What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Crackdown on QUALITY OF ROLEPLAY!

RichieRichUK

Banned
Hi!

I feel a Major Crackdown on Roleplay all over. Since joining the police 2 months ago I feel week after week the roleplay has been becoming worse. This is not just the criminal side, the police side as well. It makes it a lot less enjoyable when its not SERIOUS ROLEPLAY. I have been in the community for about 3 years and the Roleplay defiantly has gone down hill in my opinion. 

1. This could be done by being less lenient. 

2. Mass warnings/ban spree on repeated offenders over a certain period being more harsh than normal. 1 MONTH OPERATION Ran by staff like the police have operations. 

3. Longer cool-downs on rulebreaks on repeated offenders which runs in the FBS(fair ban system).

4. Remove Trolls and get more stricter on baiting/loitering.

5. HIGHER QUALITY ROLEPLAY

In my opinion it is not everyone. Its like a downward spiral when others see others getting away with stuff they follow. 

Thanks to everyone that provides high-quality and good roleplay as-well.

I would like to say thanks you to all the staff members that put there free time into the server. Always feel you lot are doing a great job. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't agree more to this. When i came onto the fivem Server in early of 2021 the roleplay felt extraordinary. Gangs actually roleplayed and played a great and vital part to the server as did the police. Now it just feels like a deathmatch server most the time. People are only bothered about frags and the portion of actual people who actually play a character and contribute to keeping roleplay high is very very low now. Just feels like a run of the mill public Altis Life server now

I've really struggled with the motivation to play recently to be honest because it feels like either on Crim you're cuffed asap without any decent RP or a chase from a shop alarm for example, and on police you're just hounded by people driving like tits to catch your attention or being attacked for a traffic stop.

I'll hold my hands up and say I'm trying my best to learn how to roleplay and it can be difficult at times so I think an understanding that people aren't as good as others at RP needs to be there. 

The trolling, baiting needs to stop though and the stop drop and kill robberies. I'd much rather as a cop be taken somewhere and toyed with rather than the 30 second robberies as it gives us some enjoyment.

Before I get started, this will consist of my own opinion, first from before I got staff, and then after I got staff, and does therefore not reflect the opinion of the staff team.

Having been apart of this community for 5.5 years, closing in on the 6, I've been part of various stages of the quality of RP. The RP on Arma was outstanding when I first started to play, and as the years progressed and the more routined roleplayers left, the quality of the RP decreased. 

It's the same with FiveM. The fewer players on the server, the better the RP. You can't expect 300+ players to roleplay to the same standard, as those who's dedicated to the term "roleplay". I've experienced both good and bad RP. I always try and promote good RP, since it send a message to everyone else, whether that be on my cop or crim character. 

I think the general issue, which has always been the case, is the win mentality will increase as more and more players start playing. The few ones, who have a extreme case of win mentality will spread it to those around them, who might be easily influencable, and then it's like a plaque we can't stop. Therefore, those who join to have fun and, not just the pissing around kind, is those whom we should try and keep ahold of, since they spread the message we all want to know. That RPUK is a place, where you can join and have fun. 

After I got staff, I saw a different side of the roleplay. Most of the time, the bad roleplay is experienced, which for some happen far and wide between, and for others all the time. However, the imporant thing to note, and this is something I've told myself multiple times is, don't let those bad scenarios influence the way you play, and the way you act towards others. Try and look for the good roleplay scenarios, and leave the shitty ones alone. Don't get me wrong, they will find you eventually, however, if you've experienced a tiny bit of good RP every blue moon, that takes a lot of bad RP to weigh it out. 

In regards to your points, they're all a valid solution to the issue, however, not nescessarily the best solution to it. As staff, it's not just about kicking or banning people, we prioritise to educate rather than punish. Most of the time, it's newer players who might struggle to understand the term roleplay, and those are the ones whom we care about. If you've been here for a year already, then it's a different story, since you're fully aware of the term roleplay. 

I understand we all joined to experience serious roleplay without the applying aspect, however, you must also realise it's a public server, where people try roleplay for the first time. The more they play, and the more they experience, the more their character will evolve and so will they. However, the term serious roleplay is also  loose one. Because, you must find the balance between it being a game and real life. We try and replicate real life laws, cars, etc, however, it's all down to the player, when it comes to how they wish to use those tools provided. 

I agree with this aswell. I have noticed a very big dip in the wuality of RP. I have been on the server around 2 years now and across various charcters have seen a massive dip in the Rp. NHS became a dumping ground. While dealing with someone you would have an injured person just dumped on you. No-one really wants to RP with the police. When the last wave of bans went out the RP massively improved towards everyone. nowadays all anyone wants to do is have shootouts and police chases although realistically you arent going to run from the police every single time there is a police car behind pulling you over. 

I highly agree with the points made and think something needs to be done to try and improve the RP.

Before I get started, this will consist of my own opinion, first from before I got staff, and then after I got staff, and does therefore not reflect the opinion of the staff team.

Having been apart of this community for 5.5 years, closing in on the 6, I've been part of various stages of the quality of RP. The RP on Arma was outstanding when I first started to play, and as the years progressed and the more routined roleplayers left, the quality of the RP decreased. 

It's the same with FiveM. The fewer players on the server, the better the RP. You can't expect 300+ players to roleplay to the same standard, as those who's dedicated to the term "roleplay". I've experienced both good and bad RP. I always try and promote good RP, since it send a message to everyone else, whether that be on my cop or crim character. 

I think the general issue, which has always been the case, is the win mentality will increase as more and more players start playing. The few ones, who have a extreme case of win mentality will spread it to those around them, who might be easily influencable, and then it's like a plaque we can't stop. Therefore, those who join to have fun and, not just the pissing around kind, is those whom we should try and keep ahold of, since they spread the message we all want to know. That RPUK is a place, where you can join and have fun. 

After I got staff, I saw a different side of the roleplay. Most of the time, the bad roleplay is experienced, which for some happen far and wide between, and for others all the time. However, the imporant thing to note, and this is something I've told myself multiple times is, don't let those bad scenarios influence the way you play, and the way you act towards others. Try and look for the good roleplay scenarios, and leave the shitty ones alone. Don't get me wrong, they will find you eventually, however, if you've experienced a tiny bit of good RP every blue moon, that takes a lot of bad RP to weigh it out. 

In regards to your points, they're all a valid solution to the issue, however, not nescessarily the best solution to it. As staff, it's not just about kicking or banning people, we prioritise to educate rather than punish. Most of the time, it's newer players who might struggle to understand the term roleplay, and those are the ones whom we care about. If you've been here for a year already, then it's a different story, since you're fully aware of the term roleplay. 

I understand we all joined to experience serious roleplay without the applying aspect, however, you must also realise it's a public server, where people try roleplay for the first time. The more they play, and the more they experience, the more their character will evolve and so will they. However, the term serious roleplay is also  loose one. Because, you must find the balance between it being a game and real life. We try and replicate real life laws, cars, etc, however, it's all down to the player, when it comes to how they wish to use those tools provided. 
I agree with you on this I dont let the bad situations influeance my game but it does become mentally draininig when you have more bad interactions that good one. But i do get where youre coming from on this. I always try to give the best RP possible and i definitely know that theres always something i can improve on. but i always try to give the best RP possible

The main thing from this and the comments is trying to get rid of this win mentality.

The amount of these RPUK Gang videos where players have ultra low graphics 4:3 stretched no shadows options set up for 200 fps with a big fuck off crosshair gives me no faith you are there to roleplay and just there to get frags. 

Accepting you don't always win honestly makes RP so fun, Vlad is missing fingers and a tongue  because I took the L once lmao.

The main thing from this and the comments is trying to get rid of this win mentality.

The amount of these RPUK Gang videos where players have ultra low graphics 4:3 stretched no shadows options set up for 200 fps with a big fuck off crosshair gives me no faith you are there to roleplay and just there to get frags. 

Accepting you don't always win honestly makes RP so fun, Vlad is missing fingers and a tongue  because I took the L once lmao.
wasnt even aware it's like that. The quality of RP has always been a rat tail. staff says as long as the ones are not reported, there cant be something done about it. But in the end you need to report like every day at least one. THen there come the baldies that are also contributing to it. 

Every single person who does that would be better off out the community Imo once the population went above 150 This started happening more

I really do agree with this, and of course people who breaks rules or provide shitty RP, with no desire to learn to be better, doesn’t have a place here.
However, when that is said, it isn’t enough to “punish” bad behavior; you also have to encourage good behavior.

Make sure you recommend people that you have good experiences with, or even just let them know in /ooc or message them on discord. Kind words and encouragement for their efforts goes a long way!
Also adding more perks that doesn’t have anything to do with “status” or who is friends with who, but boils down to good consistent RP, would be super cool.

Another thing is a shift in people’s mindsets.
So many people just stand around in the same spot, talk to the same people and grind the same jobs, and then complain that “nothing happens” or “no good rp”. Instead of thinking “How can –I- create RP today, not just for me, but for other people?”.

Yeah, I guess what I’m saying is, punishing bad behavior isn’t enough, we have to encourage and reward good behavior as well.
And all of us have to be better at thinking outside the box to create RP for ourselves and others on the daily.

thing is alot of people do good roleplay but dont get noticed enough also given when alot of people get away with such poor rp its kinda monkey see monkey do recently i do find alot of officers aint roleplaying as officers and more or less acting as gang members which again makes it hard for alot of crims given that alot of police are given alot of benefits and are not been cracked down on if you get me plus alot of people are bored you can only really roleplay so much with out it being repeated over  

Give the gangs more to do 

stop gang wars happening all at once 

Who ever is in charge of the police dev updates take a holiday you have done enough jesus get the crim update out the sock draw blow the dust off and get it rolling.

To many robbery's at smeltery and mines needs to stop 

Police behaving like gangs rubbish roleplay scrapping cars for window tints it just goes on needs to chill.

Going round robbing just for guns with 0 RP also needs to chill makes it boring.

Back in the day Wars were not started over a fart so why get to this now. 

Give the gangs more to do 
i'm sure that's what the crim update is gonna give you

stop gang wars happening all at once 
don't disagree, but don't agree either, i do believe some form of rules should be put in place for the whole gang war stuff

Who ever is in charge of the police dev updates take a holiday you have done enough jesus get the crim update out the sock draw blow the dust off and get it rolling.
if you don't want police to get a update we might aswell scrap the crim update, police needs to be able to combat what you gangs get, if we don't get anything in said update it wouldn't make sense

To many robbery's at smeltery and mines needs to stop
try and RP a reason, or figure out a solution yourself and make a suggestion

Police behaving like gangs rubbish roleplay scrapping cars for window tints it just goes on needs to chill.
polcom are trying to improve the seriousness of police, it's still a game so we can't expect them to go full on robocop(nor do we want that)
we also don't scrap cars for window tints, if they got scrapped there was probably a different reason.

I have to disagree on that one but we can leave that comment on here for others to make an opinion but us gangs have nothing compared to what the police have, our vehicles get scrapped if involved in a shootout. The helmets you can pull out anytime you want and now talks of you getting a vehicle that never breaks down? It’s bizarre like a black hawk or RAF fighter jet is not enough against shot guns and rifles. But again it’s up for debate, Iv always said I need to experience what the police do so I may be wrong and only see one side of the story. 

i think a second new server should be made one with different coding to make is easier to dev or a copy but fresh , but also make it whitelisted so quality is assured find people in the city who actually stand out but also having another city stops people moving else where when bored and keeps them in this community still
with this people could rp again and build something new give other people a chance to get stuff AND BE SOMETHING bigger in city thing is except from 229 no gangs stick around they all end up getting bored and leave or do something else exactly why the wars happen people are bored nd its a problem 
but yeh tbh should be a suggestion

Strip the white listing status from people who don't maintain the standards of expected rp would be a solid start. If it gets stripped make it a long process to earn it again. 

You'll be surprised how quick people shape up or ship out. According to this thread that's what some people want. 

I would also suggest hiding the report forum in some way so only the report maker can see it, and then invite the person or people being reported to view it. That'll clean up some of the toxicity that exists because of it. 

In a similar vein as punishment and delisting, I'd suggest rewards for good rp but that would need to be judged by someone neutral, staff team etc, rather than let it be a cluster fuck popularity contest like the suggestion forum is. 

By rewards I mean physical rewards spawned in to the game that can be collected from city hall like compensation requests. 

Strip the white listing status from people who don't maintain the standards of expected rp would be a solid start. If it gets stripped make it a long process to earn it again. 

You'll be surprised how quick people shape up or ship out. According to this thread that's what some people want. 

I would also suggest hiding the report forum in some way so only the report maker can see it, and then invite the person or people being reported to view it. That'll clean up some of the toxicity that exists because of it. 

In a similar vein as punishment and delisting, I'd suggest rewards for good rp but that would need to be judged by someone neutral, staff team etc, rather than let it be a cluster fuck popularity contest like the suggestion forum is. 

By rewards I mean physical rewards spawned in to the game that can be collected from city hall like compensation requests. 
I like both of your ideas aslong as it is monitored by staff otherwise we are going to stick going around in circles. It's also very kuch needed to know where people need to improve on their rp. Alot of give very good rp and don't get recognised for it. 

For those that don't give good rp they always get away with it and because they never get brought up on their bad rp nothing changes. When 1 person gives really poor rp it seems to roll off onto everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like we've rewound the clock to 2016 where the same sort of threads were being made about Altis Life. I think there's some very valid points being raised here. 

I do ask that those who've responded with comments that have only highlighted more of the problem, what would you like to see done about it? 

Generally speaking, there's only a few "suggestions" as to how we go about fixing this.

Better/More Staffing:
Currently, our staff team is absolutely excellent, they work their arses off for nothing more than the gratification of serving the community and their own enjoyment, and I assure you, the standards would be far worse than they are now if we weren't so lucky as to have them. Problem is... There's 30 of us (Including Management). Naturally, we're not all on, all the time and given that staff can choose when to complete staffing duties, realistically, during peak hours we may only have 3-5 staff actively watching over people (and perhaps a few more assisting in OOC, or helping resolve discord tickets). Simply put, we cannot be everywhere at once which is why we rely so heavily on the reports system, its the same system we've used for years and when used properly, it works! Reports fall apart when they're submitted for the wrong reasons (revenge reports) or if the evidence provided is lacking.

Personally, I'd enjoy the idea of making the player reporting mechanism better, more efficient and easier to use to save players having to write up long reports. How do we do this? God only knows...

But I digress. Could we up the threshold for what we consider to be acceptable? Yes, we could. And honestly, we need to. Its all a bit of a blurred line as to what is and isn't acceptable which is not a bad thing, if we define what "Quality RP" is, people will without a doubt walk that line like a tightrope, we've seen it before with enforcement on specific timings back in Altis Life days.

So, challenge for you all then. If I were to brief the staff team on our new levels of acceptable roleplay, how should I do so? What to you defines good, versus bad roleplay? It would need to be something measurable, or meet criteria so that we can ensure the whole team are on the same page.

Whitelist:
Yes... But also no.

We've had so many amazing RP'ers join us who've had 0 prior experience and just so happened to find our community, making it more difficult for new players to join the server isn't (in my humble opinion) a good idea. By its very nature, it's likely to resolve some of the baldies who just come on to troll, get banned and leave. BUT, a lot of the bans we place, aren't on new players. They're being placed on people with significant playtime, who would have almost definitely already been whitelisted if one were in place.

Rewarding Good RP:
YES. Good, we like this idea a lot. @Summer, you mentioned this in this thread, and its actually been something we've discussed amongst the leads recently. We do a lot to punish and discourage those breaking the rules, but we really should be equally rewarding and praising those who provide fantastic RP. The million dollar question, is how? How would a system like this work, and what benefits would you want to see given to those consistently providing great RP?

Generally speaking, as a community, we're incredibly privileged to have such a fantastic team that works behind the scenes, our devs are amazing, so are our staff. So, help us to help you. How do we do better?

I really think hiding the report system would be a bit of a backward step. I personally learn a lot from reports by just reading them and seeing the evidence. I think everyone should be encouraged to do it too in order to improve their own roleplay and see examples of where it can be improved on.

Shameless *bump* - This thread has the potential for real change. Feedback as always, is welcome! 

Back