What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Darter Meeting Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalurah

It was quite a challenge to get a group like this together that represents a varied community like ours. Also if I had a pound for all the people who said it would just be a shitfest I would be the richest hobo on the island now.

Thanks to Kech's stream those who weren't invited could still listen which sparked a lively debate in its chat.

First of all thank you to everyone for helping set this meeting up and participating in a mature and respectful manner.

The meeting notes, kindly provided by Curley, can be read here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WnbYaZ6zAgl2pJoyFj0RpSU3CxMzSUZ4TszXYGZOGkQ/edit

During the meeting there was a vote. The options that could be voted for were:

1. Change nothing
2. Remove thermals
3. Remove the AI so the darter can only be controlled when in the terminal.
4. Remove darters completely

Results:
1. 9 votes
2. 10 votes
3. 9 votes
4. 11 votes (1 more vote added because of a gang leader who was a little late to the meeting)

A discussion has been had after the meeting (because we sure do love meetings) about a possible compromise. We have come to the conclusion that removing darters would be too drastic. So at the midnight restart some changes will be made to the darters.

I know we can never please everyone with our decisions however I hope all of you appreciate the steps we took as a staff/management team to listen to everyone and find a compromise in an ongoing problem. We are open to community feedback that is constructive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, actually if you think about it, remove thermals, and disable AI is NOT a vote to remove them, its a vote to keep them but change them :)

Just thought it would be useful to add for everyone: As of 21:19, the community (well, everyone that received the poll) also thought removing darters completely would be a good idea.

View attachment 8503
A public strawpoll should NEVER be taken seriously. It's really easy to go on tor browser or on a free VPN website and vote 10 times. 

Seems like a bit to much effort to fix a community meeting poll. This isn't the general elections..
For people who play for this on over a year and want to win it's not that much effort to take 2 minutes to get 10 votes.

Good to see this is finally getting looked into, however can we please be made aware of what these changes actually are? 

Good to see this is finally getting looked into, however can we please be made aware of what these changes actually are? 

At the end of the day,even with these "nerfs", it will be abused anyway. Everything always gets abused.
For both of the above, the changes will be in the changelog when they're implemented, also I wouldn't judge the nerfs until they've actually been added.

A public strawpoll should NEVER be taken seriously. It's really easy to go on tor browser or on a free VPN website and vote 10 times. 
That's precisely why its an opinion poll 

Remove them and use thermal helicopters like tarus and hellcats. lets be real if we were to look into the NPAS timesheet i am almost certain no1 would of used it in awhile 

🤓

[SIZE=11pt]With the latest ‘AR-2 Darter’ [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Nerf[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] several of its functions were disabled (Th[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]ermal, Follow the operator function). Which makes this device pretty much useless. If you expect Law Enforcement to use India 99 (Hellcat) instead, then we should also have a discussion about the current price of the ‘[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]Stealth[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Uniform’ for Rebels/UNMC. Because they are pretty common these days, and it needs to be justifiable to have two less Officers on the ground. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt](50K Thermal Suit, 80-100K Ghillie should be increased to something higher)[/SIZE]

As far as I can remember it was almost near impossible to find people who are willing to fly the India 99 Aircraft back in the day, why do we think this is going to change now? Police is always fighting an uphill battle against Rebels/UNMC, due to the fact that we have to respond to situation, which means Rebels/UNMC have a huge reconnaissance advantage over Law Enforcement.

I would rather suggest removing the ‘Auto-tracking’ feature and disable the way-point system (Auto-flying from point A to B), this feature also pretty much ‘Bugged’ every single time.. What about keeping the Thermals and ‘Follow Operator’ feature, because AR-2 Darters are slow anyway and are in most situation out of place? Just some thoughts…   Ronald Strauss

God forbid anyone in the police is aloud to have fun. This was a fuckin farce of a meeting the rebels had no valid points they were crushed at every turn with facts and evidence and who still suffers the cops. Their only point was cops had 20 darters out one time my mate has a screenshot. Can we see the screenshot no he doesnt have it anymore. The meeting should never have happened in the first place just because a couple of people got salty because they couldn't win a bank op with 30+ people. Literally ruined any trust I had in the management of this community to come to this decision based off a couple of salty rebels. Next you will be having meetings to see if we should have our rubber bullets taken away. The fact the thermals and the AI was disabled u would have been as well as disabling the lot since i can literally look out the window of my MH-9 when I fly over a hill its just now a flying camera. 

Don’t throw your toys out @Sassy

valid points:

- darter thermals provide too big of an advantage

- tracking a vehicle even when losing sight of it is overpowered

- having a mobile camera following you is also overpowered (can’t be taken hostage) 

- there is no real control on how many darters are up at one time

- It’s free

- plenty of viable alternatives to the darter such as the I-99. (Oh but then they have two officers who are 1.5 km up and can’t roleplay. You don’t use a darter to roleplay either, it’s for gunfights primarily)

could probably go on ;)

p.s I read about 30-40 man bank ops being a reason for needing darters a couple of times now, out of curiosity. How often does that happen? 

Don’t throw your toys out @Sassy

valid points:

- darter thermals provide too big of an advantage

- tracking a vehicle even when losing sight of it is overpowered

- having a mobile camera following you is also overpowered (can’t be taken hostage) 

- there is no real control on how many darters are up at one time

- It’s free

- plenty of viable alternatives to the darter such as the I-99. (Oh but then they have two officers who are 1.5 km up and can’t roleplay. You don’t use a darter to roleplay either, it’s for gunfights primarily)

could probably go on ;)
We would have happily limited the darters to certain people but instead nah lets just get rid of them they were never too overpowered you have non thermal uniforms and choose not to use them. I could completely understand getting rid of the AI but the thermals is just taking the piss Yoco you were the worst when you were a cop for using darters.

in my opinion this is so stupid why get rid of the Thermals, just cos rebels think its overpowered when they were never overpowered they cant go that fast so rebels would be able to get a way quickly if they had a car, would understand removing AI but the thermals were useful like, they could have just removed the AI & Tracking instead if removing Thermals.............

Cheapest thermal uniform is 9.5k,helmet is 5k,thats 14.5k just to make yourself invisible for thermals. Thats fucking cheap. Removing thermals was a bad move. If rebels are complaining that they doesn´t need to earn money anymore and they want new stuff to spend $ added ,why they won´t be able to pay just 14.5k for clothing? Doesn´t makes any sense at all.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Ant
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back