What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Existing Import Vehicles Refresh (May 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JYeeXtreme

Existing Import Vehicles Refresh (May 2023)

Brief Summary:

The existing fleet of add-on cars have been ageing, and many of them have been succeeded by a new generation in real life. By replacing them with newer models , it will give some existing unloved import cars a new lease of life. This is especially  apparent with the recent sound upgrade to a good amount of cars.

I have posted before but there are updated model choices and some new mentions below.
Some cars are newly imported but the model could be slightly better .

Detailed Suggestion:

The current model is listed on the left, and the replacement suggestion with a link is on the right.

Compacts:

BMW M135i (2013) 🡪 BMW M140i (2020)

Ford Focus RS (2009) 🡪 Ford Focus RS (2017)

Mazda 3 Hatchback (2008) 🡪 Mazda 3 Hatchback (2021) Or Pay Version

Mercedes-AMG A45 (2012) 🡪 Mercedes-AMG A45 (2021)

Volkswagen Golf GTI (2014) 🡪 Volkswagen Golf 8 GTI (2022)

Volkswagen Scirocco (2010) 🡪 Volkswagen Scirocco R Widebody

Coupe:

Audi RS5 (2014) 🡪 Audi RS5 (2020)

Bentley SuperSport (2017) 🡪  Bentley Continental GT (2022)

BMW M2 (2016) 🡪 BMW M2 (2023)

BMWF82  M4 (2015) 🡪 BMW M4 Competition (2021)

Muscle:

Chevrolet Camaro (2017) 🡪 Chevrolet Camaro Final Edition (2024)

Dodge Challenger (2015) 🡪 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye (2019)

Ford Mustang GT (2015) 🡪 Ford Mustang GT (2024)

Sedan:

Audi e-tron GT (better model)

Jaguar XJ (2010)  🡪 Jaguar XJR (2016)

Mercedes-AMG CLA45 (2014)  🡪 Mercedes-AMG CLA45 S (2020)

Mercedes-AMG E63 (2013) 🡪 Mercedes-AMG E63 S (2021)

Sports: 

BMW 5 Series [540i] (2018)  🡪 BMW M5 CS (2022)

Jaguar F-Type (2014) 🡪 Jaguar F-Type (2021) 

Lexus RC-F (2014) 🡪 Lexus RC-F Track Edition (2020)

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (2019) 🡪 Porsche 911 GT3 (2022)

Spyker C8 Aileron (2010) 🡪 Spyker C8 Preliator Spyder (2017)

SUV: 

Bentley Bentayga (2017)  🡪 Bentley Bentayga Speed (2021)

BMW X5 (2018)   🡪 BMW X5 Competition F95 (2021)

Cadillac Escalade ESV GMT900 (2012) 🡪 Cadillac Escalade (2021)

Lexus LX570 (2016) 🡪 Lexus LX600 (2022)

Mercedes- AMG G65 (2013) 🡪 Mercedes- AMG G63 (2022)

Mercedes-AMG GL63 (2013) 🡪 Mercedes-AMG GLS63 (2022)

Porsche Macan Turbo (2016) 🡪 Porsche Macan Turbo (2019)

Range Rover Evoque (2012) 🡪 Range Rover Evoque (2016)

Super:

Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 (2014) 🡪 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 (2023)

Koenigsegg “Regera” (Reverted to Agera RS - 2017) 🡪 Koenigsegg Jesko (2020)

The Pros:

• Provide more vehicle choices for players
  • Increase player retention (especially to car enthusiasts -> May increase RP events)
  • Good looks for the server and may attract new players

The Cons:

• Some cars will require heavy optimization (reducing  poly counts and lights)
  • Will require further testing to ensure model doesn’t cause any issue to live server

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?

• I believe these newer models will help further diversify what we see on the road.

RPUK should have a much bigger car scene and there are so much untapped potential here.

+1   +1   +1  +1 +1  +1  +1  +1  +1  +1  +1  +1  +1

YES PLEASE

Only issue with is.

You would not just get a free upgrade in real life. maybe if they were put in concurrent but that might be just too many cars in the city. 

I’d love the new cars but agree with Hektor they will be all over priced.

think instead of changing models we could do with more of a refresh, take old models out of sale and different models in, but then we also have what was said above, unfortuneately greedy dealers turning 600k cars into 3 million + and everything suddenly becoming an auction

i think its a great idea, instead of replacing models, add new models, 

all this about auctioning cars for over inflated price needs looking at anyways that's a separate issue 

+1 from me

neutral

Some of the links you've added I don't trust, try to stick to gta5-mods if you can, especially with car mods as some of them are potentially leaked/stolen assets (Mazda 3 Paid Version is an example of that) some concerns to note are that as mentioned in comments before mine.

Changing models of vehicles will significantly bump prices up on new and pre-existing vehicles which will in turn have a knock on effect on the servers economy, something else to note is that these models are not drag and drop replacements, hashes and vehicle spawn names will need to be updated within the database (Unless these are proposed "new" import vehicles) as not all developers model their vehicle names to match others which will require significant additional dev time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the feedback!
Just wanted to reiterate that the "refresh" idea was to keep the amount of cars the same, with the assumption that it will save server resources somehow.

Even if we phase out the old ones, it will still have to stay in the server and be available.
I don't know what are the requirements to make them work for the server, but I'm sure a lot of people just want more varieties of cars.

In regards to the overinflated price, I don't think it's all on dealerships.
It will still require a response from a buyer for them in order for them to profit.
From recent auctions, there are plenty of people that are willing to spend a huge amount of money to obtain what they want.
If there are no response, dealerships have to respond to the market by readjusting their prices.

IMO I think cars have had quite a lot of focus, id like to see some more love given to Motorcycles overall so we can increase the bike scene

This is my personal opinion and NOT the opinion of Staff

IMO I think cars have had quite a lot of focus, id like to see some more love given to Motorcycles overall so we can increase the bike scene

This is my personal opinion and NOT the opinion of Staff
That I don't disagree with. I'm still desperately waiting for rest of the bike updates.

+1 from me, but yes there will be issues with over pricing and making everything super rare when I can go outside my house and see 500 rs3's on the road, and lastly I don't like that Camaro, it also has some visual issues with the front bumper and canards, i put up a suggestion for a Camaro replacement which is better 

+1 from me, but yes there will be issues with over pricing and making everything super rare when I can go outside my house and see 500 rs3's on the road, and lastly I don't like that Camaro, it also has some visual issues with the front bumper and canards, i put up a suggestion for a Camaro replacement which is better 
I saw yours and it is the better model.
I just thought that *IF* we're gonna get the latest model, it should be the very last iteration of it.
Since it's going out of production next year, it's kind of similar to the  XJR suggestion.

Though I do like part of the current one where you can change it's looks from a regular SS to a ZL1.

Why would not voting for this give more focus on bikes?

Think a lot of people like myself agree we all want more bikes, but if your thinking is less focus on cars will somehow grant more focus on bikes I don't see how that checks out...

Just like with your old post, I would also like to see some of the bad models change in for new once. But also wanna stop the money greed at dealerships from turning it suddenly into a mass profit, the second hand marked can decide the price and not a super mark up by dealerships.

I saw yours and it is the better model.
I just thought that *IF* we're gonna get the latest model, it should be the very last iteration of it.
Since it's going out of production next year, it's kind of similar to the  XJR suggestion.

Though I do like part of the current one where you can change it's looks from a regular SS to a ZL1.
The 2024 Camaro looks the same as gen 3 Camaro, just different tail lights, headlights and some small things here and there, the one I suggested should replace the one we have now and instead of adding the latest one, could get an older one from the 60's or 70's. Also the current one you cant change the exhaust tips and it loos horrible

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see more modern cars in the server/higher definition models. I would say alongside this limit the craziness from cad dealers restricting flow of cars or lifting some caps to stop high prices for cars that aren’t really worth it or reflect a “real world value”.

Preferably see more import bikes with higher definition models, especially sports and off road type bikes.

Rejected

Appreciate the Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back