What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Chamber of Commerce Agent

Gordon2

On A Spiritual Pilgrimage
Investor
Los Santos Police
I believe that implementing players into the CoC to augment the CoC command structure would be a positive change and create more interest in business ownership as well as increase the amount of active role-player owned businesses. Now I know the initial knee jerk reaction may be “Absolutely not, regular players can’t be trusted to fairly regulate the businesses in the city” and to that I say, you’re absolutely right! Which is why I don’t propose that players actually gain any sort of functionality from this role. It’s a roleplay position, and requires people who are dedicated to roleplay, the community, and don’t mind a little paperwork (a lot of paperwork). I believe the addition of these non-staff roleplayers into the CoC would bolster a RP Faction with a large amount of potential that currently as being Staff Only causes shortfalls due to the immense responsibilities of Staff elsewhere.

I suggest that a Chamber of Commerce Agent (Working title) be created. These would be regular players who operate under the authority of the CoC Leadership (Staff). They do not gain access to any Staff Level CoC functions for reasons stated prior. The primary responsibility of a CoC Agent would be the initial contact stage of prospective buyers (Helping staff weed through those nonsense buy offers) and facilitating the initial stages of paperwork, communication between required entities such as buyer - CoC - seller. There is a lot of roleplay potential for this type of role. They could be expanded in responsibility to include ensuring businesses are following proper regulations (Such as Dealerships not selling to banned drivers). Ultimately if I listed every potential idea, you’d be reading all night.

I like the idea! I will admit the first 5 months or so running our motel we werent even sure if CoC existed as we had never seen a CoC member haha, My concern with the idea is it could just dilute the issue more and instead of now a CoC member coming to speak to you when theyre free theres now another line of waiting as they sort through "COC agent" paperwork ontop of dispatches which from what ive heard they are regularly swamped with. While it would be great for more rp especially for new business owners just getting that initial first connection with the COc a big issue aswell i could see happening is "COC Agents" Over promising, unintentionally giving false information as theyre not staff so they dont have the same OOC info on whats happening with businesses at the time ect.

I like the idea! I will admit the first 5 months or so running our motel we werent even sure if CoC existed as we had never seen a CoC member haha, My concern with the idea is it could just dilute the issue more and instead of now a CoC member coming to speak to you when theyre free theres now another line of waiting as they sort through "COC agent" paperwork ontop of dispatches which from what ive heard they are regularly swamped with. While it would be great for more rp especially for new business owners just getting that initial first connection with the COc a big issue aswell i could see happening is "COC Agents" Over promising, unintentionally giving false information as theyre not staff so they dont have the same OOC info on whats happening with businesses at the time ect.
I like to pitch it like this, is a doctor the first person you see when you're sick? Usually no, a nurse takes your vitals, starts paperwork, and collects information. They compile all that for the doctor and the doctor goes "Yup you've got a cold, or nope you're fine". That's essentially what I'm pitching.

I can see the spirit behind this suggestion but it seems the staff team like to take a very active role in steering the server balance and given this it doesn't really make sense that the CoC would have regular players doing anything of much import, I feel like it would end up as them being a point of contact that ends up flooding the people who actually do things with more stuff to get through.]

all i can suggest for now is to just apply for staff, i can't comment on the intricasies on "this might get acccepted" or "this might not" as it's not my place to decide(despite what some people might think)

apply for staff, get accepted(easier said than done i know) and hmu, we'll figure something out for ya

Back