What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Names of the fallen to be read

Albiston

Banned
I believe that we should read out the names of the people who sacrificed their lives for our better wellbeing. By this I mean if anyone reading this wants a family members name to be read out who fought and died in a war, at the ceremony, they should comment their name bellow and a few minutes before the silence the names should be read out.

I really hope that there isn't any troll names because that would ruin the event and be disrespectful to the fallen.

I believe this to be an admirable idea. I like it a lot, however the execution of it might be difficult. For one the amount of names (I myself can already name 3 people) that would be on the list and the risk of troll names of course.

I would like to make a different offer instead that I hope you will consider. The poem I will post below is a very famous poem written in 1919 about the first World War. It describes the trenches and the poppy which was the only flower that grew in the area where there was heavy fighting and would grow on the graves of the soldiers. This also resulted in the remembrance poppy now. I was thinking we do a reading of this poem in honor of all those loved and lost in war.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
  That mark our place; and in the sky
  The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead.   Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
  Loved and were loved, and now we lie
      In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
  The torch; be yours to hold it high.
  If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
      In Flanders fields.

I hope you will consider this idea.

I believe this to be an admirable idea. I like it a lot, however the execution of it might be difficult. For one the amount of names (I myself can already name 3 people) that would be on the list and the risk of troll names of course.

I would like to make a different offer instead that I hope you will consider. The poem I will post below is a very famous poem written in 1919 about the first World War. It describes the trenches and the poppy which was the only flower that grew in the area where there was heavy fighting and would grow on the graves of the soldiers. This also resulted in the remembrance poppy now. I was thinking we do a reading of this poem in honor of all those loved and lost in war.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
  That mark our place; and in the sky
  The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead.   Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
  Loved and were loved, and now we lie
      In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
  The torch; be yours to hold it high.
  If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
      In Flanders fields.

I hope you will consider this idea.
yeah, in flanders fields is a popular war poem, i like this idea.

Would be nice to have 120 people all lined up in Kavala square in suits (posted in another topic) or something smart where we have no gunshots everyone is friendly and the above poem read out and then the last post played. at the end of the day, we are who we are because of people who lay down there life for us to sit around on our arse and play PC games, the least we can do is remember them for one day a year and all be civil for 30 minutes :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love 'In Flanders field' poem I myself was thinking about that before I posted about the names of fallen. As it was your suggestion I believe you should read the poem out if u are able to attend the event.

@Nalurah can you try and make sure we will be able to talk this time as last time @DCC Coozer, @Curley and myself had some trouble in speaking due to the server not letting us since there was too many people

Actually wasn't last year, was the last time we had a minutes silence for the London/Manc attacks I think @Nalurah

Norman, you are correct!

Also if it does to putting the names of the fallen I have one myself to add :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't have to be just the dead all though it mainly is. It is those who gave up their lives or put their lives on the front lines so that we can have freedom today. 

Back