What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Add a blanket rule under Fail Driving to prevent criminals from throwing cars off the pier.

Anonymous Monkey

GDPR Removed
In the current state of the server, and I'm sure most if not ALL officers could agree, that at least 50% of pursuits result in the vehicle being driven off the Del Perro Pier and directly into the sea. Now I have a couple of points about this to bring up to staff:

1 - Doing this can be collaborated with exploiting. People can put their illegal goodies inside of the glove box of the vehicle before throwing it into the sea, making it impossible for the police to recover / search.

2 - It's just not realistic? When do people IRL lob their cars into the sea to get away from a speeding charge? It's boring and dumb.

This suggestion is going to seem as though I'm complaining about the choice of criminals on the server, but to be honest, I don't disagree as I am.

Throwing a car into the sea is boring for police and almost impossible to actually catch the criminal after.

I will say, MPO is there for this reason really but there is much more fun ways of doing things such as jumping into the sea rather than just throwing your car in.

Thanks, please leave opinions below!

+1

IMO, it should already fall under fail driving. No sane person would intentionally drive 100mph off a cliff/pier to dispose of a car. 

+1

IMO, it should already fall under fail driving. No sane person would intentionally drive 100mph off a cliff/pier to dispose of a car. 
Completely agree, it needs to be more 'publicized' to not do it. OR just place a barrier at the end of the pier to stop it. But people will always find other ways and places.

+1

"(G1.8) Fail Driving - Unrealistic driving is not permitted. Unrealistic driving is defined as performing unrealistic stunt jumps, driving off the side of cliffs/highways and driving on like nothing happened..."

It's not a stretch to say this would also apply to piers given how stupid and dangerous it actually would be. Such an extreme thing to do for just disposing of a car too in my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 If people really want to jump of piers just get out the car first and afterwards jump off instead of fully ramming it into water its dumb

+1 watched a few police chase videos and never see people send cars into the sea.

I also don't play cop but imagine this can have an effect on immersion of a chase and ruin the fun for the person chasing. 

Similarly to driving off the many GTA 'stunt jumps', sending your car into the ocean from Del Perro Pier is also 'Fail Driving' and covered by the rule already. 
It makes absolutely no sense in RP to do so, and those who simply gets out and swim away, are not role playing properly as they would surely have sustained injuries in doing so. 

*Before anyone tries to be clever, same goes from any other pier or similar circumstance...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back