What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Extremly high Ping

Niyorah

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
so yesterday evning i was playing and suddenly got kicked: kick message was network speed doesn't match requirement something something.... 

fair enough, when i tried reconnecting i noticed i had 400+ in ping on the server and some other on arma 3, so i thought someone was downloading, wasn't the case.. sadly...

so what i have tried to do is: restart pc, restart modem, turned off AVG.. and google, non was much help ...

my ping is fine for Fallens A&D so i really dont know what the problem is.. you guys have any suggestions? :)

Edit: tried it on my brothers computer, same ping -  according to speedtest.net i shouldn't be getting high MS (meaning im getting the speed i should)

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to tag some tech people as I have t got a clue. The only things I can suggest would be to turn modem box on and off or contact your service provider but I am guessing @CMO Norman can help

Well I’ll take the real tech guys who might be able to offer more specific advice. However some questions I can ask to make their lives easier.

Where abouts do you live? The further away you live from the UK the higher the ping may be

Do you notice a high ping on our TS as well?

Could there be more subtle uses of bandwidth taking place on your PC or around your house (windows updates, Auto app updates on phones, catchup tv steaming etc)

Well I’ll take the real tech guys who might be able to offer more specific advice. However some questions I can ask to make their lives easier.

Where abouts do you live? The further away you live from the UK the higher the ping may be

Do you notice a high ping on our TS as well?

Could there be more subtle uses of bandwidth taking place on your PC or around your house (windows updates, Auto app updates on phones, catchup tv steaming etc)
so i live in norway, and when this problem happend it is the first time ive had ping issues with this server or anyother for that matter.

my ping was fine, or atleast when i dc'd i was on patrol, and they din't mention i was lagging on TS

and for the last thing, i doubt that, but even if that was the cause, i shouldnt be having 400 ms after 24 hours? considering the updates or whatnot wouldve finished by now.

and i tried restarting the modem 

Update: talked to my internet provider, and the connection seems good. 

ill try and format my PC tonight (no reason why it would work considering my brother has the same ping/issue with the server.)...

so Ping obviously varies from place to place. You can have the fastest connection in the world, but it can still be high ping.

High ping/latency can be caused by anything along the route your traffic takes from norway to the UK where the servers are. For example if your traffic transits through amsterdam (big IX there) and there's a hold up, or bad routing config, or something there you will get a higher ping.

There probably isnt any need to format your pc unless you think both of you have downloaded some kind of malware that's generating a lot of traffic out of both your systems - but then you'd be seeing high ping to more than just the roleplay servers.

if you open up command prompt and send a ping request to the RPUK servers, you can get an idea of the average ping you're experiencing.

at the prompt you can type: ping roleplay.co.uk

and hit enter. This will ping the main rpuk webserver. Similarly you can ping ts.roleplay.co.uk and ping the teamspeak server (assuming it's on a different box otherwise it doesnt matter as much). same with s1.roleplay.co.uk and s2.roleplay.co.uk

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 40ms, Maximum = 47ms, Average = 43ms

Pinging s1.roleplay.co.uk [164.132.203.27] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 164.132.203.27:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Pinging s2.roleplay.co.uk [164.132.201.4] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 164.132.201.4:

@Zeito 

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

@Zeito 
Times out for me too - it's perfectly reasonable for the server to reject ping packets though to stop ping floods as a ddos method.

The last hops I get in a trace end at OVH, a VDS/Dedi server host before they start timing out in their firewalls. So not sure where the block is coming from.

Times out for me too - it's perfectly reasonable for the server to reject ping packets though to stop ping floods as a ddos method.

The last hops I get in a trace end at OVH, a VDS/Dedi server host before they start timing out in their firewalls. So not sure where the block is coming from.
hmm ill try and format my pc hoping in a mircle that will never come -.-

well thanks for the help i do appreciate it :)

Well formatting din't work so hmm gonna try throwing my modem out the window.

• Facepalm
Reactions: M

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

@Zeito 
I had this issue about 9 hours ago, i had it for 2 weeks, id join the server, and immediately get a yellow chain nd get kicked for ping spikes to 2k. I just bought an ethernet cable so im wired now, if you are wireless i suggest switching

I had this issue about 9 hours ago, i had it for 2 weeks, id join the server, and immediately get a yellow chain nd get kicked for ping spikes to 2k. I just bought an ethernet cable so im wired now, if you are wireless i suggest switching
Yes i've tried both cable and wireless neither works sadly... im thinking its either a fault in the modem?? prob not, or that my internet provider is working / doing something that fucks my ping up to most of europe... hopefully it will be sorted automatically but if its not fixed soonish ill request a new modem.

@Niyorah Have you changed the Cable??
have tried changing cable, but seeing as my brother has the same problem with his PC its not a cable issue

also with VPN my ping is normal on RPUK server ( tested yesterday, so ill be playing with VPN) 

but where does the problem lie if i have normal Ping with VPN? my provider?

Back