What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

RoleplayUK Launcher

Tadworth

In the shadows
Dev Team
rplogo.png

RoleplayUK Launcher

Quite a while ago now (only a few "oldies" will remember) RoleplayUK (AltisLifeUK at the time) had its own launcher, capable of downloading the now-defunct modpack and connecting our players directly to our servers without any of the hassle of using the in-game server browser. I'm currently in the process of developing a new launcher with a whole host of new features to improve the RoleplayUK experience and am willing to open the project to the public at this (relatively early) stage of development.

Planned Features
Obviously, I'm very open to suggestions, so if you've got any please comment them below and I'll add them to the below list if I feel they're fitting for the project!

• Pre-download and install mission files before entering the server to avoid having to use the (extremely slow) in-game downloader.
  • Connect a PlayerID to your launcher and view in-game stats before entering, as well as various different badges/achievements relating to your in-game character.
  • An in-game overlay that connects seamlessly with your client while on our servers.
  • tracking and monitoring your playtime on our servers and tracking your stats as you play and rewarding you with both in-game items/currency and achievements.
  • Join our all our servers with the OneClick joining system.
  • A dashboard with the latest RoleplayUK News items and featured posts from our forums.
How you can help
Anybody can help with the development of this project, by suggesting ideas for the launcher, offering your skills in the development team, testing the launcher when it reaches alpha/beta stages, or one for everybody by providing some of your favourite quotes from our members to be displayed on the loading screen (simply type them as a reply to this topic), and if you're lucky, you'll be featured.

Some sneak previews of features and the launcher will be provided in due time, and if anybody has any questions feel free to send me a message on the forums, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

cwkSyAd.png

Are you planning to bring back the custom weapon skins etc.? I know when there was an ALUK launcher, anyone who used it viewed the P07 taser as an actual taser skin.

Add in a queue, last launcher didn’t have one so I ended up just having the mods enabled in the regular game and spamming to get in. I think it’s safe to say that everyone has a enter key that has become thinner and thinner the more we play.

Please add add the black Mk20’s and tasers again too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds cool! I'm gonna download it when it comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some stuff with the stats page be fixed first?

Can some stuff with the stats page be fixed first?
The launcher and the stats page are two different projects, Seeing the stats page is not as important and is online and functional with nothing broken that is game changing then the launcher project is the priority.

I think that a donation button should be on the launcher and a list of latest donators like on the forum 

Its very impressive to see how you guys manage to maintain the stamina required to keep delivering new exciting features to us. Now, on to a suggestion;

If we look at how to include new members to the community, quite often the TS access seems to be a barrier for some (not all) new players. Would it be possible to upgrade the TS sercurity via the launcher? A script that opens TS and improves the security rating? Explaning it in OOC in-game is not always as easy as it may sound, especially if there's the slightest language barrier. Hopefully, the new members on TS will get an even better understanding of the immersive community they could become part of if they take a step closer. 

The launcher and the stats page are two different projects, Seeing the stats page is not as important and is online and functional with nothing broken that is game changing then the launcher project is the priority.
Ah ok that’s fair enough. :)

I was just wondering since Tadworth is the main developer for the current stats page & now this, if there is plans to update the stats page with the latest information (UNMC ranks up to 13, RTU rank, Airborne & DMU Rank) and make the leaderboards page public again. 

Back