What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Recording Ingame

Hey Guys, 

Ive been involved in way too many RDM and Failrp situations and lost a lot of gear in the process. its time to record all in-game activities because its just ridiculous.

any idea on good recording softwards that wont lag that can be run constantly and is simple to use OR a software that you can hit record and it records like a few minutes before to save recording all the time.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards iggy,

+1 I would use plays.tv but it gives my arma  " referenced memory error"  on startup, i have to start my plays.tv after arma in order for it to work so i use the windows dvr, works fine for me and doesnt effect frames.
Windows dvr absolutely destroys my FPS. your talking about WINDOWS KEY + G ? makes my tears extra salty rogue ;)

If you have Nvidia then use shadowplay as it does not affect me very much at least only by a few frames while set at a 5 minute past record. (You can change how much it records from the past) Great for not having to have tons of recordings saved and have to wipe them when they are useless and taking up space.

Plays TV +1 - It's free and easy to use. Records as soon as you load your game up but it doesn't record when you tab out.

nVidia = ShadowPlay w/ instant reply feature

ATI/AMD Card = Raptr

3rd PArty Tools include OBS, Plays.TV etc.

I'm done with the game because of it. I can't be arsed to record every minute when i'm playing around 4 - 5 hours a day bro. I've finished with the game because of it, you can't make a game great when it's up to the behaviour of people to do so. Will never, ever happen.

I'm done with the game because of it. I can't be arsed to record every minute when i'm playing around 4 - 5 hours a day bro. I've finished with the game because of it, you can't make a game great when it's up to the behaviour of people to do so. Will never, ever happen.
With plays.tv and shadowplay you are not recording hours of footage. Just press a button and it will record the last 5 - 15 minutes.

With plays.tv and shadowplay you are not recording hours of footage. Just press a button and it will record the last 5 - 15 minutes.
with plays.tv there is a option to override older recordings when you reach a limit(which you set you self) i got mine put in 12 gb abd it can record 6 hours without overriding.

I just use OBS dose not drop frames at all which is really good. If you have a second pc recorded on that as you will have no frame drop x

+1 for shadow play if you have it, it's simple and can record the last 5,10 mins etc with the press of a button. Plays tv in my opinion uses more resources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, you could always just use OBS! It uses almost no CPU power, and is extremely easy to setup how you want. It is normally used for streaming, but is very useful in other ways. I use it to record gameplay incase of any foul play or comp. Hope you figure it out!

I use OBS Replay buffer great feature doesn't affect my FPS (Set to 10 minutes). I was using Shadowplay but when I saved the clip it made my game lag for 10 minutes

Back