What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Upgrading my rig

Albiston

Banned
I'm thinking about upgrading my pc rig but unsure if it would fit together and all be compatable with eachother. I've looked into it all but would like another opinion as I am always wrong most the time with my computer.

The build will be:

MOBO - z270 a pro

CPU - i5-7600k

CPU Cooler - ARCTIC Freezer Xtreme Rev.2

GPU - asus turbo 1060 6gb

RAM - 8gb ddr4 hyperX fury

Case - Cosair spec-01

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be a good combination, only i recommend you to take a look at 16gb RAM. I swear it will improve your system.

What's your current specs?

But from what I can see it looks pretty decent :) the only thing is the 16bg of ram but that was already mentioned so yeah, looks nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
my current specs are:

MOBO - Gigabyte Z97P-D3

CPU - i5-4460

CPU Cooler - stock intel

GPU - asus turbo 1060 6gb

RAM - 4gb ddr3 hyperX fury 8gb crucial 

Case - Cosair spec-01

I would just say upgrade your CPU to the max your motherboard will allow, not sure if that's the i7 4770k or the 4790k. 

Yeah, upgrade your cpu to 4790k, not really worth the money youre going to spend from what you already have

Hey buddy,

Looks good! I'd consider dropping the 1060 down to a 970 - slightly cheaper, less cores, less RAM but depending on exact manufacturer of 970 you'll prob see very similar performance... could spend the money you saved on 16Gb RAM rather than the 8Gb.

(I've not checked GPU pricing in a couple of months, so things might have changed but worth checking out!)

Overall, if you are upgrading bit by bit I would always recommend: PSU (so you have a good power baseline to work from), then SSD, Graphics Card, CPU cooling, then the big one... find a CPU, Mobo and RAM combo deal

After that it's just cosmetics and case fans, but I have run my rig on my test bench with 2 desk fans blowing through it before (rather than case fans) and it's been fine! :)

Back