What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

pc specs worth buying??

970 and that chip is waste

min i would recommend is an i5 4690k - its a decent OC Chip

CPU: As mentioned by those over, dont go for i3. While its ofcourse fully possible to play on a i3 chip, its not very suitable for Arma 3, as this game is heavily CPU-based. If you plan to play Arma 3 alot, or any of the bigger games for that matter, you will not regret upping it to at least i5, i7 if you got the money for it, but i5 is more bang for the bucks. 

Motherboard: I personally dislike MSI. I use MSI myself, and I've had lots of driver problems. This might just be for my specific motherboard, as its designed for overclocking enthusiasts. If I were to buy a new MB I would personally go for ASUS, but I see no problems with the one you picked.

RAM: Fair, IF you ever plan to upgade with 2 more brick up to 16GB. If you dont plan to get more RAM, I would suggest getting 4x2GB, it will generally preform better. Remember, you have 4 RAM slots on that motherboard, fill them up. But hey, you probably wont notice the difference unless you do heavy editing etc. 

GPU: Nah mate, go for a GTX1060 3GB or 6GB. They are both cheaper than the one you picked and even preforms better, let me explain..

On the sources I found, the GTX970 has a best bench of 75% and a worst of 50%. Now thats the base that we will compare the other two with.

The GTX1060 3GB has a overall +5% preformance, with a best bench of 73% and a worst bench of 62%. Yes, it has 2% lower best bench, but 12% better worst bench. Overall you will benefit from that.

The GTX1060 6GB on the other hand has a +12% preformance, with a best bench of 79% and a worst bench of 65%. Much better overall, and as I said, its still cheaper than the GTX970 you picked.

Hope this helped a little. 😄

I was gonna upgrade to an i7 4770k but can't seem to find an lga 1150 motherboard that's actually decent 

An i3 8350k is a descent CPU, it now has 4 cores and 4 threads so that means its on par with a 6000 series i5. Also because its the newest gen it means you get the new gen performance which helps alot in arma.

You can't really say if the CPU is worth it if you don't give us any kind of information to start like . For what do you need your computer? Gaming , Rendering , steaming. And btw as many people have stated the 970 is not worth it to get. Give us some more information what you wanna do with that computer so we can help you a bit more!

You can't really say if the CPU is worth it if you don't give us any kind of information to start like . For what do you need your computer? Gaming , Rendering , steaming. And btw as many people have stated the 970 is not worth it to get. Give us some more information what you wanna do with that computer so we can help you a bit more!
all i need a new cpu really for gaming and all i really want it for is some of the newer games and also better performance in arma. i am currently running an fx 6300 with a 970 and i guess it is alright for gaming but in arma that is a different story aha i cant even get 30fps 

just get i5 instead of i3, i3 is very old generation and probably wont run arma3 very good.

Stay away from that i3, an i3 wouldn’t work as well with a GTX 970. You might as well purchase an i5.

Last edited by a moderator:
If its only the cheap ( CPU ) I would recommend you to go with the i5 8400 . Its 8th generation from Intel and have 6 cores and threads. The best you can get for the price but sadly you will need to give around 100-130 euros because you need to get for a Z370 motherboards otherwise it wouldn't work. Or if you want either go for the i5 8600k 8th generation aswell. This would be my recommendation.

Back