What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

New PC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kech

The King
So normally I can figure out whats what and normally people come to me for advice when it comes to PC's but this time round I'm sat here not knowing what the hell is going on haha.

Issue:

New PC turns on fine, everything works all is well (done tests, all connections are in and fixed, everything is new).

After I've woken up in the morning having turned the computer off for the night something very odd happens, the PC turns on but the boot sequence doesn't "begin" it just sits there on, screens black (after a min they turn themselves off), no internal lights but all fans spinning. Only way to turn off is to hold the Power button until off.

How I fix this:

I turn the little switch off on the PSU and pull out the PSU to Mains cable and wait till the power has been fully drained, after doing this I reinsert the Power cable, turn the little switch on and press the main power button and bingo, everything is running (all fans are a go, CPU heat-sink lights are on, boot sequence starts.)

Odd right? been looking online for the past few days but can't find anything related (or i'm just blind (more than likely)). I've checked all the connections and sockets etc but it still happens.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of issue? Have a feeling something somewhere might not but fully connected 🤔

So normally I can figure out whats what and normally people come to me for advice when it comes to PC's but this time round I'm sat here not knowing what the hell is going on haha.

Issue:

New PC turns on fine, everything works all is well (done tests, all connections are in and fixed, everything is new).

After I've woken up in the morning having turned the computer off for the night something very odd happens, the PC turns on but the boot sequence doesn't "begin" it just sits there on, screens black (after a min they turn themselves off), no internal lights but all fans spinning. Only way to turn off is to hold the Power button until off.

How I fix this:

I turn the little switch off on the PSU and pull out the PSU to Mains cable and wait till the power has been fully drained, after doing this I reinsert the Power cable, turn the little switch on and press the main power button and bingo, everything is running (all fans are a go, CPU heat-sink lights are on, boot sequence starts.)

Odd right? been looking online for the past few days but can't find anything related (or i'm just blind (more than likely)). I've checked all the connections and sockets etc but it still happens.

Anyone have any experience with this kind of issue? Have a feeling something somewhere might not but fully connected 
1f914.png
If something wasn't connected, it wouldnt boot up at all.

What os are you running? Win 10? Have you disabled Fastboot? Fastboot puts your pc into more of a 'deep sleep' state rather than off. Sounds like yours is potentially not coming out of this state correctly.

Type Control Panel in the search box.

Click Control Panel.

Click Power Options.

Click Choose what the power buttons do.

Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.

Click Save changes.

See if that works.

@Zeito I'll give that a go, yes win 10, at the moment I'm checking the standoffs but I'll get back to you once I've disabled fast boot 

@Zeito I'll give that a go, yes win 10, at the moment I'm checking the standoffs but I'll get back to you once I've disabled fast boot 
Can you give me the full specs of the machine as well? Is it laptop or desktop? How many screens if a desktop - and are both plugged into the GPU? 

i7 7700k 

AIO cooling 

asus strix Z270H

GTX 960 (for now) 

SSD

HDD 

desktop 2 screens both in GPU

@Zeito

Don't know if it will help but try taking the battery out, wait like 5 minutes and put it back on, should reset BIOS, don't remember that well.

Do you have another bootable drive you could try? Or is it booting from the correct drive

I can reset fine, it boots fine, by bios display so you mean the prompt at the start to enter bios settings? If so I don't think it appears when I reset (will get back to you on that) @Zeito

@Zeito the prompt for bios comes up apon reset

I've been told that if something was wrong the component would beep. It could also be a hard drive problem. Go to bios and then boot sequence and see if it can read te hard drive. If you hear the beep please tell me as I can ask my brother again

@Kech try reiseating the graphics card most likely a problem with the gpu as it is not displaying a picture

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I haven't updated this but issue has been fixed. 

RAM slots where the issue and the cause of the problems if anyone else has an issue like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back