What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

People with worse PC get double fps?

Fat Chao

Hello, I have always had and have bad fps in arma. ive tried to reset my pc, reinstall windows 10, download new and older drivers. i have watched countless of videos and read many tips and tricks to improve fps. i know of many people on the server that have worse pc specs than mine and still get 40+ more fps everywhere on the map. I will leave some screenshots of my arma settings and pc specs. 

Any tips how i can improve my fps? 

This is the fps i get during peek 

12-15 fps in kavala square.

20-25 fps in airport

30-40 fps in rebel outpost.

Specs

Geforce GTX 970 (msi oc edition)

Intel i7 4790  3.60GHhz

16gb Ram

Arma Video Settings 

http://imgur.com/a/2I68P

Turn down your antialiasing to about 2x and mess around with that. See if it improves. There's a few guides online about increasing fps give them a try too.

Also depending on how good your PC is and if you record turn that off, that's what caused me shit frames and stuttering.

don't just look at arma, look at your other applications.

Personally, I binned my 3rd party anti-virus. I know what i'm clicking on, so win defender works for me. Close your google tabs, look at your task manager and see what is running and eating CPU/RAM.

Turn down your antialiasing to about 2x and mess around with that. See if it improves. There's a few guides online about increasing fps give them a try too.

Also depending on how good your PC is and if you record turn that off, that's what caused me shit frames and stuttering.
Dindt work, Thanks anyway

don't just look at arma, look at your other applications.

Personally, I binned my 3rd party anti-virus. I know what i'm clicking on, so win defender works for me. Close your google tabs, look at your task manager and see what is running and eating CPU/RAM.
This might work, I personally do not have any antivirus beacuse I think its worse than a virus. I haven't checked task manager for apps that eats my cpu/ram. will do that later. Thanks!

This might work, I personally do not have any antivirus beacuse I think its worse than a virus. I haven't checked task manager for apps that eats my cpu/ram. will do that later. Thanks!
Look into the apps you run aswell, as I know things like overwolf on TS are killers. 

Look into the apps you run aswell, as I know things like overwolf on TS are killers. 
yeah, I've removed overwolf and every apps I dont use. now I mainly have games from steam, discord and chrome (fresh install) 

yeah, I've removed overwolf and every apps I dont use. now I mainly have games from steam, discord and chrome (fresh install) 
Also, steam chats, steam page should be closed when you play as I found it helps too!

any background programs/processors eating your resources? 

I got a really good pc(6800k @ 4.6ghz/1080 etc). Everything runs smooth outside cities. As soon as you hit a modded area the fps drops as fuck. Kavala i drop to 30, since the agios rework i got to around 40 in there, same in athira. Outside its running smooth, with stable 70-80fps. Sometimes it goes even over 100 if its in a not so populated area etc.

I mean the screen resolution in game settings, like HD, FULL HD, 2K...

So if u have power pc, maybe u have 2k monitor and u set resolution in game something like 2048x1080 

who have not strong pc can use lower resolution and it gives fps, maybe u can make expreiment with other resoulitons 

but I think you have another problem, maybe a lot processes take much resources:) 

and what about ur hard disk? u have ssd or hdd? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean the screen resolution in game settings, like HD, FULL HD, 2K...

So if u have power pc, maybe u have 2k monitor and u set resulution in game something like 2048x1080 

who have not strong pc can use lower resolution and it gives fps, maybe u can make expreiment with other resoulitons 

but I think you have another problem, maybe a lot processes take much resources:) 

and what about ur hard disk? u have ssd or hdd? 
I have windows on a SDD and steam/games on a HDD

My specs are worse than yours, i have a 960 and an i5 6600k but i don't have a problem. Thing is, arma is poorly optimised so even he best pc's won't excel over the worser pc's. I've installed my arma to my ssd which helps a lot. Your graphics drivers may be out of date as well, if you head to geforce experience and press optimise and make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. On your settings, turn down your PIP and Water Reflections because they impact your fps and they're not really useful. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back