What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Football Manager 2018

Khandamir

Currently residing in Los Santos
Anyone plays? Wanna share some tactics, screenshots? Currently struggling to get used to the vanilla skin while I wait for the skin I used on FM2017 to be made again (Vitrex dark)..

Just finished an amazing 2 season run with NAC Breda on FM 2017, applied as unemployed manager with expectations to avoid relegation, only to win the title twice in a row and make it to Europa League semi finals in second season. Used a striker-less tactic relying on 3 shadow strikers and wing backs. Just done re-making it in FM 2018 to see how it fares, but I am currently doubting what team to manage. I usually start unemployed and make my way up, but the unemployed teams at the start of the game are not appealing at all unfortunately.

Who should I play... =D

Considering buying the game but last one I played was FM2015. Would you recommend it? I'm fairly casual when it comes to FM and I heard 2017 was extremely hard compared to previous games which discouraged me from buying it. Is 2018 any different?

@CI Xkan Haven't played it enough to be able to tell you that.. But in my humble opinion, the game is as hard as you want it to be. If you are not getting into it enough to actually sit there with a note pad taking notes during matches to improve tactics, you can just download some and tweak them a bit. It's all about the attitude and the goals you set for yourself and how much patience and failing you can cope with =P. And every new version usually takes no more than a few hours to get used to. It doesn't change that much over the years =).

The game also comes with a Touch version since a few years, which is basically the game but then limited a bit. Less things to worry about, quicker gameplay etc. Maybe that's a good thing if you prefer more casual playing? I haven't played that yet so don't know what it's like =P

Probably buy it, always knew a few people played but not enough to want to play a tournament, but I'm always down to smash you dutchies

After owning every FM since 2011 and before championship manager, I am done this year! ... last year I struggled to play it if i am honest, its just been the same game for many years now rebranded with tiny feature updates.

Not for me anymore just dont find it fun!

After owning every FM since 2011 and before championship manager, I am done this year! ... last year I struggled to play it if i am honest, its just been the same game for many years now rebranded with tiny feature updates.

Not for me anymore just dont find it fun!
New scouting revamp is nice, but yeah, this is my last FM, not enough changes to keep me entertained, and the UI is fucking awful.

Back