What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Malwarebytes

Jayray Holder

Commissar
Alright lads

So i keep scanning my PC with Malwarebytes and it keeps coming up that there's a PUP, i quarantine it, get rid of it and then restart my PC, i redo the scan and the same PUP is on my computer.

I have noticed that every time i quarantine the PUP that my google closes completely, obviously i can just reopen it and use it as normal, was thinking could malwarebytes think that my google is a virus or something? 

Any advice would be great. 

Do you have any extensions? Maybe they could be the problem.

I believe google creates temporary files when you have browsed, or are browsing with it. Malwarebytes thinks that it is a junk PUP, (Potentially Unwanted Programme), temporary file that has been placed there and is either useless or thinks it might be a harmful file. The message you get shouldn't say that it is 'critical' to quarantine it, it should say recommended or something along those lines. Google chrome will close if you quarantine the items as they are files that google need temporarily to run on your computer. Nothing to be worried of. Other PUP that are not linked back to google chrome, then you might want to quarantine them!

Press "win key" + "R" and then type "%temp%" in the box that pops up, delete all thats in that folder and then re scan, ive had an issue before where something was being detected in that folder.

better yet post a screenshot of the quarantine window showing the name and path of the PUP.

Back