What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ducky's Shitty Setup

Ducky

I'm not that great when it comes to constructing computers. Was wondering if anyone here could give me some advise on how to improve my setup. I get constant freezes on arma and not the best FPS so I'm definitely due for an upgrade. Some people have recommenced overclocking but I don't want to mess with the voltages in case I blow up my PC or something crazy like that! Anyway here are my specs and feedback will be greatly appreciated :) .

Computer

Case: X11 Advance X-Station

CPU: AMD FX-4100

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 (Gigabyte)

Motherboard: ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX

RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 

Internal Hard Drive: 931GB Western Digital Device

Accessories

Monitor: BenQ GL2450H

Headset: Logitech G930

External Hard drive : Samsung M3 2 TB 3.0 USB slimline portable hard drive

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014

Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Mouse Mat: Razer Goliathus

Speakers: Some shitty Polaroid speaker I picked up from Asda

I'm not that great when it comes to constructing computers. Was wondering if anyone here could give me some advise on how to improve my setup. I get constant freezes on arma and not the best FPS so I'm definitely due for an upgrade. Some people have recommenced overclocking but I don't want to mess with the voltages in case I blow up my PC or something crazy like that! Anyway here are my specs and feedback will be greatly appreciated :) .

Computer

Case: X11 Advance X-Station

CPU: AMD FX-4100

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 (Gigabyte)

Motherboard: ASRock 960GM-GS3 FX

RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 

Internal Hard Drive: 931GB Western Digital Device

Accessories

Monitor: BenQ GL2450H

Headset: Logitech G930

External Hard drive : Samsung M3 2 TB 3.0 USB slimline portable hard drive

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014

Mouse: Razer Deathadder

Mouse Mat: Razer Goliathus

Speakers: Some shitty Polaroid speaker I picked up from Asda
You've bad FPS cause you have oldest and weakest AMD Fx sereis cpu,i use Fx-6300 @ 4,4 GHz and i've contant 25-30 FPS until i go into Kavala which is about 20-25,sadly i've no SSD so Arma 3 is on my HDD which causes alot of stuttering and textures not loading,so i'd advise to upgrade your cpu to at least 6300 or higher and get yourself a small SSD.

Or if you've fuckton of money to spend you can throw away this motherboard,get intel socket motherboard and sell your kidney for At least an I5.

+ if you want to oc you can do this on you should get better motherboard anyway and better cooler,in western world people like CoolerMaster 212 evo,which i don;t use cause i've got better and cheaper polish solution(AMD CPU oc'ed from 3,5 to 4,4 and goes nowhere further than 50C under heavy load for couple of hours,normal idle is 30C)

Last edited by a moderator:
You've bad FPS cause you have oldest and weakest AMD Fx sereis cpu,i use Fx-6300 @ 4,4 GHz and i've contant 25-30 FPS until i go into Kavala which is about 20-25,sadly i've no SSD so Arma 3 is on my HDD which causes alot of stuttering and textures not loading,so i'd advise to upgrade your cpu to at least 6300 or higher and get yourself a small SSD.

Or if you've fuckton of money to spend you can throw away this motherboard,get intel socket motherboard and sell your kidney for At least an I5.

+ if you want to oc you can do this on you should get better motherboard anyway and better cooler,in western world people like CoolerMaster 212 evo,which i don;t use cause i've got better and cheaper polish solution(AMD CPU oc'ed from 3,5 to 4,4 and goes nowhere further than 50C under heavy load for couple of hours,normal idle is 30C)
I have considered getting a new motherboard and going for intel but unfortunately I don't have the money to be doing that. I will probs go for a better AMD processor. getting constant 12 fps and crashes is getting very annoying and I need a quick solution :p . Is there any Fx series you would recommend within a £120/160 Euro budget? 

I have considered getting a new motherboard and going for intel but unfortunately I don't have the money to be doing that. I will probs go for a better AMD processor. getting constant 12 fps and crashes is getting very annoying and I need a quick solution :p . Is there any Fx series you would recommend within a £120/160 Euro budget? 
I had such problem in february with my old Athlon X3 460,i bought Fx 6300 for 110 euro and SilentiumPC cooler for 20 euro,then i OCed my CPU to 4,4 GHz,i'd like to go further but i've quite old mobo which is better than yours,i believe your's doesn't even have radiators for heat dissipation.

So the fastest thing would be fx 6300 but it won't give you i5 level of performance + you will be unable to OC it,if yo really want to get rid of old CPU get it but i'd wait a bit longer and buy a new mobo + cooler and oc the crap out of the Fx.

SSD you need

WbheD0Y54pBPW.gif

If you are to upgrade whats your budget? If you are on a smallish budget get the fx6300 i can vouch that it is a good reliable processor (despite arma's poor optimization for AMD...) Im currently upgrading my 6300 for a i5 4690 k and a z97 mobo and i plan to overclock... If you can afford it something like that would work wonders... If your on a really tight budget (like really really tight) just get the hyper 212 evo cpu cooler and overclock to get a bit more juice out of your cpu... Regardless of what you do though i would definetly recommend getting the 212 evo or a better cooler if you can afford as overclocking is fun and can give massive gains :)

P.s. The amd fx 6300 with a 212 evo i think is £110ish

Back