What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Food and Drink System/RP

Jonny Marley

Hello there Roleplay UK,

As an active member and owner of Up-n-Atom, I've noticed a trend within our server's food roleplay dynamics that I believe could benefit from some thoughtful enhancements. Specifically, I'd like to address smoothie consumption and its impact on immersive roleplay experience.

It's become apparent that smoothies have emerged as a dominant choice among others, often being purchased in large quantities with minimal roleplay involved. I feel like as a result of smoothies having such a dominant force and is the 'go to' for most people in game, I feel meaningful food RP is somewhat deserted at times within the city. I could be the only one thinking it and if so then so be it I guess but I feel like sometimes there's a bit of a 'lazy approach' to Food RP and people would rather buy up smoothies from a Burger or a Taco Shop. To me this makes absolutely no sense. As a burger shop I'm sat here looking at what the main product is that sells (smoothies) and thinking to myself; does this make sense for RP? To me this doesn't make sense and even if we then don't sell smoothies, people would rather check best prices on smoothies etc.

I want to thank the likes of Nobles for giving me a little hand so far within RP with us crafting our burgers for them etc. Even with me keeping a close eye on with how that is going to it comes to me as no shock once again to see people prioritizing other options when it comes to buying stuff in.

The point I am trying to make is that some people forget sometimes that the server is about RP. I just think it would be nice to see a change in maybe how the food is consumed or how food businesses work as a result to try and enhance and encourage more RP within the food industry at RPUK. I have not come up with an exact idea on how this would be tweaked as I feel everyone would have their different opinions on it but feel like it was necessary at some point to reach out on here and gain some genuine feedback as I have seen from myself it first hand and have seen people discuss it on discords etc in the past but not ever being put on the forums really.

Example of a few ideas in no particular order:

1. Changing the prices of smoothies by a substantial amount

2. Make it so certain other items are made better to balance it out

3. Maybe changing the way you consume food as a whole (E.g. Making it so different foods are required at different times)

4. In terms off at the various different food places themselves make each one unique to the food they're selling for example different stations that make them emote making the food product. I.e. Pizzeria having food stations for 1. making base 2. adding toppings 3. packaging pizza

These are all just ideas that I have had as a means to change in the way we RP food and I am open to hear other ideas and opinions that are specific to food RP.

Once again I would love to see other peoples viewpoints on this topic many thanks Barry.

An issue on the server will always be, intentional or not people are drawn to what is most convenient or quickest. We found the exact same issue when we were running our motel before refurbishments. Without a benefit people dont have reasons to come down and rp and that shouldn't be the case. Only a handful of times in 7-8 months have people come down by their own choice to rp not with the intention of gaining something out of the interaction which is a shame. I feel by altering the balance like Johnny has said could potentially open up better possibilities for food places to actually sell a variety of food rather than just the "meta" food being regularly constantly sold out making it less about, "well this fills up my food and thirst at the same time and does it for the cheapest" and more about the businesses providing it.
+1

+1 I suppose but to what?

Perhaps a mechanic like decay combined with an extra stat similar to MINECRAFT HUNGER SATURATION that gives a buff to freshly made food whilst also making the best foods expire after a given amount of time, but then you have to look at places like Pop's Diner and wonder how it would work for them with lower customer count.

I personally aren't fussed either way, most of the time I like to just grab food from storage or from the cheapest shop and carry on with whatever I'm doing but occasionally I like to do a little RP about getting food if I see a place open and can see a change to the mechanics being an overall positive for the server.
Perhaps an 'eat meal' type option where if you go and buy and eat a meal at a food place while it's open you get super ultra mega filled up for a long time which would give the business a chance to sell less for more.

believe a food update has been teased(whatever that entails) so new CoC related policies will probably appear for restaurants when that comes in to better accomodate whatever changes get added

I have not really been around food all that much, when I started playing I was told to get fruit smoothies and so I did, and that is what I have always got. However, after reading your suggestion, I will endeavour to adopt a "shit im hungry, lets check tweedle and see what's open approach" rather than just making sure I am stocked up on smoothies. I am trying to get better at the RP aspect, and this will help a lot, increase interactions and its going to increase the quality of your RP over time, as well as confidence.

The only thing I would like to see, which has been mentioned above to some extent, is if I visit a food establishment, I would like to be fuller for longer, Just the three meals a day would be enough, then maybe carry a bottle of water that can be refilled?

Anyway +1 in terms of changes that increaes RP. It's certainly food for thought...;)

I think this could improve RP for the whole server, tbh there alot of things we could add to improve the server, like heists and things, take everyone attention away from each other of just shooting and arguing.

There is so many business that have so much potential with RP. I've seen Burgershot and UP-N-atom done where people order a burger and they hacve to cook it and get paid for cooking it. I feel like this should be made a option because it will be cool ordering food and having the process of it being made and making food last a certain amount of hours when bought would be perfect and would been people can't just stock up on it and i think smoothies are way to powerful and should not do both drink and food.

massive +1 to help buissness RP

I own a shop and petrol station in the city, although smoothies are 100% my bread and butter and my main source of income, i totally agree with you on this.

Smoothies should of course fill your drink, maybe a miniscule portion of your hunger.

Also foods like crisps, chocolate bars should be a minimal hunger buff, eg you need to take 10-15 to be full.

Now with the food, I think that meals should give you a huge boost to hunger, eg burgers, pizza, pasta and other food dishes establishments could create. All food has say 24-48 hours before it is spoiled, resteraunt owners can stock food, but it starts going off as soon as they display it.

If you want fresh food to start the timer you order it whilst you are in the establishment.

+1

I think this could improve RP for the whole server, tbh there alot of things we could add to improve the server, like heists and things, take everyone attention away from each other of just shooting and arguing.

There is so many business that have so much potential with RP. I've seen Burgershot and UP-N-atom done where people order a burger and they hacve to cook it and get paid for cooking it. I feel like this should be made a option because it will be cool ordering food and having the process of it being made and making food last a certain amount of hours when bought would be perfect and would been people can't just stock up on it and i think smoothies are way to powerful and should not do both drink and food.

massive +1 to help buissness RP
Maybe the order gets logged on till so employees can see what items have been ordered maybe ?☺️ saves people dicking about and asking for items you simply don’t do 😂

Maybe the order gets logged on till so employees can see what items have been ordered maybe ?☺️ saves people dicking about and asking for items you simply don’t do 😂
Maybe or server serves them then you cut the items need and cook then one server took order pings the cook or something

Maybe implement an order system like what AE has, goto the cashier and you order there, then you can either goto a table or wait at a side for your order.

I personally think having somewhere to sit and eat would be a great way to increase RP situations, as deals could be spoken about over the table etc, aslong as there isprivacy or something.

You see it in films and series, a lot of stuff is arranged over a steak 👍🏻

Maybe implement an order system like what AE has, goto the cashier and you order there, then you can either goto a table or wait at a side for your order.

I personally think having somewhere to sit and eat would be a great way to increase RP situations, as deals could be spoken about over the table etc, aslong as there isprivacy or something.

You see it in films and series, a lot of stuff is arranged over a steak 👍🏻
I like this idea as we tried to do it any business meeting we had we went to up-n_atom

I do feel as if smoothies are quite over-powered and it renders the other food items as useless - maybe make smoothies do primarily thirst and a lot less hunger? While I am on the topic as well some food items give people hydration which I have never gotten like breakfasts/pizza slices.

When people ask why they "feel" hydrated after eating these items I just say "Must be the oil." it would be nice for food to have an overhaul in general with what if gives - I think Mason and Cordella made a post ages ago.

I also believe that fast food/diners/bars should have their own food item they can make to add variety to businesses.

Back