What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Dumping Rule.

SteveStacy

Donator
Donator
Create a rule around dumping players

Dumping seems to be a quick and easy out of roleplay for quite a few people. It should be a last resort-type situation to keep roleplay going.

Too many people rely on their weapons (even during the tiniest of arguments) and are very quick to dump others. If a rule about dumping being a last resort was in place, I think it would contribute to interesting roleplay and less 'frag' mentality.

I agree. Dumping people to "Make them forget" Is abuse of NLR and does kill off any further future role play. Only if the roleplay demands the dumping i.e. cause they have been in a gang or group for a long time not just a 15 to 50 min situation. +1

I agree! Too many people rely on dumping because they're scared to lose weapons or just don't actually want to rp. I've been in/witnessed multiple situations where people dump others because they get called a 'bitch' or something. So lame!

+1  I agree dumping should be a last resort because you can have a 2m interaction with someone and the next minute u find yourself swimming with nemo for arguing with someone.

Been thinking similar lately, personally I'd even go a step further and would like to see the robbery rules reworked/revisited entirely tbh. Make it so a group of people (3-4+) can only target groups or crowds of similar size unless there's a proper rp situation which leads to just one person getting singled out. Either that or properly define the initiation rule; currently it goes without saying that you can't just run up and kill someone as that would be RDM, but even though it's frowned upon there's no real rule that goes against lootbox rp. 

If you're part of a gang that's partly what you signed up for, plus I get that robberies and thefts happen realistically, but at the same time it's also not very realistic that any regular civ doing their job trying to earn an honest living basically walks around with a massive target on their back and gets robbed multiple times during their shift for as little as some smoothies or a repair kit. If you're by yourself that's one thing, at least the person you're targetting has a fair chance to turn the robbery into an enjoyable rp scenario, but as soon as it turns into a 4v1, 9/10 times it's never to create an enjoyable rp scene but rather just to quickly overpower someone without facing any kind of resistance. 

edit: all of this added to your no dumping suggestion, ofcourse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been thinking similar lately, personally I'd even go a step further and would like to see the robbery rules reworked/revisited entirely tbh. Make it so a group of people (3-4+) can only target groups or crowds of similar size unless there's a proper rp situation which leads to just one person getting singled out. Either that or properly define the initiation rule; currently it goes without saying that you can't just run up and kill someone as that would be RDM, but even though it's frowned upon there's no real rule that goes against lootbox rp. 

If you're part of a gang that's partly what you signed up for, plus I get that robberies and thefts happen realistically, but at the same time it's also not very realistic that any regular civ doing their job trying to earn an honest living basically walks around with a massive target on their back and gets robbed multiple times during their shift for as little as some smoothies or a repair kit. If you're by yourself that's one thing, at least the person you're targetting has a fair chance to turn the robbery into an enjoyable rp scenario, but as soon as it turns into a 4v1, 9/10 times it's never to create an enjoyable rp scene but rather just to quickly overpower someone without facing any kind of resistance. 

edit: all of this added to your no dumping suggestion, ofcourse.

We do enforce low quality RP when players are robbed, for example the most common one is when players are ramming taxi drivers off the road to rob them and the extent of the RP is "Get out of the car, put your hands up and drop your stuff" then they drive away. This is heavily frowned upon as this is low quality RP and RVDM and what we like to say to people that are doing this is, if they are taking something of value from another player they should provide something of value back in this case would be RP.

If this is something that players do experience please report it .

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.
I cannot stand the mentality that dumping is a go to after downing someone. 
It shuts down RP.

Specially when it comes to dumping people to "teach them a lesson", because their characters won't fucking remember, so why do it? 

I've had it happen to me, where a group dumped me after I had wronged them, with the words that "that would teach me not to fuck with them again".
My character respawned, didn't remember it, and went back a few weeks later. 
When they saw that they realised it, and ended up RP'ing a very intense warning instead, which I LOVED. 

And even more so, gangs that are in active shootings, then picking up their rivals and dumping them... 
I don't understand that at all. 

Like the fragile cutlass dudes dumping people due to "not liking their attitudes" 

+1000

As a quality RPer myself I can also agree that Cutlass and Vagos really don't want any consequences for their actions so they always result to dumping even though the situation wasn't that serious.

Specially when it comes to dumping people to "teach them a lesson", because their characters won't fucking remember, so why do it? 
THIS! 

You wrong someone, get taken, tortured and all that good stuff to then be killed and not remember anything! What is the point in that! 

Back