What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Need help with PC

Domm

Banned
So, today my pc was running fine no issues I was just chilling on discord and then went into the shower, I came out the shower and noticed my pc was off. I thought nothing of it and tried to boot it back up but no response. Then, i unplugged and replugged the power cable and it booted for a second and instantly turned off and this kept happening. I then called @Alex Jackson who instructed me to plug out my ram which I did and then turned it on and it remained on but no beep or graphic display. Then, I plugged back in the ram and turned it on and again it remained on but no beep or graphic display, someone help me? @Samatlewis @Zeito

This happened to me about 3-4 month ago, first i suggest checking the power supply for any faults if you've got a second power supply to hand try using that one and see if there is a change, apart from that it turned out for me it was my motherboard had decided to blow itself up, on rare cases if your motherboard blows it can take some systems with it, e.g blow up your graphics card or processor (Rare cases),  not sure apart from that buddy hope you manage to get it fixed!

(also maybe try another HDMI cable you never know..! good luck :D

This happened to me about 3-4 month ago, first i suggest checking the power supply for any faults if you've got a second power supply to hand try using that one and see if there is a change, apart from that it turned out for me it was my motherboard had decided to blow itself up, on rare cases if your motherboard blows it can take some systems with it, e.g blow up your graphics card or processor (Rare cases),  not sure apart from that buddy hope you manage to get it fixed!

(also maybe try another HDMI cable you never know..! good luck :D
Could the hdmi even cause no beep? It sucks msn I'm hoping it's not fucked how do I check power supply I'm really bad with pcs

Honestly mate i'm not that good either haha, i use my contacts to help me out. Tho this said i really doubt your HDMI would cause no beep.. i had the exact same problem no beep and wouldn't switch on i replaced power supply and still nothing, for me it was motherboard but i suggest contacting someone that knows there way around a PC, ask them to take a look sadly this is all the info i have :(! i really hope you manage to get it fixed man it sucks being stuck without a pc..

Best way mate, they will be straight with you. Hopefully it is int anything expensive for you.

This just happened to me a week ago and just got it back from a repair shop apparently my cpu overheated to the point where the cpu slot on my motherboard had melted and stopped working. 

This happened to me, my motherboard broke because of a faulty power supply (Which I didn't know at the time) so I bought another motherboard  and managed to blow that up and my graphics card.. I'd recommend a new case and power supply.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Then It could possibly be your power supply. I would try to connect another power supply to see if it will start up otherwise open your pc and smell around if you smell anything burnt.

Sounds like bad PSU as stated above. If you have a spare/other PSU plug it in and test. Unplug anything unnecessary to get the pc to boot e.g. graphics card and all but 1 stick of ram.

For the PSU test you just need at minimum the main and secondary power connector, plug monitor into on-board graphics and see if the machine boots up into the BIOS, if it does then the PSU is probably toast and needs replaced. if it still doesnt boot, it could be a cpu or mobo issue.

I think the best way would be to try another PSU somehow and try a different one to see whether the PSU is the issue, and then work logically inwards to the problem. If you can't get a hold of some parts then take it to a reputable PC repair shop (Not PC World) and see whats wrong with it, get them to quote you for the work, and then see if you can do it yourself for cheaper. Also if your PSU plug has a fuse try and replace it? Hope this helps. 

Back