What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

My pcs problem

Bankser

My pc was working fine for a while then I left it idle for a few months and the other day I tryed to power it up and I just got a no signal sign on the tv. So I took out the ram and switched the ram around and sometimes it would come in but it would never get past that start up screen.

if anyone knows what I can do to fix this problem and get playing again.

Run it through a basic check of all systems.

- Boot with Integrated graphics with no GPU

- Try using 1 ram stick vs the 2.

- Try switching the channels they are in.

-If you getting no post at all its the cpu most likely. 

-Try booting from another OS such as ubuntu if the screen is getting through the bios but not any further. 

Just a few quick thoughts that might help you out. Also dont go fiddling around your case / pc without it being grounded to something if you go fucking around with your ram and your fingers all over the motherboard i wouldnt be suprised if something has gone to shit.

Run it through a basic check of all systems.

- Boot with Integrated graphics with no GPU

- Try using 1 ram stick vs the 2.

- Try switching the channels they are in.

-If you getting no post at all its the cpu most likely. 

-Try booting from another OS such as ubuntu if the screen is getting through the bios but not any further. 

Just a few quick thoughts that might help you out. Also dont go fiddling around your case / pc without it being grounded to something if you go fucking around with your ram and your fingers all over the motherboard i wouldnt be suprised if something has gone to shit.
Thanks I'll try a them and see the outcome 

My pc was working fine for a while then I left it idle for a few months and the other day I tryed to power it up and I just got a no signal sign on the tv. So I took out the ram and switched the ram around and sometimes it would come in but it would never get past that start up screen.

if anyone knows what I can do to fix this problem and get playing again.
Had the same problem mate. Check your thermal paste on your CPU. Maybe it's dried off. I had a similar problem where my thermal paste had boiled off!

Back