What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Constant Blue Screen.

Creedd

Unlinked
So I keep getting random Blue Screen and I have no clue what is wrong, as does everybody else I have asked. Tom told me to put this Pastebin (https://pastebin.com/d3e1T5uJ) in here as it may be some help to someone who knows what they are talking about. I would appreciate the help.

@Zeito

I’m going to assume by that log that it’s a hardware issue, try unplugging component like RAM sticks one by one, then GPU.

Make sure you’re running the most updated version of OS, if it started after an update then then revert it back to before

If you have multiple drives it can be the drive the OS is not installed on that's causing issues, also doublecheck all plugs and wires connected to the motherboard to see if one of them might be loose.

So I keep getting random Blue Screen and I have no clue what is wrong, as does everybody else I have asked. Tom told me to put this Pastebin (https://pastebin.com/d3e1T5uJ) in here as it may be some help to someone who knows what they are talking about. I would appreciate the help.

@Zeito
OS? PC Specs? Is the PC overclocked?

Try the RAM test by using a single stick of ram at a time. Alternatively download UBCD, burn it to a usb drive and run MemTest86+ on all the sticks of ram.

Use a utility like speccy and monitor your CPU temperature. Use a tool like CPU-Z to monitor CPU vCore value.

WHEA errors are generally caused by an error generated in the CPU, by overlocking/overheating/overvolting.

I had this issue a long time ago, used to get lots of different Blue Screen Errors all the time one of my RAM Sticks were corrupted and after doing a MemTest I knew it for sure and it was as simple as replacing it.

WHEA errors are generally caused by an error generated in the CPU, by overlocking/overheating/overvolting.
@Creedd I had a chat to a mate today who had the exact error code on his machine a few months back and then did some more googling. What Zeito says is spot on from what I've established (not that I'd expect anything less).

My mate had overheating issues because he fucked up his thermal paste. I'd suggest your first job Creed would be to get some software to test your hardware temperatures and check you haven't got any overheating. Give me a shout regarding recommended temps if you'd like.  I'd recommend Open Hardware Monitor for temps and CPUZ to push your machine up to capacity with their benchmarking tool (if you haven't got multi monitors and don't want to keep tabbing out to see what happens).

Give that a go and report back.

Done some benchmarking with Creed, CPU temperature issue. Benchmarking the CPU consistently causes the bluescreen. Looking into that further now but seems like we know what the problem is now.

*When you knew the issue but was too late to the thread to help*

I always know when I have fucked up an overclock when you get that screen.

Back