What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Discord Spam etc..

Jasonnn

ᴅᴇᴘᴜᴛʏ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛᴏʀ ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ᴏꜰ ɴᴄᴀ
Investor
Lifetime Donator
Yall thought of possibly connecting the RPUK discord to all RPUK servers, making them put their Discord names in to be then sent an invite link via a bot that expires within 24 hours? 

Or like, a discord directory on the iPads/ Phones within both game servers. And the links on the forums/ TS once you've created an account/ gone through the security level. Would reduce the population of randos.

I can't be the only one getting annoyed at the 4 am tags and mass spam recently.

Just a suggestion, any other ideas? Post below.

Our Discord is a bit like our forums in the sense that it’s a promotional platform as well as an internal-communication tool. 

I think the cons of implementing this sort of suggestion reduce the possibility of gaining new players e.g from people stumbling across discord.gg/Roleplay and seeing what we do

While I agree there’s a lot of discord spam, maybe there’s some permissions that can be adjusted so that everyone can’t @ entire groups of users 

Maybe a better permissions system? Whereby non forum-verified users can't tag people

While I agree there’s a lot of discord spam, maybe there’s some permissions that can be adjusted so that everyone can’t @ entire groups of users 
I've already posted a message to factions a few days ago with a list asking them to review which tags can be tagged by everyone (The list should be limited to senior roles ideally).

Maybe a better permissions system? Whereby non forum-verified users can't tag people
We'll get right onto fixing Discord's shitty permission system for them! (That's not possible in Discord)

gone through the security level
There is something similar on Discord called verification level, but only Management have the ability to change the level. @Wilco

Last edited by a moderator:
Back