation. 

We as a community are here to have fun, and this kind of behaviour should not stop that from happening, there for remember if you see or hear anyone get this kind of treatment then step in and support them like was done in this situation.

Look at our first rule here. If anyone does this kind of thing please feel free to privately message anyone in the staff team for this to be dealt with. Anyone saying or doing this kind of thing will be removed from all of our services quite quickly.

Pubescent teenagers are the majority in this community and unfortunately it seems a lot of them have had minimal contact with the other sex, probably only having played kissy chase around the playground.

Dont let it get to you and if it does, do as Vladic said and message one of the staff team!

Look at our first rule here. If anyone does this kind of thing please feel free to privately message anyone in the staff team for this to be dealt with. Anyone saying or doing this kind of thing will be removed from all of our services quite quickly.

I would like to point out that this case was dealt with, and punishments have been given. I am also reminding everyone, that we do not allow that kind of behaviour and if we as a Staff Team find this being done, will deal with it in a manner to support the severity of the situation. 

We as a community are here to have fun, and this kind of behaviour should not stop that from happening, there for remember if you see or hear anyone get this kind of treatment then step in and support them like was done in this situation.
Great to see this kind of action being taken but does that include the age stuff that I have put as well? ( it's a squeaker. Lets not talk to him', 'I thought you had to be 16 to be in the Police' 'I don't want to talk to squeakers' 'I want someone who has had their balls dropped'?)

Great to see this kind of action being taken but does that include the age stuff that I have put as well? ( it's a squeaker. Lets not talk to him', 'I thought you had to be 16 to be in the Police' 'I don't want to talk to squeakers' 'I want someone who has had their balls dropped'?)
Discriminating against someone's age, no? Obviously with these cases you should ensure you have a thick skin as this is the internet, however when the boundary is crossed and they've been asked to stop, then something can be said/done to them.

Yesterday I was on by myself as a UNMC member on server 2 as server 1 is full. Nothing to worry about of course, figured I'd just do some stuff to improve the reputation of the UMNC, talking to some civs, etc. As I was helping some people who got injured in a car crash a police car pulled up and under the new terrorist act wanted to arrest me. One of the arresting officers was my former head of constabulary and friend so I figured this would be some good roleplay. And it was! (You guys thought I was gonna whine about the police huh?)

After a good half hour of roleplay, banter and just genuine laughter they took me over to the HMP. I was actually mildly curious about this as I had never gone to (police) prison before so I wanted to know what it was like. After arriving there we noticed a ton of other police cars and three prisoners from the same gang who shall remain nameless already inside the facility. I was being processed by the officers bringing me to prison when the prisoners realized I'm a girl. Comments like "Ah good, throw her in here so she can start sucking" followed. That wasn't the first time, not even the second or the tenth. It happens too often for me to keep count.

Now here is where I am very thankful to @CSI Hugo who instantly turned me around and marched me out of the building saying 'I won't put you in there with them'. Hugo knew of course that I deal with comments like that quite often on the server and that it can really upset me.

People often say it's just the internet, that you shouldn't be online if you can't handle that. So I shouldn't be able to do something I love because some people don't know how to act towards women?

So let me say something to those boys who think it's cool to make remarks like earlier mentioned to women online because they can hide behind the safety of their monitors. It's easy for you guys to forget that you're talking to an actual person right? That behind the feminine voice you hear that triggered you is someone with genuine feelings who you just made feel like some kind of worthless object. Think about what it would be like if that person you were talking to was a girl/woman you held dear like a family member. Would you say stuff like that? Would you like it if others did?

My point is for all the people on the server thinking they are just having a laugh, don't forget that there are actual people behind the voices you hear that might not like your comment. If Hugo hadn't protected me in that situation but instead thrown me in jail as he was supposed to do things would have probably ended poorly. I would have probably broken several server rules in an attempt to just get away from the harassment as I already have enough experience in real life of not being able to get away.

I guess in a sense this post is for the people who get bullied or harassed on the server for being who they are. Hopefully it will be able to change the mind of some of the people doing the bullying and make this community even better than it already is.

Thank you all for reading this.
Wait your a girl? 

Next time this happens if no staff are available just drop me a message and I'll gladly come and shoot the fuckers for you 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sssh don't tell anyone!
1sji3n.jpg

A bit to late

We all know now!!!

Ill agree with you @DSGT Fergus. Ive been subject to it, although less so now, and have watched many YR's and others being teased for being 'squeakers', even though the thick majority is actually people aged around 13-15 who just havent started growing yet.

Nonetheless, discrimination to any sort of minority, whether it be women, younger players, or anything else, is totally unacceptable. If any of you reading this have done it, even slightly, shame on you.

We have two females in our group that play and i must admit i have noticed that sometimes you can see a noticeable change in a persons character towards them to almost a crude level luckily though so far these instances are very rare but agree discrimination should be reported straight away as most the people on the servers  have respect for others be it age or sex . I hope though for the original poster and anyone that does receive such immature behavior from a small minority that they realise they are just better than them and sooner rather than latter the said attitude of the person being horrible will catch up with them . At the end of the day we are all here to have fun and enjoy ourselves .  

With all the whining about "he called me this and that" whenever somebody get's shot it seriously shocks me that this should be an issue for a female gamer in 2017. I know there is a lot of young boys, but I see this is no more excusable than being racist or abusive against other male players, which I feel this server and admins are very good at handling. Tell them off and/or report whenever in my humble opinion.

Pubescent teenagers are the majority in this community and unfortunately it seems a lot of them have had minimal contact with the other sex, probably only having played kissy chase around the playground.
I agree, and then it should be the "job" of admins and other players, that needs to shave instead of choosing, to tell them off, when you end up getting banned from server after server, you learn the rules of society. A lot better than getting your ass kicked at the local bar 3 years later :p 

Last edited by a moderator:
So let me say something to those boys who think it's cool to make remarks like earlier mentioned to women online because they can hide behind the safety of their monitors. It's easy for you guys to forget that you're talking to an actual person right? That behind the feminine voice you hear that triggered you is someone with genuine feelings who you just made feel like some kind of worthless object.
Hey Nalurah,

The worst part of this is when other players attempt to stick up for you because they realize you're a human being bullied (regardless of gender) and then they just get called white knight or given shit for it. Then in the future they are less likely to try to help, and so are others, for fear of being given shit in return. I feel your pain. 

It's funny because some stuff really won't bother me at all, And then other times it will legitimately hurt my feelings and make me not want to play for a couple days. You're absolutely right when you say you shouldn't have to give up your hobby because others think you need "thicker skin." You don't need to be like them and become an apathetic being the moment you come online, it's great that you remain an empathetic person regardless of how your human interaction is taking place. 

Anyways, just wanted to say I get it and I hope your post will help deter this issue in the future.

~Julia

With all the whining about "he called me this and that" whenever somebody get's shot it seriously shocks me that this should be an issue for a female gamer in 2017. I know there is a lot of young boys, but I see this is no more excusable than being racist or abusive against other male players, which I feel this server and admins are very good at handling. Tell them off and/or report whenever in my humble opinion.

I agree, and then it should be the "job" of admins and other players, that needs to shave instead of choosing, to tell them off, when you end up getting banned from server after server, you learn the rules of society. A lot better than getting your ass kicked at the local bar 3 years later :p 
I agree that it is indeed a job of the admins and I think they are doing a wonderful job at it. We can't expect the admins to see everything with a community this size so I think it's also a job of the community to make it a nice place for everyone. That's after all how you get a community to begin with.

Hey Nalurah,

The worst part of this is when other players attempt to stick up for you because they realize you're a human being bullied (regardless of gender) and then they just get called white knight or given shit for it. Then in the future they are less likely to try to help, and so are others, for fear of being given shit in return. I feel your pain. 

It's funny because some stuff really won't bother me at all, And then other times it will legitimately hurt my feelings and make me not want to play for a couple days. You're absolutely right when you say you shouldn't have to give up your hobby because others think you need "thicker skin." You don't need to be like them and become an apathetic being the moment you come online, it's great that you remain an empathetic person regardless of how your human interaction is taking place. 

Anyways, just wanted to say I get it and I hope your post will help deter this issue in the future.

~Julia
Thank you Julia, it means a lot for you to say that. I agree that it's horrible that the decent men who actually are helping you out sometimes get attacked over it as well. So here's too all the 'white knights' out there: We appreciate you fighting alongside us!

I agree that it is indeed a job of the admins
Well, yes and no. Ofc the admins should, and probably will, ban on-sight stuff like this. But I think in the long run the best medicine is getting as many of the people around to understand, so that when some player says something idiotic as in your example, his friends (on teamspeak) will be like "HEY DUDE!!! Wtf!!! Are you trying to get us all banned? She could me my fucking sister!"

That is the level I actually expected this particular community to be at tbh. :/ 

Well, yes and no. Ofc the admins should, and probably will, ban on-sight stuff like this. But I think in the long run the best medicine is getting as many of the people around to understand, so that when some player says something idiotic as in your example, his friends (on teamspeak) will be like "HEY DUDE!!! Wtf!!! Are you trying to get us all banned? She could me my fucking sister!"

That is the level I actually expected this particular community to be at tbh. :/ 
Which is exactly what I stated in the second sentence. I think it's mainly the responsibility of the community. Hopefully people will start doing it more.

Back