What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

High Disk Usage

Julie Cel

Hey,

So I keep having to restart my PC to temporarily fix this problem. Games I play are also often freezing and crashing because of it.

tAo5BcG.jpg

That service host: Local system is using a lot of disk usage frequently.

This problem occurred when I started using Ethernet instead of Wi-fi on my laptop. The internet in my building was recently "upgraded" but now it just drops all the time so I switched to ethernet.

I am not very tech savvy so if anyone could help and explain stuff simply I would really appreciate it. 

I'm running windows 8.1.

Thanks

~Julia

I had this problem a while back, I temp fixed it for a long time until it came back and had to do a fresh install, I found my main problem was too much videos and recording saved to the hard drive.

I temp fixed it for a long time using services

• Press Win Key + R
  • Type "services.msc" 
  • Find SuperFetch right click select properties, Stop the service and then click the startup type drop box and click disabled, 
  • Find Windows Search service and do the same as above.
May not work for you but did for a lot of people on the internet it worked for me for while, so hopefully does for you, if not fresh install fixed it for me fully.

Don't worry also, you can always run these services again if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this problem a while back, I temp fixed it for a long time until it came back and had to do a fresh install, I found my main problem was too much videos and recording saved to the hard drive.

I temp fixed it for a long time using services

• Press Win Key + R
  • Type "services.msc" 
  • Find SuperFetch right click select properties, Stop the service and then click the startup type drop box and click disabled, 
  • Find Windows Search service and do the same as above.
May not work for you but did for a lot of people on the internet it worked for me for while, so hopefully does for you, if not fresh install fixed it for me fully.

Don't worry also, you can always run these services again if needed.
Thank You I will try this !

Had the same problem, got an SSD and it fixed everything. Made my entire PC much faster also

Back