What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Windows Change from 8.1 to 10 Pro?

As the title says i am interested to change my windows from 8.1 to 10 Pro and i still not sure if i should do that. My pc is pretty bad with a athlon x4 860k and 960 oc 4gb and its also bottleneck. I am playing on arma everything on lowest and i have the colours almost at black and white for some more fps. I've heard from other friends that windows helps sometimes with fps as its more optimized. . If somebody has more experience and information about this make sure to leave a comment bellow for me, Thanks !

• Sad
Reactions: Ant
With your current CPU i would not even use windows 8, id personally use windows 7 home premium. 

Why would you do that? If you could give me a few reasons maybe i will do it and test it maybe it will run better.
Less background processes, older so it's easier to run. It's a solid OS. 

I mean I'm bias I think any windows about 7 is shit 

I run Windows 10 and I really cannot tell the difference performance wise between 8 and 10 so I cannot say it would help but it might 

Last edited by a moderator:
You should switch to win 10 simply based on the fact that windows 8 is fucking rank!

Arma 3 is really CPU intensive Your card is getting bottlenecked due to your CPU i would look at possible upgrading your CPU to an i5 and then downloading Windows 10.

Changing your View distance and Objects can also have an effect on your FPS and make sure you have Shadows low.

I run a;
i5 7600k 3.7ghz (Stock)
Gtx 1060 3gb (stock)
4gbx2/8gbCorsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz (current clock is 2133mhz)

I get stable 60 on Highsetting all dependant on my Viewing distance/Objects i also keep my shadows on standard 

Back