What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Existing Import Vehicles Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

JYeeXtreme

Brief Summary:

Existing import cars have been aging, and many of them have been through facelifts or succeeded by a new generation in real life. By bringing this update into the city will answer the long-awaited prayers of “Add more new cars” without adding much stress to server resources. This will also give some existing unloved import cars a new lease of life, which worked well in the past such as the Audi Q7 and the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio.

Detailed Suggestion:

The old model is listed on the left, and the replacement suggestion with link is on the right.

Compacts:

Ford Focus RS (2009) → Ford Focus RS (2017)

Mazda3 Hatchback (2008) → Mazda 3 Hatchback (2021) Or Pay Version

Volkswagen Golf GTI (2014) → Volkswagen Golf GTI (2020)

Coupe:

Audi RS5 (2014) → Audi RS5 (2020)

Bentley Continental Super Sports (2017) →  Bentley Continental GT Speed (2022)

BMW M4 (2015) → BMW M4 Competition (2022)

Muscle:

Dodge Challenger (2015) → Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye (2019)

Ford Mustang GT (2015) → Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021)

Sedan:

Audi RS4 Avant (2013)  → Audi A4 Avant (2021)

Jaguar XJ (2010)  → Jaguar XJR (2016)

Tesla Model S (2014) → Tesla Model S (2017 onwards)

Sports:

Jaguar F-Type (2014) → Jaguar F-Type R Convertible (2021) (Pay Version)

Maserati GranTurismo S (2010) → Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale (2018)

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (2019) → Porsche 911 GT3 (2022)

SUV:

Cadillac Escalade ESV GMT900 (2012) → Cadillac Escalade GMT K2XL (2021)

Lexus LX570 (2016) → Lexus LX600 (2022)

Mercedes- AMG G65 (2013) → Mercedes- AMG G63 (2022)

Mercedes-AMG GL63 (2013) → Mercedes-Benz GLS 500 (2020)

Porsche Macan Turbo (2016) → Porsche Macan Turbo (2019)

Super:

Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 (2014) → Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 (2023)

Koenigsegg “Regera” (Reverted to Agera RS - 2017) → Koenigsegg Jesko (2020)

Lykan Hypersport (2014) → Fenyr Supersport (2019)

McLaren 720S (2017) → McLaren 765LT (2020)

The Pros:

-          Give people something new to work towards getting

-          Better player retention (especially to car enthusiasts)

-          Good looks to the server and may attract new players

The Cons:

-          Might take up some more server resources

-          Quite a bit of testing to ensure models fits and work properly

-          Some cars may require some tweaks before implementing

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?

-          No, these can be visual upgrades (replacement) only – and it doesn’t necessarily require cars to be re-tuned or rebalanced (though that would be a welcomed change as well).

Last edited by a moderator:
Big +1

Would love to see new imports or improved versions of the imports we currently have!

I would say even, make the older ones not available anymore and add the new ones. Wouldn't make sense for us as a player to Park one night an 2014 model and wake up the next morning an have a 2022 model. It will also helps to stabilize the prices without unbalancing unloved cars.

Besides that +1 from me. 

@Bobinz That is a valid concern. However it has happened before with the Corvette, M4 etc...
While having new models would be great, I was just assuming there's a bigger reason (perhaps resource related) why cars aren't being added often.
I think the on-going optimizations we've seen lately kind of back up that point.
Would love to hear from a Dev to get a better understanding though.

I agree, updating the models / vehicles could be a benefit for the server and it's players. Would make the vehicles more used and not make older / bad models obsolete by updating them.

+1

+11111

I bought an RS5 thinking it'd be amazing, however it handles and sounds awful.  I own an A5 3L Quattro IRL (Base to race: A5 > S5 > RS5) and even this base model sticks to the ground better than this terribly wheel spinny car we have ingame.  Audi are good with  making Quatro sports cars with timing chains rather than timing belts.

Rejected - Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back