What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

October 2017 Newsletter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
rpbadge.png

October 2017 Newsletter

Getting in early this month, Its about time we had some consistency with our monthly newsletters, Going forward they will either come from management team members or our lovely community manager team.

Development Team Additions

You may have noticed some new green names around! We are pleased during last month to have added new talent to our dev team in the form of @DjHolyChirst and @Fallen, Its always better when members of the community come aboard the team as they already get what the server is about and what is needed from a player perspective. 

They are currently working on fixing multiple bugs which you would have seen releases on already before bringing us some shiny new features (Some really great ideas are already becoming a reality), I know some of you have already but please give a warm Roleplay UK welcome to them!

If you have any bugs please report them here, Want to suggest a new feature go here and if you have a hidden talent you haven't yet disclosed then apply to be part our team here 

Community Funding

As you would have noticed this month there is no monthly sale as we failed to reach last months goal of £500 to fund our 5 servers and licenses, I have felt for a long time this goal was a big ask considering we are relying on the goodwill of our members but we have always met it monthly this year mainly with the help of new lifetime donators (51 of you to be exact!).

However monthly donations are down and as shown almost every month this year if there are no lifetime donators then we will fail to meet the goal meaning that we are running at an unsustainable level long-term, Without your kind support we wouldn't be here we remind ourselves of that every day and we plan to be here long-term, Long after Altis Life and Arma!

We have looked again closely at our servers and requirements and believe with a bit of extra work (Poor @Ciaran is currently doing) we can make some considerable cuts with the help of VMWare but still deliver the same level of performance and service you all love and expect.

It is important we continue with 2 Altis Life servers as every night there is an overflow required, It is also very important that both these servers run on their own dedicated server, However other services like Teamspeak, the website, the DB and API/bot system no longer require the resources of their own dedicated servers.

We are happy to announce that going forward our new donation goal of £300 per month will cover all our servers, licenses and PayPal fees and have lowered the goal to that effect.

I understand this is still a big ask but it only requires 30 of us monthly to part with £10, To celebrate this more sustainable amount we will start a 50% sale for all players the moment it is met every month until the end of that month (changing from our 10 day sale) as a thank you to our roleplayers!

Please consider donating here, All donations no matter how small is very much appreciated, If forum awards are your thing we have a list of ones that can be acquired by supporting the community here

You can subscribe to pay a monthly amount here (we will update your forum account manually for subs a new subscriber forum group will be added today)

If you are a lifetime donator you can now become an investor and support us again, See details on our donation page here

Our Female Members

Unfortunately we need to touch on a serious subject this month, This community was founded for all roleplayers regardless of gender, race, country, background etc and I find it completely disgusting that some people do not know how to conduct themselves with female players, and this isn't the first time this has come up!

I have heard about females leaving the community in tears because people have threatened things as disgusting as rape, This will not be tolerated and the management team is happy to permanently ban anyone caught treating anyone differently and in such cases, we will fully assist affected members and the police with inquiries.

It's not a joke, it's not funny, grow up before it's too late and you find yourself in some serious hot water! or very alone in life!

Halloween

Spooky Scary Skeletons! You may have noticed in Hugo Ross that the Halloween clothing has been unlocked and is now available for purchase until November 1st!

We hope you consider wearing them this month and of course Halloween night! 

Twitch Streamers

We understand how hard it is to actually get some viewers, Our members when not on the server love watching twitch streams, and we love supporting you by inviting you to our streamer team page and our homepage if you're streaming, All we ask is that you only stream Altis Life on our server while on our list and that you have a webcam and provide regular entertaining streams!

Our Twitch team page is here: https://www.twitch.tv/team/roleplay you also get added to the automatic website twitch bar that pops up if you are online.

Send in your application here, If you have applied before please reapply as we have cleared our list and are now looking at fresh applications.

Thanks For Your Hard Work!

Our staff team are the backbone of our community and really do give up endless amount of hours to give you a great experience while on the servers, forum, Teamspeak, and discord

They usually only hear the abuse or people arguing and never really get many thanks from our members, So if you see a member of the staff team or they have helped you how about doing something positive and giving them a hello or asking how they are or how their day is going or simply saying thanks! It will go a long long way!

That's it for this month! Thanks for being part of RPUK!

wilco.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Come and join the investor family!

I can see myself also becoming a lifetime donator in the near future... Good work guys!

So can I! Just a lot to fork out in one month may have to save up a few months.

Reminds of school letters home lmao

-Nice to know the half price is whole month! I am tight as a ducks arse when it comes to money and this is defiantly good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back