What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Dispatches

Leonidas Honore

I know I don't speak for all of us, but a good number of police are continually frustrated by the vagueness of police dispatches. I only ask that civs when sending in a police dispatch include ALL relevant information so we can respond effectvely. Examples: Location the crime happened, what exactly happened, name of victim(s), name of criminal(s), what the criminal(s) were driving, which way they went, how many criminals are involved, etc. I for one have made it a habit to NOT respond to dispatches that don't include enough information for me to respond. Ex: "Help", "Help, my friend has been robbed", "My car has been stolen", etc. Please, i beg you, before you hit send, think to yourself : "Have I included enough information to allow the officer to respond quickly and effectively?"

---PC Leonidas Honore [EA653]

didnt even realise cops responded to these, the amount of times ive gave a detailed one md wanted rp nd saw no one come ahahaha 

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt even realise cops responded to these, the amount of times ive gave a detailed one md wanted rp nd saw no one come ahahaha 
Sadly, almost at ANY point of the day, we are busy dealing with at least 1 of the following:

• RBA Treasury Robberies / Stragglers annoying the alarm / RP Robberies
  • RBA International Reserve Robberies / Stragglers annoying the alarm / RP Robberies
  • Officers being Kidnapped
  • Officers being Shot / Killed
  • Officers being Spiked / Rebel checkpointed
  • Fuel Station Robberies / RP Robberies
I'm not complaining, its what we sign up for obviously, If you want some good roleplay with the Police, hang around Kavala Green Zone, theres occasionally a Foxtrot unit on the Beat, they'll happily indulge in some RP.

Then again, you probably already know this... /Shrug

Max: Guy down at XYZ

Me: Hello sir, my name is Haemisch and I am a Doctor with the NHS. Thank you for letting us know. If possible and without causing further injury can you help the patient into a more safer position and provide them with fluids as and when they are required. We will be with you as soon as possible.

Max: no i fucking cant now get here u autist

....omw, Max, omw...

i used to go to them then it was usually bait so i stopped last one i went to was actually with @IDKTBH when he took a hobo hostage at oil trader towers and he got 50k and in return we got a song 

Why isn’t ‘help’ enough?

the text comes with a grid reference so you know where to respond too, and a civ in immediate danger isn’t gonna write you a lovely little essay. 

So how about you change your habits, and respond no matter how un-detailed. Particularly as new players (who would most need your help) won’t be writing too much for you. 

Why isn’t ‘help’ enough?
“Help” doesn’t really help anyone, ATLEAST a brief description of what’s happening “help 2 robbers in red sport car” etc somewhat helps the police to prioritise the calls or for the minimum, know what they’re responding to..

Alrhough, you can always reply to their original message and ask for more information, let them know you’re responding etc.

Did we not had that topic somewere with all the worst dispatches? 

I remember some were verry umm.. creative

name of victim(s), name of criminal(s)
It isn't that easy to find out this information without metaing. I mean you could find the name of the victim easier, but the criminal wouldn't give you your name.

It happened to me a few times when I was suddenly added to the PNC with a crime that only the victim has witnessed.

I fully understand your frustration with dispatches that goes like "Help", "I've been taken hostage", "My car has been stolen" and etc. But please look at this from the other side aswell, allow me to explain...

When I'm on as civilian: I try to write the dispatches as realistic as possile, like if they were an actual 999 call. I rarely write dispatches but when I do, I do them detailed. But you know why I rarely do dispatches? Because police rarely responds, so I do not see the reason to spend a few minutes writing an actual good dispatch. All honor to those few officers that do reply and respond to dispatches, but these are in the minority. You talk about that civs should do more detailed dispatches and you basically say that you get dissapointed in these non-detailed ones. But, have you ever considered how dissapointing and frustrating it is for us civilians that actually spend time writing dispatches, just to wait and never get a response? I'm not saying you in special dont reply or respond to them, but the police force in general.

Statistics: (These are just top of my head and not documented statistics, so they are not accurate. Please note, this is out from what I have experienced and what others that I play with or meet and talk to have experienced)

• If the dispatch is about needing help down at one of the stations, for various reasons ranging from pure roleplay reasons to delivering a criminal, and everything inbetween, three out of twenty times police is likely to respond or even reply. Sure enough, if the police is busy with an operation/situation it is fully understandable. But it is very frustrating when I after 10-15 minutes have waited down at the station just have to just drop it and drive away, just to find three to four officers litterally sitting in Kavala square, with only one or two of the officers actually talking to whoever they are talking to. Could not the other officers that just sit there like a mute just drive or walk down to the station and deal with the discpatch?
  • If the dispatch is about calling in any illegal activities, six out of twenty times police is likely to respond or even reply.
  • If the dispatch is about calling in gunfights etc, four out of ten times police is likely to show up.
Bottom line, police have alot to learn from NHS, who is very good at responding to dispatches, wether its notifying that it will take some time to respond or that they are on their way, they usually respond to dispatches that I've sent in. Also, in patrol cars there should be two or more officers. Could not the passenger open, read and reply to dispatches? And when I say reply, i mean reply even if they are responding or not, just so that the one that sent the dispatch dont have to wait a long while for no police to show up. If the dispatch has too little information, i.e "Help" etc, then reply and say that you need more information. Most people who send these dispatches is new and does not know better. At least they try, at least they use the dispatch function. But if they do not get a response/reply, would not that NOT encourage them to do it more? They will just end up not using dispatches again, cause they know its to no use.

When I'm on as police: Over a year ago, back when I was DSGT, responding to dispatches was still a problem, but more officers read and responded/replied to them, I noticed this when I played as civilian back then. The statistics looked alot better. Now I'm in the police again, as a PCSO, and I have to say I'm abit dissapointed in the officers I've been on patrol with. Dont get me wrong, I've been on alot of patrols with great officers, but on the other hand, many officers have expressed their view on dispatches, wether they are detailed or not. I've been sitting in the passanger seat and read the dispatch to them, some either did not care about it, some said that we would not deal with it, some was hones and said they could not be arsed to deal with it, and some officers rather wanted to drive to the other side of the island and deal with a gunfight/drugbust or whatever when we litterally was in the same city as from where the dispatch came from, most of which we were too late to cause it was too far. Do you see my point?

The reason for my long and on-the-edge reply is because I get quite frustrated when I see a post like this, complaining about the quality of dispatches and saying that if the dispatch is detailed you will respond, when the fact is the police rarely responds, even on detailed dispatches. It's quite the slap in the face for me, when I actually use time and effort into writing dispatches.

Dear Sonder, I fear you have been misinformed. In one of the past Police Meetings it was said that Police do respond to said dispatches in the actual game, the actual issue is that the Officers would not reply to the dispatch providing contact the the Victim. Now more and more Police reply, but I can assure you that if you send in a dispatch and there is patrolling unit in your vicinity the "Statistics" that they would come and assist you are very high.

PS: Please don't get frustrated with someone who is just trying to make something better for things that other people in his faction have done, remember one person can not represent the whole faction.

Dear Sonder, I fear you have been misinformed. In one of the past Police Meetings it was said that Police do respond to said dispatches in the actual game, the actual issue is that the Officers would not reply to the dispatch providing contact the the Victim.
As I clearly stated in my reply, this is out from my experience, so I fear that I have not been misinformed, because this is what I have experienced. Just a few days ago, me and two others drove to the Kavala station for some reason, I sent a detailed dispatch and we waited for 10 minutes. Within those 10 minutes two police officers spawned and walked by us. When we asked for them to help, they just told us there was a situation going on and they speeded off. We waited for another 7-10 minutes before giving up.

Now more and more Police reply, but I can assure you that if you send in a dispatch and there is patrolling unit in your vicinity the "Statistics" that they would come and assist you are very high.
Hm, not really mate. If you read my whole reply you'd see I talked about this. Again, this it out from MY experience.

Honestly I'm just glad to see the conversation this has started. To be honest though, i've been on several patrols lately and other officers have complained about similar issues. For me personally, as long as you give me a minimal amount of information, i at least send a reply and have on occasion been none to request additional info. My original post wasn't meant as a demand, rather, more of a suggestion to get people talking. The first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one.

Honestly I'm just glad to see the conversation this has started. To be honest though, i've been on several patrols lately and other officers have complained about similar issues. For me personally, as long as you give me a minimal amount of information, i at least send a reply and have on occasion been none to request additional info. My original post wasn't meant as a demand, rather, more of a suggestion to get people talking. The first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one.
Indeed it is a problem, both ways. And I'm glad you brought it up. I too get frustrated over the short, almost one-worded dispatches, but as I desperatly tried to put forward in my first reply it goes both ways. All in all I just wanted to say "why should the one writing the dispatch bother to write a detailed essay, when he most likely wont get a response", which is from my experience, as one that replied to my post seems to not have understood. 

My initial response was not ment to offend anyone, and if anyone does take offense by it, I really think that he/she needs to rethink it. As for the issue itself;

• More civilians needs to use more time on the dispatches, so the officers have more to go on. "Help" is not enough.
  • Police needs to be better at responding to dispatches, or just give a reply if they are responding or not.

Indeed it is a problem, both ways. And I'm glad you brought it up. I too get frustrated over the short, almost one-worded dispatches, but as I desperatly tried to put forward in my first reply it goes both ways. All in all I just wanted to say "why should the one writing the dispatch bother to write a detailed essay, when he most likely wont get a response", which is from my experience, as one that replied to my post seems to not have understood. 

My initial response was not ment to offend anyone, and if anyone does take offense by it, I really think that he/she needs to rethink it. As for the issue itself;

• More civilians needs to use more time on the dispatches, so the officers have more to go on. "Help" is not enough.
  • Police needs to be better at responding to dispatches, or just give a reply if they are responding or not.
I totally agree on both points, it would encourage better quality rp and help both sides that way

I know I don't speak for all of us, but a good number of police are continually frustrated by the vagueness of police dispatches. I only ask that civs when sending in a police dispatch include ALL relevant information so we can respond effectvely. Examples: Location the crime happened, what exactly happened, name of victim(s), name of criminal(s), what the criminal(s) were driving, which way they went, how many criminals are involved, etc. I for one have made it a habit to NOT respond to dispatches that don't include enough information for me to respond. Ex: "Help", "Help, my friend has been robbed", "My car has been stolen", etc. Please, i beg you, before you hit send, think to yourself : "Have I included enough information to allow the officer to respond quickly and effectively?"

---PC Leonidas Honore [EA653]
Can we even tell the names of the people who did it? Is that not FailRP unless we ask them in which case they most likely won't tell us.

Back