What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Burglary Feature

Colin Forester

Forgive me I am not the most articulate person when trying to put my ideas across but i shall give it a go.

I have been trying to come-up with some interesting ideas that could benefit the server and increase the role playing opportunity's.

One of the ideas I thought would be a cool addition to the server is NPC burglary's.

The way i think it would work is there would be a Black Market npc / Pawn Shop npc where players would be able to start a burglary on a local's house (NOT PLAYER OWNED) whereby the NPC

would give the address along with a list of items he requires from said address. The player would go to the address  and break in by using the standard functions as per regular

(LOCKPICK, DRILL, ADVANCED DRILL). The burglary missions will be randomly generated and cover all different economic backgrounds meaning sometimes it will be a mansion with high value

loot (TO AN EXTENT NOT GAME BREAKING VALUE) and sometimes low value in flats or rough areas.

Upon breaking into the address will trigger a burglar alarm. The burglar alarm will sound after an allotted amount of time. The high value properties will likely have better alarms where for example

the player only has 4 minuets before it sounds where as the poor'er properties will have a lower quality alarm giving the player longer to search the property for the specific items or possibly

it might not have an alarm at all. 

When the alarm timer hits (0) an automated dispatch is sent to the police of a (BURGLARY IN PROGRESS/INTRUDERS ON)  who will then attend and try to catch the player in the act of just miss

them if they flee the scene before police arrival. I believe this will add more diversity of police jobs than the regular banks and grocery store call outs. Burglarys are common in real life and I believe

it will make the city feel more in tune with the regular trouble a community faces. It will diversify police arrests as they could arrest for (GOING EQUIPED, BURGLARY & AGRIVATED BURGLARY)

depending if the players have weapons on them or are caught before or during the burglary.

If the player is is successful collecting the required items from the address and manages to evade the police he can return to the blackmarket or pawn shop dealer to sell the stolen goods. This 

idea can be expanded on in numerous ways. The npc dealer could send the player to commercial property (NOT PLAYER OWNED) to steal a selected vehicle he is after by breaking into a 

vehicle warehouse/lockup where the same alarm system apply's like the residential burglary's. Once the player steals the car and evaded the police the vehicle is to be taken to the

(SCRAP YARD) that is soon to be introduced where the owner takes a 10% cut from the player from selling the vehicle. This would create extra business for the scrapyard and encourage further

RP. 

Once the player levels up the (NPC DEALER) they will be able to trigger a high value car or burglary mission where it would considerably harder to steal successfully. For example there could be

a vehicle at a mansion that is owned by a gang where it will have npc security around it 24/7. The player would have to get a team together and arm themselfs to expect heavy resistance. The

high end burglarys/vehicles will go for a higher price at the NPC dealer/scrapyard.

There is more to this idea but i feel like it is already a bit wordy as it is and am willing to talk about it further. It is only a suggestion i think would be cool in theory so be nice :3 and tell em what you think in the comments. 

Thanks for the suggestion

We will look into an implementation of this.

Moving to Accepted

Dev ref: #595

Brief Summary:

You can break into houses and you can buy crowbars, lockpicks all that stuff, or you could bust the door down and immediately alert the cops

Detailed Suggestion:

Each entry utility has their pros and cons such as the crowbar is quick and efficent but will probably wake up the tenants, but the lockpick is slow but quiet and busting down the door is very fast but always alerts police immediately.

The Pros:

A new crime that people can commit = more fun police encounters. Another option for making money

The Cons:

I think this would be difficult to implement into the server that's my only con but hey what do I know

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No

Last edited by a moderator:
While I do like the idea of a burglary option, I don't agree it should be on player properties. I don't think you are suggesting it is player properties, but thought I'd throw that in just in case.

Any roleplay scenario that would impact you (that I can think of) requires you to be there involved - ie a robbery, assault, kidnapping. Your house being broken into would perhaps see you not being online and being victim? You're then powerless to do anything. The house is the only place you can store what you own except on your person. I just feel unless it took a long time, was extremely difficult, it would become very OP.

My personal suggestion is to have houses that aren't player houses but are otherwise similar. You can enter them in a similar way to ringing doorbells and being invited in - except you are required to lockpick into the address or maybe brute force entry. When you enter the house there would be furniture of different value which you can go up to and pickup - smaller items end up in your inventory and larger ones may need carrying. You then procede to exit the house with item and then store it in a vehicle or run with it. This item is then taken to a pawn broker or similar and you get money in return.

There could be a scale of reward vs complexity. Easier houses to break into have a lower value of items. You try getting into houses with higher level of security could see higher reward (ie jewellery), or further elements such as safes (like you get in shops) that slow you down. These could be alarmed which alert the police or may have more complex minigames for security - eg like the banks have a code system to access the vault, you may want to try disarming the alarm with a failure triggering it. 

I think it should require a decent amount of time to complete still so there is still a reasonable risk of being caught.

I like the idea but I 100% agree with @JasonO

My personal suggestion is to have houses that aren't player houses but are otherwise similar.
I also think that it shouldn't be player houses. Even when players are online people rarely sit in their houses for long (long enough for a robbery). Robbing player houses would become incredibly powerful as you can only own one and cannot place 'additional protection' so to speak, for the items inside. 
However, robbing local's houses I think is a great idea. I love the crime side of the city, but it does get a little boring sometimes and I think another option for something to rob would be great. To add to Jason's suggestion of lower/higher-end houses/loot there could also be districts that have different loot amounts. E.g Vinewood would be known for having better loot but more security and places such as Forum Drive would be known for lower security but generally underwhelming loot (enough to make it worth the time though).

Good idea, +1

Further for reason to support it.

Consideration that time is required to develop this - however it incorporates systems that already exist within the game.

You have the housing system that would just need changing to faciliate furniture being placed and means of having items stored within those items (ie you would have to search cupboards, cabinets, boxes, draws etc for items). The items should be randomly placed and randomly in existence. 

Items to be added to the inventory system. Only if you wish to add 'carrying' items would this be a new part to develop I believe. Should you wish to drop this item it showing as the item as opposed to a cardboard box. New items could be added and I don't think new items being added would be too diffuclt.

Security panels and safes already exist.

Pawn broker would just work like any other shop mechanic.

Of course, not saying it's a straight forward case of putting A and B together and that's job done but at least many elements do exist elsewhere.

Back