What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Un-ban Appeal - Grizzly Bear - 10/10/17 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varife

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
In-game Name
Grizzly bear

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
09/07/17

Member of the team that banned you.
Vladic Ka

Reason given for your ban.
1.2 Discrimination

The Server you initially were banned on.
Teamspeak

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I joined a channel to speak with my friend @Jayray Holder when I join the channel I say (directed at jayray)as a joke "what you saying you paki" something along those lines, also in the channel was @Kattana someone I had heard about, but not had the pleasure of meeting.

@Kattana got very upset about this, even though it wasn't directed at him so I just start banting around with him I then realise he isnt the banting around type of guy, he then states he is going to report me. I got a little bit annoyed about it so I say a few things then leave, then roughly about hour or so later I was 1.2'd from the teamspeak. For calling my friend a "paki"

Why should we unban you ?
Because I believe this ban is unjust, because the person who I called a "paki" had no problem with it what so ever, mainly because it was a joke. I can even get jayray to vouch for me on that.

I personally don't see why I was banned for this, when it had nothing to do with the person who reported me.

I understand I've had a few TS bans in the past which I perfectly accept as my fault, but getting banned for "Discrimination" for a little joke with a close friend?

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know wherever I am aloud to comment, so I will and If not just remove it.

Grizzly bear was directing a joke towards me, though said at the wrong time due to it being in the presence of someone else. We have  jokes privately and I'm sure grizzly just forgot that. Me and him do joke about my ethnicity and I do consent to this. It's a joke, it's ment to be taken unrealistically and lightheartedly, it was purely satirical and no harm was ment from it. This is all ill say, as I said remove the comment if I'm not aloud to write this.  

You do realise that ‘Paki’ is a racist term right?

Ive seen the video, if that is how you have ‘banter’ with a player you don’t know so well then you need to reconsider your definition of banter. In my opinion, you were just acting like a dick for the sake of acting like a dick. Why, after your history can would we actually consider unbanning you if that is how you continue to conduct yourself on our services? 

You do realise that ‘Paki’ is a racist term right?
I'm very aware when used in a serious manner it is an extremely offensive comment. But like I mentioned it was between 2 friends that both insult eachother on the regular and I know a lot of people that are friends and as a way banter their mock eachothers ethinc background, appearance and etc there is no malicious intend I mean you yourself have probably joked around with a friend in slightly edgy way before, it's not uncommon but I do agree that it should be done in private so I apologise for that. And I won't slip up like this again.

after your history can would we actually consider unbanning you if that is how you continue to conduct yourself on our services? 
No not at all, if I do have private jokes with people il 100% make sure it is in a private channel, I apologise if the intend came off malicious it was not the intention. 

I hold my hands up about the other stuff, but I personally think this ban was a little harsh. The very defintion of discrimination is "prejudcial treatment" me having a joke with my friend is definitely not that. Neither was it the intention. I'm very sorry for wasting staff time with this, I hope we can put this to bed.

Also I love this community I really hope you can see that I try to support the servers as best as I can, I respect whatever decision you make, but I promise if I am unbanned you will not hear from me in a negative way on teamspeak again.

@Grizzly Bear that just will not be tolerated here ever, If you want to call your friend a racist remark do it outside the community on another network that doesn't have any rules on this.

Anyone caught saying or sending anything racist on our servers will receive a ban, I can see in your flagged PM (you repeated the vile word) with @DjHolyChirst that you do not agree with our rules on this.

I can also assure you that your ban for 1.2 a year ago was not "bullshit aswell", As for "this community is so strict it can be hard not to slip up." i disagree with your statement, you keep breaking very similar rules... how hard is it not to say these similar things on our server/teamspeak or forums ?

Or do you really believe we should allow our members to use racist remarks against each other ? 

Anyone caught saying or sending anything racist on our servers will receive a ban, I can see in your flagged PM (you repeated the vile word) with @DjHolyChirst that you do not agree with our rules on this.
He quite simply asked me what the ban was for so I said this to him “Long story short called my half-Turkish friend on teamspeak a “paki” cause that’s just how we banter, then somebody else in the channel reported me for it and I got banned” I then go on to say that I do not agree with the ban as it was a joke and the person who reported me wasn’t the person it was directed at. So that was taken completely out of context, of course you need a rule for discrimination but I was referring to my situation as “bullshit” not the rule it’s self.

I can also assure you that your ban for 1.2 a year ago was not "bullshit aswell",
My ban from a year ago was perfectly deserved and I have learnt from that.

As for "this community is so strict it can be hard not to slip up." i disagree with your statement, you keep breaking very similar rules... how hard is it not to say these similar things on our server/teamspeak or forums ?
It isn’t hard, but I just had one slip up and I apologise for that. Since my last teamsprak ban I hadn’t done anything along those lines. But because I was joking around with a friend I didn’t think much of it at the time.

Or do you really believe we should allow our members to use racist remarks against each other ? 
Of course not. I was just simply saying it was a joke between friends with no malicious intent.

@Grizzly Bear

The situation is one you put yourself in, I do not want to see or hear about another situation where you've called someone something on our network, It really isn't hard just stop it! If you want to use a racist remark against someone ( not sure why anyone would ) then do it outside our walls.

Other than that so far apart from this your ban record is clean, You just need to stop running your mouth on RPUK especially with vile words, the next one will come with full restrictions and based on the situation might not be appeal-able.

Unbanned

@Grizzly Bear

The situation is one you put yourself in, I do not want to see or hear about another situation where you've called someone something on our network, It really isn't hard just stop it! If you want to use a racist remark against someone ( not sure why anyone would ) then do it outside our walls.

Other than that so far apart from this your ban record is clean, You just need to stop running your mouth on RPUK especially with vile words, the next one will come with full restrictions and based on the situation might not be appeal-able.

Unbanned
Thank you so much, I won't let you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back