What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Connection Problems With The RPUK Servers

ShadowDirector

[President] Johnathan Jones
Staff Team
Greetings to all...

I have been on the Server a while now and have always had a bit of an issue staying on the Server, the issue got worse with the recent Updates. I Ping has bad lag spikes here and there causing me to get removed from the Game and from what I am told it states i do not meet the Speed Requirements. I have indeed spoken to my internet provider about this issue and they have sent me a New Box [Hub] for my Net to hopefully solve the Issue. The new Hub has changed nothing. I was wondering is there anything I can do to help improve my connection? [I am Wireless Currently]

-Kind Regards

(SOS) Gen. Faheem

xmrQXpG.png

cK0obf1.png

General Faheem

Greetings to all...

I have been on the Server a while now and have always had a bit of an issue staying on the Server, the issue got worse with the recent Updates. I Ping has bad lag spikes here and there causing me to get removed from the Game and from what I am told it states i do not meet the Speed Requirements. I have indeed spoken to my internet provider about this issue and they have sent me a New Box [Hub] for my Net to hopefully solve the Issue. The new Hub has changed nothing. I was wondering is there anything I can do to help improve my connection? [I am Wireless Currently]

-Kind Regards

(SOS) Gen. Faheem

xmrQXpG.png

cK0obf1.png

General Faheem
WiFi should be fine in majority of cases. I use Wifi at the moment and I generally dont have many issues.

What sort of wifi are you using? Is it 802.11ac, dual band? This would give you upto 300mbps wifi bandwidth. If you're on an older wifi standard, you might not get as good speeds, particularly if you're using 802.11b/g/n which is limited to the (very over crowded) 2.4GHz spectrum. 802.11ac works over 2.4 or 5Ghz wireless bands offering higher speed. 2.4GHz is also used for things like Bluetooth, garage door openers, Microwave ovens can emit 2.4Ghz radiation, not to mention every other wireless device in and near your home.

If you're on 802.11b/g/n you might find that switching the 'channel' you're on can help if you move to a less crowded channel. For example: Imagine the radio channel is like a teamspeak room. If there are lots of people on that channel and 2 of you are having a conversation, it's going to be harder to hear each other when talking over everyone else having their own conversations. You might have in slower bursts so you can both hear each other. But if you're on ac wifi, then not only do you now have double the number of rooms to have your conversation in, there are much less people talking in these rooms, so you can have your conversation quicker and easier. 

Bit of a simplified explanation but it should get the point across.

Who is your ISP? How 'fast' is your internet connection? What country are you connecting from? Who else is using your internet connection at the same time?

For example: On my PC I get approx 140mbps wifi connectivity to my router downstairs. From there I have a 200mbit down / 10mbit up internet connection. I don't have many issues with ping when it comes to games and servers. 

There are many factors to latency, it could be your wifi as explained above, it could be your internet connection just isnt very fast, it could be that if you're outside of the UK, then you're also having to cover a longer round-trip, which slows you down and add latency.

@Samatlewis hope that doesnt disappoint :p

@Zeito can you run my apprenticeship in IT please? 100% I’ve just learned 10x more reading that than I do in a 2 hour session..
Only if your apprenticship is ficused and geared towards helpdesk support and hardware/software troubleshooting :p There's so much more to IT and what I don't know could fill several warehouses.

Back