What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Best CPU For Gaming ? I7 7800x? or i7 7700k?

So in start planning my gaming rig while I'm saving for it and i not sure with wich cpu to go with

well the build is 

CPU:??

Motherboard: considering with cpu socket

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB 

PSU: CS Series™ Modular CS850M — 850 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Certified PSU

Ram: VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit (CMR32GX4M4C3000C15)

any Suggestions? @lionel @Zeito

Lol i feel like im reviving an old topic XD

P.s There is 8700 coming soon and around same price

Thank you for all the responders

😀😁

Last edited by a moderator:
Top of the line I7? Neither is best choice for gaming unless you plan on streaming or video editing.You might as well go with a top of the line I5 or a Ryzen 5 if you desire more cores for almost no performance loss,still a better choice than a bloody I7.

Really no need to get anything more than a k-series i5 or i7 (intel wise) as the vast majority of games an applications you'll play wont leverage the additional cores.

Top of the line I7? Neither is best choice for gaming unless you plan on streaming or video editing.You might as well go with a top of the line I5 or a Ryzen 5 if you desire more cores for almost no performance loss,still a better choice than a bloody I7.
Eh, this was true a couple of years ago, fact of the matter is that the i7 7700K was the best performing CPU you could get for gaming just until a couple of days ago, it beat the i5 7600K with a good 20-30FPS in many titles (at 1080p with a fast GPU), with the recently released 8700K being even faster.

On-topic: I'd go with the 8700K, no reason to buy an old, dead platform now. Or, if you want to save some dosh, go with the i5 8400, it performs almost exactly the same as the 7700K in most games, but for 150GBP less

I'm getting a i5-7600k soon it's q good budget cpu with high performance 4.2ghz for £200

It's only too bad Intel is changing their Chipset every release so you've 0 upgrade path,if you've got so much cash to throw anyway jsut go with the 8700k

It's only too bad Intel is changing their Chipset every release so you've 0 upgrade path,if you've got so much cash to throw anyway jsut go with the 8700k
Money!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i get 25-30fps in kavala and 40-60fps elsewhere so im glad that there is a good fps difference 

i get 25-30fps in kavala and 40-60fps elsewhere so im glad that there is a good fps difference 
What's your cpu?

i'm stuck at like 10-20 fps in kavala, 26-30 outside kavala and elsewhere, I've got an i7 4770 3.6ghz

Back