What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Is Ryzen good enough for arma 3 gaming? ;)

I had another topic up the other day because I was looking for some more information for some CPU's. At the end of the day I decided to go for the Ryzen 5 1600 since this is what the most forums say aslong you can't affort a i7. I order Ryzen 5 1600 with a B350 mobo and 8 GB for now Balistik. I am playing currently Arma 3 on everything High with 40-50 fps outside cities and in Kavala around 20-30. Its a really big difference from FX 4130 to Ryzen 5 1600 with the same GPU. If anybody is looking for a budget CPU that will be still good in about 4 years I would definitely recommend you to get this CPU. Since you also have more cores and threads than a Intel CPU for the price it doesn't matter how many monitor you got you can still multitask without to lose more than 3 fps.

I have ryzen 3 1200 and RX 560 graphics runs 50-60 single player 30- 40 multiplayer on very high high seetings

On my i7-6700K @ 4GHz with 32GB RAM i have on everything maxed out in Kavala +- 30 FPS,outside about 50 and while in singleplayer i have over 120.

Legit fucking hate you

I've told you what is good and what is not good, i explained to you that AMD is shit for arma and quite a few games xD ffs listen man

• Haha
Reactions: DJ
On my regular (ryzen 5 1600) I get around 40-60 fps ( on high) but on my other (ryzen 7 1700x) I usualy get 60+ fps
why tf did u get a 1700x mate get a 1700 overclock it to 4.6 and its basically a 1800x

Legit fucking hate you

I've told you what is good and what is not good, i explained to you that AMD is shit for arma and quite a few games xD ffs listen man
+1

CONC:

Get a i5 7600k or a i3 8350k, coz Im a intel fanboy and have only ever had bad experiences with Arma and AMD cpus

If you got money I will still recommend you to go for the intel i5 8400 coffee lake but it was not on my budget sadly. It needs the z370 mobo that is pretty expensive. I am more than happy with this cpu since it performace better than any other for the price. Could definitely recommend it !

I would save up for an intel core processor in your place, it's a lot more effective and it will probably last longer too. 

-Kempt

Back