What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Help me pls

Ok....... I’ll re install windows and see what happens from that if that dose t work I’ll get a new hard drive

Try booting in safe mode if you can get that far

Dont forget you’ll want to format the drive if you’re going for a full system wipe

Oh god the replies. I can't even.

Ok, assuming this is Windows 10. First off, if you have the installation media or can create installation media you have the option of trying a repair before going for a full wipe / reinstall.

Alternatively, you can boot into a live OS installed on a USB or other media to copy out any important files to a USB device before formatting if you choose to go down that route.

Finally, I highly doubt you have a failing drive simply due to the fact this happened during a Windows update.

Please let me know if you need any further explanation or assistance with any of this.

- Marc

Oh god the replies. I can't even.

Ok, assuming this is Windows 10. First off, if you have the installation media or can create installation media you have the option of trying a repair before going for a full wipe / reinstall.

Alternatively, you can boot into a live OS installed on a USB or other media to copy out any important files to a USB device before formatting if you choose to go down that route.

Finally, I highly doubt you have a failing drive simply due to the fact this happened during a Windows update.

Please let me know if you need any further explanation or assistance with any of this.

- Marc
I have had this problem my self and it turned out that my hardrive was corrupt :'/ Even tho @INS Freddie i would listen do mister marc as i have a prebuild XD

I have had this problem my self and it turned out that my hardrive was corrupt :'/ Even tho @INS Freddie i would listen do mister marc as i have a prebuild XD
Yeah not saying it's impossible, just generally unlikely. A quick S.M.A.R.T check should determine if this is likely to be drive failure.

If this is just a corrupt update (which I suspect), it's likely that it can be fixed with some recovery media.

- Marc

Thanks for the help everyone.. proabaly going to get a new copy of windows 10 tommorw and reinstall it :D

If your PC turned off mid-update windows would have become corrupt. You might be able to reinstall without wipe but sadly I doubt it. There are some programs you can use to fetch some data. But it depends on how bad it is.

Back