What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Retail staff reports high levels of mining performance on RX Vega

Starsky

(Un)Retired Memester
Retail staff reports high levels of mining performance with AMD's RX Vega

A member of Overclockers UK staff, Gibbo, has reported that AMD's Vega series cards offer some insane levels of mining performance with hash rates of between 70 and 100 per card. To put this into perspective RX 580 GPUs can achieve hashrates of around 26-29. 

If this is true AMD's RX Vega series GPUs are mining beasts, with the potential to offer a greater hastrate per watt than AMD's existing RX 500/400 series GPU lineup.  

Gibbo has been a reliable source of information in the past, stating on the Overclockers UK forums that they are trying their best to come up with preventative measures that will prevent miners from "wiping all the stock out within 5 minutes of product going live". Perhaps Overclockers UK are planning to only sell one GPU per customer or implement some other sales tactic to ensure that as many RX Vega GPUs land into the hands of gamers as possible.  

Note that this level of mining performance is a lot higher than what was presented with AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, though it is known that certain Vega-specific features are disabled on that devices current drivers.  
Link here.

In other news:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I wanted to buy one.... WHY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mining? Miners? Mine? 

What does it mean :( ?
Bitcoins. Mining bitcoins. (crypto-mining I think but idk that much bout it.

TLDR: simply and understandably triggered because some gpu he wanted to buy is said to be good at mining bitcoins. 

Bitcoins = money

graphics card that mines bitcoins well = fucking pricey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back