What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Sonos One Alexa Spotify command issue

Samatlewis

Where are the Eggplants?
Right so I got a new Sonos one speaker for Christmas and it has Alexa built in, I would very muchly like to utilise the voice commands to say "Alexa play playlist 3" etc, or "Alexa play Red Hot Chilli Peppers on Spotify" however she doesn't work.

The sonos set up in my house was created by my father, therefore the sonos account is his email address. MY Spotify premium has already been configured on the Sonos app, therefore whenever we stream music anywhere in the house it uses my Spotify, no issue.

My original issue was that Alexa wouldn't let me use voice commands because i needed to link my premium account through the Alexa app. Originally I signed in through MY amazon account and tried to set it as the default streaming service, but this option was completely greyed out so I gave up.

I am now signed in to Amazon on my dads Amazon account, which has now allowed me to add Spotify as the default music service. My problem is that even with my premium account linked, I still cannot utilise the voice commands because "link your premium account first using the Alexa app".

Hurdles and fucking roundabouts right here, it's been winding me up. The Sonos forums/Alexa forums are pretty naff for actual help other than spewing the same shit from the companies themselves, so i wanted to know if anyone else here has experienced this sort of problem and if they know how to fix it?

I have also disabled the Sonos skill and re-added it, using my dads account on the Alexa app to no avail.

Since removing all devices from Alexa and readding them, the Sonos One now shows as "offline" however still registers its Sonos name.(Basically by design on Alexa it registers the device twice, one as a service for Alexa and the other as the actual Sonos)

@Zeito @CMO Marc Smith i'm not sure if smart devices like these are particularly your forte's but i think you're worth the tag!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one of them, I say "Alexa...open Spotify and  Play *Playlist* or *Chart*". Sonos has a few streaming services, deezer i have had no issues with and spotify i have had no issues with. I linked Spotify with Sonos app and not with the alexa app. Didn't have to do that for some reason.

Try Alexa >> Sonos >> Spotify. If Sonos can connect to spotify. I see no reason why Alexa should be connected to spotify if Sonos can do it.

Back