What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Permanent Ban Appeal - NIrishAndrew (unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applebyy

The Morrison Family
In-game Name

NIrishAndrew

Steam ID

Please provide a link to your previous denied appeal.

https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/92435-un-ban-appeal-nirishandrew-07242017-denied/
In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.

I think I was banned because I made the ridiculous choice of uploading a photo of a IRA gunman as my profile cover photo.

What have you been upto in the last 6 months+ ?

Over the last 6 months I haven't got up to much regarding Arma, I have really taken a step back from Arma and my PC as a whole besides playing Rainbow Six Siege and speaking to old friends from the community the odd time. When I was first banned I tried starting on other role play communities but none really compared to this one and that's when I realised I really messed up.

Why do you want to return ?

I really miss the community and my friends on the server as I have not properly spoken or played games with them in a few weeks now. In a week or so I am approaching 3 years within the community (joined on August 8 2014) and I want to keep that going as I have met some amazing people and friends within that time and got got some great laughs and memories with these people and would hate to lose that, although my friends are not the only reason I want to return, I also feel RPUK is the only real community that can offer great role play and that I can offer back great role play as I have tried many others in the days after getting banned and have just given up as they don't compare to this community, I have been here for nearly 3 years now as I mentioned above and have seen it been developed over that time and know that it wont stop anytime soon and I want to be apart of that. I don't really know what to say but I'm sorry for my stupidity and I realise what I done was extremely wrong and unjust.

Why should we unban you ?

I think that i should be un-banned because other than a few minor disagreements I was a quiet member that just wants to play a game, since being banned I haven't played Altis life that much, purely because there is nowhere that I can settle in and actually have a community to play in as they don't really appeal to me. I have played and been a member of this community a while nearly 3 years I think and the friends and people I have met I still talk too, I have made some good friends and I would like to be able to play again with them, what I done to get banned was just stupid I couldn't really say why I posted the picture, I just did, silly really, but looking past that I can just apologise and say that it would never happen again. Initially when I uploaded the photo I wasn’t thinking, I had no intentions of offending anyone and I am genuinely sorry for my actions.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, posted in Permanent unban as requested by @CC Aiden

Please confirm this unban request is for you.

No

I have read and understand the unban appeal process

Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.

Yes

I confirm 6 months+ have passed since my denied appeal.

Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here

Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
So first thing I do when I look into some perms, I check their profile or type their steam ID on the forums. All I see is "Un-ban Appeal - NIrishAndrew" Doesn't look good does it?

I browsed through a couple of your other appeals and noticed this comment, Quote from yourself

"Somehow I always get dragged into something with no intentions of it, just ended up in the wrong crowd again, a crowd I want nothing more to do with, whatever your decision I respect it."
I don't think this was the case this time around. I'm sure you have nobody else to blame but yourself for uploading it. 

So first thing I do when I look into some perms, I check their profile or type their steam ID on the forums. All I see is "Un-ban Appeal - NIrishAndrew" Doesn't look good does it?
In the past I was apart of groups such as TI, rM as nearly every member from those gangs are all banned etc hence the meaning behind the quote you brought up which just got me into trouble. I didn't know something that happened that long ago would effect me as I thought it was in the past. Regarding the latest normal un-ban appeal I was unsure if it was a perm or not.

I hope you can look past my previous bans as that was like I said god knows how long ago when I was apart of TI, I agree it doesn't look good.

I don't think this was the case this time around. I'm sure you have nobody else to blame but yourself for uploading it. 
This time around I've no one to blame but myself, I clicked the button myself. In no way am I trying to say some else is the blame, it was me and I am sorry for that, it was a ridiculous choice to upload it and I have really learned from my choices, I don't know what was going through my mind at the time, I should've known better as I've been a member for three years now (marking today as my third year).

@Applebyyxo "I didn't know what was going through my mind at the time" is not good enough... does Irish Andy support the IRA ? or is that something he considered a funny / "hard" thing to do

Real talk please.

@Applebyyxo "I didn't know what was going through my mind at the time" is not good enough... does Irish Andy support the IRA ? or is that something he considered a funny / "hard" thing to do

Real talk please.
Apologies for the late reply, I've been working a lot, thanks for being patience and not closing this.

In no way do I support the IRA or Republican violence, I am from the North of Ireland and have been brought up as a protestant and knowing about what the IRA have done etc and I do not agree with anything they done, as it was a rather long time ago I recall it being a joke that I no longer find funny and realise I was totally wrong to post that in the first place, I do not support the IRA and I realise what I done could be really offensive to anyone who has lost family members etc to their violence.

@Wilco

We don't tolerate anything like that here, this is a community with a wide age range, what was going through your mind when you posted this? 

I'm well aware this sort of stuff is not tolerated and I agree with my ban, it was extremely stupid of me to post that image and regret doing it. I assume when you say "a wide age range" you are referring to the kids that were in the photo although I am unsure, like I said in my earlier replies I posted it originally as a joke which I don't find one bit funny at this time and I know what I did was wrong, and if I was given another chance I would take a wider perspective of things before I post something that could possible offend someone.

In all honesty I don't know, it was quite some time ago, I was being naive and was supposed to be a joke, very immature joke now that I have reflected on it and took the time to think about the various attacks the IRA took part in.

It was a very idiotic choice to post the picture and I don't know what else to say but I'm very apologetic for what I done and if I did offend anyone that could have possibly reported it.

Thanks for taking your time to review my post.

@Drew

It seem's you use the our forums a lot as a tool to say what you like with no consequences, now I know this was back in February however If I am to unban you I think you really need to tone it down on the forums, simply looking at your profile the first couple of status or comments I see are;

"IRA Picture" (hidden now ofcourse)

"Ha what a cunt "

"Happy Birthday you lil terrorist"

"I'm really struggling to see the point of verified staff tags, honestly what a waste "

That last one^? I'm sure there was a better way to give feedback rather than a status update don't you think?

It seem's you use the our forums a lot as a tool to say what you like with no consequences, now I know this was back in February however If I am to unban you I think you really need to tone it down on the forums, simply looking at your profile the first couple of status or comments I see are;

"IRA Picture" (hidden now ofcourse)

"Ha what a cunt "

"Happy Birthday you lil terrorist"

"I'm really struggling to see the point of verified staff tags, honestly what a waste "

That last one^? I'm sure there was a better way to give feedback rather than a status update don't you think?
Like you said this was back in February, I have matured a lot since then and took time to reflect on what how idiotic I was being on the forums, as well as recklessly posting without thinking about consequences, if you were to unban me I can fully assure you won't see me doing the same thing again.

I agree I can think of a better and constructive way to express my feelings in a polite manner on forums without being stupid and posting status updates like so, If I was in that situation now I would've kept my opinion to myself or made a topic here:

Thanks.

@Drew

@NIrish Andrew

I have give you access back to your forum account. For the record, I would like you to comment here in regards to you understanding the severity of this topic and how we won't tolerate anything like this again in the future, do you agree and accept?

I have read the terms and I accept them.

My understanding of the severity of this topic is because the IRA was a republican paramilitary organization seeking a republic Ireland through violent means ie bombing etc and are seen as a terrorist organisation, they carried out many attacks on innocent Irish and British people throughout their active years which I condemn and 101% agree that it is not tolerated in the community, the IRA terrorized The Republic of Ireland and Britain for years and killed thousands.

After looking at my decisions I realised I was being very idiotic, I should’ve known in the first place not to post something that could be so offensive, these sort of posts cannot be tolerated because the IRA was a terrorist group, I can assure you-you will never have to deal with my name related to this again if you were to unban me, I think this will serve well to anybody that has viewed my unban to understand also it is not acceptable. Apologies to anybody that may have found the picture I posted offensive.

Thank you for taking your time to review this and respond.

@Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back